Realtek PCIe GBE Controller 2.57 to 2.60
        EFI Realtek UNDI 2.015 to 2.029
        Marvell 88SE91xx SATA RAID 1.0.1.0025 to 1.0.0.0034
        Sandy (06A7) CPU-MicroCode rev.29
        Ivy E1(06A9) CPU-MicroCode from rev.19 to 1B
        ME firmware 8.0.0.1351
        Modified splash logo2

Note:
        ME 8.1.52.1496 (Firmware) flash yourself in Windows mode.
        Hello! I just updated to this bios! It seems I cannot overclock and change voltage settings in the BIOS (pressing enter or double clicking won't do anything)? Can you please help me.

Also I can't flash the firmware it says

"Error 8193: Intel (R) ME Interface : Cannot locate ME device driver"

and when I use MeInfoWin64 (through cmd (admin mode) and through the .bat file (admin mode)) it says

"Error 9458: Communication error between application and Intel(R) ME module (FW Update client)

Error 9459: Internal error (Could not determine FW features information)"

but I managed to open it when I restarted

Click image for larger version

Name:	haha.png
Views:	1
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	754726

But I can't do it again anymore, it says the same error. Thanks!

NOTE:

I updated using DOS since I came from F12.
        Last edited by RandomUser; 11-21-2014, 01:52 PM. Reason: Added Info

Comment

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

^
          Which OS and CPU...?
          As you came from AWARD to UEFI BIOS (in which some overclock functions didn't works),
          try also other UEFI BIOS's for your board, posted here:

You can use Q-Flash now.

Edit:
          Update your MEI driver also....latest is 10.x.xx.xxxx
          Last edited by stasio; 11-22-2014, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
            ^
            Which OS and CPU...?
            As you came from AWARD to UEFI BIOS (in which some overclock functions didn't works),
            try also other UEFI BIOS's for your board, posted here:

You can use Q-Flash now.

Edit:
            Update your MEI driver also....latest is 10.x.xx.xxxx
            Windows 10 Technical Preview, i5 2500k. I needed to change bios to the latest one after changing CPU since the previous ones was giving me boot loops.

Yep, I updated to the latest MEI driver by installing XTU. I can't run the MEInfo again, giving me the same errors.

Is it really needed to flash the ME firmware after using your modded U1L? Also can't we really use overclock functions (even change voltage) with UEFI ones?

Comment

In Windows 10 Technical Preview update ME firmware didn't work and ...yea is not need to update.
              For Z86 UEFI BIOS overclock functions,hope some other users we tell more then me....

Edit:
              Some comments with video:
              A video I took while upgrading my gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 (1.0) motherboard from BIOS version F12 to the new UEFI (U1h)Link to creating a bootable dos thumb dr...
              Last edited by stasio; 11-22-2014, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vailr View Post
                You may be correct, but: exactly how do these "leaks" occur? What is the chain of custody? Are Intel servers being accessed illegally? Why is it that there's seldom any accompanying documentation pertaining to ME/MEI? They could at least say: "I found this file at this IP address", or something.
                Station-drivers needs to improve their methodology. And as far as ME/MEI specifically: their best policy would seem to be: to not publish such undocumented MEI firmware "leakages" at all, and publicly recommend reliance on what the official manufacturer bios releases provide. Or at the least: only pass on "leaks" that include some kind of minimal documentation: "this firmware is for these specific chipsets: X, Y & Z" type of description. For MEI drivers: "this driver is for use with these specific chipset type of motherboards: A, B, & C". Or even simply: "We found these files at an undisclosed IP address. We don't know anything more than what you see inside the compressed file. Our best guess is that this firmware is designed for unreleased mobile chipsets with code names "Tamarand" & "Bluefield" (or whatever)". But simply passing on for public consumption, items that they know they don't know anything about is bad policy.
                If they have to write their own text file as their own kind of documentation, then go ahead and do that. If they need to then translate from French to English or other languages, then go ahead and do that.
                But they should not, in my opinion, be publishing on their web site such completely undocumented files.

Stasio likes to post there practically on a daily basis, but never wants to help correct that web site's (what I consider as) bad behavior.
                I already told you how they occur. Noone is hacking anything, don't be silly. Intel creates hardware,firmware,tools & documentation. The various manufacturers (OEMs) receive the hardware to built their own systems. The software/firmware is updated regularly so it makes sense for there to be a place where these packages can be downloaded. Each OEM has certain credentials (username, password etc). Using these, they login to the Intel site where newer drivers,firmware,tools & documentation is located. All these come in one package. They use tools,documentation+firmware to update the BIOS of their systems and release the Drivers on their websites for people to manually download and update. They should upload just the drivers. Sometimes though they upload the whole package which includes the tools,documentation & firmware as well. Simple as that.

