This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

I know this is fo gigabyte..but since there is no forum for biostar...figured Id post here
    wondering if its possible for someone to update/mod the bios for BIOSTAR TZ68K+
    TZ68K+ :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR

Z68BF709.BST
    Last edited by techguru99; 11-08-2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Sniper M3 Z77 BIOS
      Based off of F10f
      Updated with Raid 13.5.2164

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
        ^
        G1.Sniper 3 - F8n-mod

Modified with:

Intel RAID for SATA 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2126
        Intel EFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2126
        Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA 2158 to 2170
        EFI GOPdriver Sandy 3.0.1023 to 3.0.1027
        EFI GOPdriver Ivy 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
        OROM Intel PXE 1.3.81 to 1.5.61
        EFI Intel UNDI 5.3.00 to 6.4.13
        Bigfoot PCIE Ethernet Controller 2.1.1.1 to 2.1.1.5
        Marvell 88SE91xx/92xx Adapter 1.0.0.0034
        CPU Microcode Sandy 29/Ivy 19 to Sandy 29/Ivy 1B
        ME firmware 8.1.30.1350
        Modified splash logo 2

Note:
        ME 8.1.52.1496 (Firmware) flash yourself in Windows mode.
        Hey friend, when i have to instal IME firmware?, after or before updating the bios?. Thanks.

Enviado desde mi Optimus 4X HD mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nvisionmage View Post
          Hey friend, when i have to instal IME firmware?, after or before updating the bios?. Thanks.

Enviado desde mi Optimus 4X HD mediante Tapatalk

After BIOS flashing you have to load Windows and flash Intel ME Firmware. ;)

Cheers,

KK

Comment

Hallo. Any update for GA-Z87X-UD5H rev 1.0 yet? I have the F10_ModX and IME Firmware 9.0.31.1487 installed.

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-Z87X-UD5H (rev. 1.x)

THX :)
            Last edited by illEctricBob; 11-12-2014, 02:27 AM.
            http://www.sysprofile.de/id33222

Comment

GA-Z97X-UD3H Bios F8D Mod 2

Modified with:
              Intel OROM RAID for SATA 13.0.0.2075 to 13.5.0.2164
              Intel EFI Raid for SATA 13.0.0.2075 to 13.5.0.2164
              Intel OROM Haswell VBIOS 2179 to 2180
              Intel EFI GOP Haswell 5.0.1037
              Intel OROM PXE 1.5.04 to 1.5.61
              Intel EFI UNDI 5.1.00 to 6.4.13
              CPU Microcode 06C3-1C
              ME Firmware 9.1.0.1120
              Modified splash logo 2

ME Firmware pick the latest and update yourself in Win mode
              Last edited by Priskvark; 11-12-2014, 04:48 PM.

Comment

So where can I download the FTK? I would like to force-downflash my current X79-UD3 bios (F20) to F14 in order to get the ssd cache back, but I seem to find no current FTK links... Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by landsome View Post
                  So where can I download the FTK? I would like to force-downflash my current X79-UD3 bios (F20) to F14 in order to get the ssd cache back, but I seem to find no current FTK links... Thanks.
                  Look at this post from stasio. He maintains a comprehensive list of drivers, utilities and tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Priskvark View Post
                    Look at this post from stasio. He maintains a comprehensive list of drivers, utilities and tools.
                    That's wonderful. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by killkernel View Post
                      No, it is not necessary.

You can update your BIOS, Intel MEI firmware and IRST drivers.

If in your previous BIOS you had an older CPU micro-code (such as Rev. 12/15/17 for Ivy Bridge) you can enjoy to further optimize your OC:

- raising a little bit (100 Mhz to start) maintaining the same level of VCore,
                      - keep the current frequency but you can go down a couple of steps with the VCore.

Obviously you need to do stability tests to re-certify the stability of the system.

Cheers and have a nice week-end!

KK
                      Today, I updated the BIOS. Works great! Going to try and tweak my overclock if I don't get lazy. However, I couldn't update the Intel MEI firmware. It says it cannot locate the ME device driver when I run the flash program in Windows.
                      Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.3Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
                      Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F16k Beta BIOS
                      ASUS RX570 OC 4GB
                      Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1600
                      Corsair AX750
                      Samsung 840 Pro 128GB and Western Digital Red 3TB

Comment

Originally posted by geokilla View Post
                        Today, I updated the BIOS. Works great! Going to try and tweak my overclock if I don't get lazy. However, I couldn't update the Intel MEI firmware. It says it cannot locate the ME device driver when I run the flash program in Windows.
                        Hello geokilla! You have to install Intel ME Drivers before trying to flash...

