This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Can where update the latest Beta Bios f6d with the newest Intel Management Engine (ME) Firmware Version please?

Beta Bios:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/2usdj4cr5xl6cij/Z390DESIGNARE.F6d/file

Latest
    Intel Management Engine (ME) Firmware Version: https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fi leinfo&id=3909&lang=fr

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
      Your CPU is retail ?
      What didn't work...? boot or something else..?
      I found one modded F21e , try and this is my last resort,no other option.....
      Does this includes NVMe modification? I need modded x79 UD3 rev 1.1 BIOS with NVMe modification.
      Thanks

Comment

Hello Guys.
        I have a Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme motherboard with original F13S firmware (firmware wich supports Intel X5690 processor). System (Win10Pro) works on Samsung 860 Evo SSD connected to PCI-e x4 Marvell 8230 controller card. No problems detected (exept original samsung magician software, but it's a other story).
        Now I have an idea to buy PLEXTOR M9Pe PCI-E x4 AIC NVMe (on Marvell 88SS1093 controller) and use it for Windows 10 Pro system.
        As I read, X58 with original BIOS doesn't support boot from NVMe.

Does anybody tryed to use NVMe as boot disk with same board and any custom firmwares or it's impossible?

Comment

Hi all!

Here is a link to an updated/modded BIOS based on the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Beta BIOS version F9b that I did (I cannot attach the file as it is apparently too large). I used the UBU update tool and also manually added the IME update.

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

This modded BIOS contains the following updates:

Disk Controller:
          EFI IRST RAID for SATA: 13.5.0.2164 --> 15.1.0.2545
          OROM IRST RAID for SATA: 13.5.0.2164 --> 15.1.0.2545

Video:
          EFI GOP Driver HSW-BDW: 5.5.1032 --> 5.5.1034
          ORM VBIOS HSW-BDW: 1038 --> 1044

Network:
          EFI Lx Killer Network UNDI: 1.1.0.3 --> 1.1.0.10
          OROM QCM-Atheros PXE: 2.1.1.1 --> 2.1.1.5

Other SATA Controller:
          EFI Marvell SATA ACHI: 1.1.0.1007 --> 1.1.0.1020
          ORM Marvell 88SE9192: 1.0.0.0034 --> 1.0.0.0034

Intel Management Engine: 9.1.25.1005 --> 9.1.37.1002

Latest CPU Microcode Pack

Re-enabled the 1024MB option for Integrated Video Memory Allocation

Modified splash logo

Comment

• Last edited by Kn8; 04-06-2019, 03:30 PM. Reason: further information

Comment

Originally posted by virtualfred View Post
              GA-Z68M-D2H BIOS U1G mod

Modified with :

Intel Legacy RAID ROM 11.1.0.1413 to 12.7.0.1936
              Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
              Realtek PCIe GBE Controller 2.50 to 2.57
              Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS 2158
              Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
              Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1023
              Sandy (06A7) CPU-MicroCode rev.29 added
              Ivy E1(06A9) CPU-MicroCode from rev17 to 19
              Modified splash logo
              Hi I have this exact motherboard (z68m-d2h, rev 1.0) bought off ebay. It's running on U1G bios as well. When running on a i7-3770 CPU, the dual channel memory will not work. Any memory installed on channel B will result in a power off - reset when I powered on in 10 seconds.

I wonder maybe it's BIOS is still not up to date, and I would like to request modified BIOS above. Kindly let me know if you still have it.

Comment

Is there a modified bios for Z87X-UD5H it can run NVMe as a boot drive?

Comment

Could anyone tell me if the modded BIOS for X79-UD5 (F14b) is good for Sandy Bridge E users too? I have no idea how to check which microcodes I need and which I need to avoid. If not, could someone mod me a good SB-E BIOS?

I can't get along with the search function on this forum. My post in the Bete BIOS thread magically disappeared. I've scoured hundreds of pages for information, finally landed on F13t, modded and updated it slightly to not mess it up, found out it's not going to work for me because it's lacking UEFI only and Secure Boot options.. I can't get my RX 570 running in UEFI mode on it. Every piece of information I try to find leads back to these forums.. I'm really at the end of my wit here guys, a little help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

I just figured out both stock F14b and modded F14b use microcode revision 710 for any CPU with CPUID 206D7, which has been used ever since version F13U where Ivy Bridge E was introduced. So I'm going to assume that it's not as good for SB-E users
                  Last edited by Asobi; 04-12-2019, 12:24 PM. Reason: investigated microcode revisions

Comment

Hello Im Motherboard Gigabyte Ga-x58 USB3 (Need Modified Bios Link Me Please)
                    w3680 4.4Ghz

Comment

Hi all,

I know it could sounds weird but recently I got a Gigabyte X38-DQ6 motherboard with a Q9550. The system is inestable even at stock/auto values and I wonder if someone could upload the F9K BIOS file or some more updated BIOS file derivated from it because at official Gigabytes website it's not available.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey,
                        modified BIOS for x79s-up5 ver. f5c supports NVMe disks?
                        I would like to run NVMe on this disc, but nowhere can I find a modified bios. Someone will help me if I have to change the bios myself, but I do not know which model to get drivers out of.

Comment

GA-Z68X-UD3H BIOS U1l mod

Does this bios work with:

1) Overclocking CPU
                          2) UEFI BIOS reauirement of Vega 64 GPU (more specifically, the Sapphire Nitro+ Air)

The official UEFI bios of Gigabyte does not allow overclocking of the CPU. It has the wrong VID codes and crashes immediately.

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

GA-Z68X-UD3H BIOS U1l mod

Hello,

I have 2 questions about this bios:

1. Does it allow CPU overclocking? I am currently running official Gigabyte BIOS U1n, overclocking the CPU leads to instant crash. Whereas on Bios F12 it worked fine.
                            2. On Bios F12, I could not run my Vega 64 as it has a requirement to have UEFI Bios. Does this bios mod U1l enable the running of a vega 64/EUFI? For info my card is a Sapphire Nitro+ Air.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by pako View Post
                              Hey,
                              modified BIOS for x79s-up5 ver. f5c supports NVMe disks?
                              I would like to run NVMe on this disc, but nowhere can I find a modified bios. Someone will help me if I have to change the bios myself, but I do not know which model to get drivers out of.
                              Hi!!

i'm new in the forum, and i have the stock F5f with nvme support and work fine, i have a nvme adapter with WD Black series 500GB. Put the support to F5C is simple and latest ME (8.1.70.1590_1.5MB_PRD_RGN.bin) using FWUpdLcl64 from window.

can share with you the F5c with nvme support :)

Now is F5c the last modified bios for this mainboard?

Thx.

Comment

Hi!

In the first page i see bios F5C for GA-X79S-UP5, is possible put the last modification for F5f to?

Thx

Comment

Working...
                                X