Noone has to (must) explain to you how these work. Not me, not Stasio, not Station-Drivers. It's you who decide what to download and how to use it. It's your responsibility if you make any mistake while performing something meant for OEMs to do. Whether someone wants to help you by providing knowledge which comes from experience, confidential documentation etc, it's entirely up to him/her. Instead of asking & asking, read & read what you can find online from people who care to explain such things to others. This thread will explain to you what you seek:

Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

Comment

@ plutomaniac: I'm beginning to think that many of these Intel "leaked" ME firmwares were never intended by Intel for public release.
                  They were, in my opinion, only meant for board manufacturer's consideration to be included in their official bios releases; not for end-users.
                  With station-drivers.com lazy & undocumented postings, it's far too easy for someone "out there on the inter-tubes" to see an ME firmware that's only vaguely described, and perform a seemingly appropriate ME firmware upgrade. But only to later discover (due to poor documentation on station-drivers.com) that their system is not running the appropriate ME firmware.
                  You & Stasio may have your opinions, but mine is the correct one.
                  Last edited by vailr; 11-22-2014, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys.

I'm fixing up some of my older machines and was hoping for some info/help.
                    Anyway, does anyone know of a modified and updated BIOS for the old GA-EP45-DQ6? It has the ICH10R chipset so I was hoping for a new intel rom with trim and >2Tb support.

Any info would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Nian View Post
                      Hi Guys.

I'm fixing up some of my older machines and was hoping for some info/help.
                      Anyway, does anyone know of a modified and updated BIOS for the old GA-EP45-DQ6? It has the ICH10R chipset so I was hoping for a new intel rom with trim and >2Tb support.

Any info would be awesome.
                      Some can be found here:

or try to PM skypy.

Comment

They look decent but old. What was the last compatible intel raid rom? I heard that there was a fix to support raid and trim for the older chips even the ICH8R.

Maybe I should pm Skypy, if he doesn't responder on the forum any time in the next few that is.. ;)

Comment

@ plutomaniac: I'm beginning to think that many of these Intel "leaked" ME firmwares were never intended by Intel for public release.
                          They were, in my opinion, only meant for board manufacturer's consideration to be included in their official bios releases; not for end-users.
                          With station-drivers.com lazy & undocumented postings, it's far too easy for someone "out there on the inter-tubes" to see an ME firmware that's only vaguely described, and perform a seemingly appropriate ME firmware upgrade. But only to later discover (due to poor documentation on station-drivers.com) that their system is not running the appropriate ME firmware.
                          Hello valir, with this latest bolded statement, you made clear that you are in a situation that may be described like a "cul-de-sac"...
                          If you don't know what it means search "out there on the inter-tubes" and you'll find some "lazy & undocumented postings" that will help you to "discover that that your brain is not running the appropriate idea" of acceptance and respect.

Cheers,

KK
                          Last edited by killkernel; 11-23-2014, 06:30 AM.

Comment

I'm beginning to think that many of these Intel "leaked" ME firmwares were never intended by Intel for public release.
                            Really? Are you saying that something that reports as CONFIDENTIAL is not for the public eyes? Oh my...great discovery (sarcasm intended)!

HA-HA-HA, ok I'm done talking to you...

Originally posted by Nian View Post
                            They look decent but old. What was the last compatible intel raid rom? I heard that there was a fix to support raid and trim for the older chips even the ICH8R.

Maybe I should pm Skypy, if he doesn't responder on the forum any time in the next few that is.. ;)
                            Hey Nian, visit win-raid.com and post there about your RAID oROM question. Fernando will be able to help you.
                            Last edited by plutomaniac; 11-23-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

g1sniperz87 is there a new bios with all updates out there or is it still f4mod
                              i5 4670k @4.4
                              G1.sniper z87 bios F4-MOD
                              AMD Radeon R9 280X
                              Kingston hyper x 1600 2x4gb-XMP
                              Kingston 120gb ssd
                              Samsung 500gb
                              coolmaster 750w power pack
                              CPU cooler H80 custom by myself
                              windows 8.1 with update

Comment

Originally posted by petermk View Post
                                g1sniperz87 is there a new bios with all updates out there or is it still f4mod
                                It's new official realease date.

Comment

Working...
                                X