Cheers,

KK

Comment

geokilla,
                          your F16 modded BIOS has already latest ME firmware 8.1.52.xxxx......
                          You can check by MEInfo (for Z77 system) in Windows.

killkernel,
                          your link is pointing to 5M driver ......should be 1.5M......
                          Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Version 10.0.30.1072 (1.5Mo)

Comment

killkernel,
                            Thanks Stasio, i know it and i've installed this driver version (5MB) on my Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH and i didn't encountered any issue nor during setup nor after using the machine.

Have a nice day,

KK

Comment

geokilla,
                              your F16 modded BIOS has already latest ME firmware 8.1.52.xxxx......
                              You can check by MEInfo (for Z77 system) in Windows.

killkernel,
                              I think Stasio and station-drivers.com may both be confused: MEI 5M vs. MEI 1.5M pertains only to the Intel MEI firmware.
                              Note: ME = driver; MEI = firmware.
                              The latest ME driver version 10.0.30.1072 can be used in conjunction with several different MEI firmware versions: 8x, 9x, 10x; and for any of the 3 chipset variations: Z, H & Q. That same driver does NOT work with MEI firmware versions 5x thru 7x. Not sure about mobile or X series (79X & 99X) chipsets.
                              However, it should be noted: what's labeled as ME driver version 10.0.30.1072 actually shows as version 10.0.30.1054 in Windows Device Manager.
                              Why Intel decided on such a confusing & counter-intuitive approach??
                              The driver itself has no numerical distinction between 5M vs. 1.5M versions at all.
                              In other words: there's no separate driver designed for use with 1.5M firmware, and some different driver corresponding to 5M firmware, AFAIK.

"Z" & "H" series chipsets require the 1.5M firmware, while (business-oriented) "Q" series chipsets require 5M firmware.
                              Anyway: I could be wrong, but that's my current understanding of the situation.

Station-drivers.com will often post ME & MEI updates, but often fails to provide complete information pertaining to specific applicability, and sometimes adds their own faulty information. What they're labeling as MEI "driver" may actually be "firmware", and vice-versa. If the install file includes an .inf file, then it's a driver. If there's a .bin file, then it's a firmware file. But then you have to decipher what chipset the firmware is for, because telling you that would make it too easy. Or certain driver .exe installers may obfuscate from view the .inf file, I've seen in some cases for Intel device drivers.

@Stasio:
                              I do appreciate your bios updates, but your willingness to share certain aspects of arcane Intel information remains somewhat lacking.
                              Last edited by vailr; 11-16-2014, 04:11 PM.

Comment

^
                                G1.Sniper 3 - F8n-mod

Modified with:

Intel RAID for SATA 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2126
                                Intel EFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2126
                                Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA 2158 to 2170
                                EFI GOPdriver Sandy 3.0.1023 to 3.0.1027
                                EFI GOPdriver Ivy 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
                                OROM Intel PXE 1.3.81 to 1.5.61
                                EFI Intel UNDI 5.3.00 to 6.4.13
                                Bigfoot PCIE Ethernet Controller 2.1.1.1 to 2.1.1.5
                                Marvell 88SE91xx/92xx Adapter 1.0.0.0034
                                CPU Microcode Sandy 29/Ivy 19 to Sandy 29/Ivy 1B
                                ME firmware 8.1.30.1350
                                Modified splash logo 2

Note:
                                ME 8.1.52.1496 (Firmware) flash yourself in Windows mode.
                                Hi stasio, with this beta bios I am having RPC Latency Spikes in the range of 6.5ms-20ms caused by the Intel Ethernet Adapter. After deactivating the Adapter in bios the lateceny Peaks were gone. Could you guess which of the changes causes this?

*edit*

I installed the non-modified 8n bios and am still having RPC latency spikes caused by the Intel LAN adapter. I will have to try to find out why.
                                Last edited by TheOne320; 11-14-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X