X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Hello folks,

I'm pretty new here though I have been reading for awhile. Impressive work and very informative.

I have heard that there is a modded BIOS for the GA H97-D3H that allows for "multicore enhancement" (I believe that is ASUS' name for it)... so my Xeon 1231v3 can run Turbo @ 3.8 GHZ on all cores under load. A fellow from a German forum was going to sell me one but the cost plus the cost to wire money there was over $50 CDN.... not that I don't appreciate the work but I'm not gonna pay $50.

Is that kind of BIOS available here?

Thank you
    :)
    -new guy
    Last edited by csand84; 11-25-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

^Which BIOS you want?.....F5?

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
        ^Which BIOS you want?.....F5?

Wow, such speedy reply.

F5 would be wonderful sir. What does it cost for you to make one for me?

Comment

Here is free......I am aware of "German forum".
          Let me 10-15 min.....

GA-H97-D3H-F5-mod

Edit:
          Non-K All Core max. Turbo.....
          Last edited by stasio; 11-25-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Wow

Makes me glad I didn't pay!

Thank you very much! I will wait patiently.

Newbie question: Is there anything else I will need to do besides flash the new BIOS?

Comment

I am just not sure about Xeon 1231v3 ,as I cann't test.
              Flash normal and let me know.

Edit:
              BIOS is in link above.

Comment

Thanks again.

Will test when I get home this afternoon (at work now) and post up letting you know.

Much appreciated :D

Comment

Hi folks,
                  I also have xeon cpu,1230v3, and I would like to have the multicore enchangement in use to get the most out of my cpu.
                  I'm looking for Non-K All Core max. Turbo bios ( F7 which is the latest) for my mobo GA-Z87-d3hp.
                  I have few tools which can read and edit the bios file, but Im not familiar with it myself and I heard that here are people who are kinda experts on that.
                  A modded bios would be much appreciated if it is not too much trouble.
                  Thanks in advance, sniper.

Comment

Hey Stasio,

I think there might be something wrong with the D3H you made for me... my PC won't POST anymore:P (I'm not mad btw... I know the risks of messing with the BIOS) I work in IT and have flashed many a BIOS but have not yet had one brick a PC like this one did to me :D

Tried all the troubleshooting steps I can find.... eventually even tried bridging the pins on the chip according to the schematic (as suggested in another thread).

The best I could get was a few times the DUALBIOS screen came up for a couple seconds, then my PC would reboot and back to the "no signal" on my monitor :(

Gonna try to get this replaced but will have to buy a new one I suppose, lol.

But... just thought I'd let you know you might wanna have a look at the one you posted

As for me..... motherboard shoppin tonight :P
                    Last edited by csand84; 11-25-2014, 11:12 PM.

Comment

^
                      You have 2 BIOS chip's on board..right.Try to kick Backup BIOS....

1. Shut off the power supply using the switch on the back of the PSU, wait 10-15 seconds.
                      2. Press and hold the case Power On switch, then while still holding turn on the power supply from the switch on the rear.
                      3. Still holding the case power on switch, the board will start, once it does release the case power on switch and
                      shut off the power supply via the switch on the rear of the unit.
                      (Do the latter two parts as quickly as you can once the board starts)
                      4. The board will shut down.
                      5. Turn the power supply back on using the switch on the rear of the unit.
                      6. Turn on the motherboard by pressing the case power on button.

Once the board starts this time you should see the Gigabyte splash screen, or POST page, then the Auto-Recovery from Dual BIOS will kick in.
                      You will see a checksum error, and then recovery from BACKUP BIOS will begin. Once it is done reboot your machine and enter the BIOS
                      and load optimized defaults then save/apply/reboot back to BIOS.

or
                      Method #1:
                      1. Shut your PC down (if you're reading this guide, than your PC isn't working anyways)
                      2. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again
                      3. Press the power button again, your backup BIOS should kick in now and
                      should re-flash the main BIOS if there's anything wrong with it.

Method #2:
                      1. Shut your PC down
                      2. Hold the power AND the reset button for about 10 sec, than release.
                      3. Backup BIOS should kick in anytime soon now.

Edit:
                      I has been unsure about Xeon 1231v3, as posted above.
                      Last edited by stasio; 11-26-2014, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Hey Stasio,

thanks for all the help. Seems the secondary BIOS was corrupted or something as it wouldn't function when it loaded.

In the end, the motherboard is being replaced. In the meantime I got myself a Gigabyte z97-ud3h :D

Comment

Hey, I got a email about new post and there was a link to the bios I was looking for.
                          Dunno if you edited the post and removed the link due csand having problems with his.
                          I downloaded that bios from the email link and flashed it in, worked like a charm, now I have 3.7 turbo on all cores.
                          Thank you very much man.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperfin View Post
                            Hey, I got a email about new post and there was a link to the bios I was looking for.
                            Dunno if you edited the post and removed the link due csand having problems with his.
                            I downloaded that bios from the email link and flashed it in, worked like a charm, now I have 3.7 turbo on all cores.
                            Thank you very much man.

Nice. Can't think of why mine didn't like it though! Out of curiosity, which BIOS did you have previously? F5?

Question for anyone who might know... will my new Z97-Ud3H have the enhanced turbo already built in (Z97 chipset?)

Thanks
                            -csand

Comment

I have a different mobo (ga-z87-d3hp), so thats why I did not have any troubles.
                              I also have 1230v3, dunno if it's the microcode stuff in bios which causes trouble with 1231v3, since it was launched among the devils canyon this year,
                              while 1230v3 was launched a year earlier and is supported by mobos right from the start, while your cpu needs bios update to get support (atleast with z87 mobos).
                              And using microcodes which allow mce don't regonice your cpu. Don't know exactly how it is, but I suppose something like that.

Comment

Hi, there's a guide to update bios modules? Because this link doesn't work: http://www.win-lite.de/wbb/board208-...ix-award-bios/

Anyone has created z77x-up5th f12 final modded bios?
                                Thanks.
                                Last edited by savemosca; 11-28-2014, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X