You sir, are awesome. :c)

Comment

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

You're most welcome.

Take care

Ghostearth.

Comment

hey :) ...is there a mod bios for the GA-890FXA-UD5 rev.2.0? GIGABYTE - Mainboard - Socket AM3 - Verkauf eingestellt (EOL) - GA-890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2.1)
        http://www.sysprofile.de/id33222

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
          Originally posted by Ghostearth View Post
          Sure :
          f21e mod2

Password :

*.*Zz0fJ4x.

Ghostearth.
          Much appreciated, thanks guys!

Comment

• Comment

What's up my friend? i hope you're in good form.

F21e is still in beta, you can use the modded one if you want, but for stability i will recommand the Final F20 modded Bios, until there is a new finalized one (maybe never or a big suprise).

Cheers

Ghostearth.
              Last edited by Ghostearth; 02-23-2015, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Hey, you guys running the F21e BIOS on your GA-x79-UD3, can any of you comment on Vt-d functionality, is it still there/working for passing graphics card to a VM? I've hesitated on upgrading from F14 for this reason, I've never found an answer, thanks!
                Last edited by Peakr; 02-23-2015, 03:59 PM.
                i7-3930K
                GA-x79-UD3
                Corsair H100
                4x2GB GSkill F3-12800CL6
                X-Fi Titanium HD
                EVGA GTX 970
                Pioneer BDR-207DBK
                Samsung 850 EVO
                3XWD2002FYPS
                Corsair TX850
                Dell U2412M

Comment

What's up my friend? i hope you're in good form.

F21e is still in beta, you can use the modded one if you want, but for stability i will recommand the Final F20 modded Bios, until there is a new finalized one (maybe never or a big suprise).

Cheers

Ghostearth.

All ok Thank!.

Ok i stay whit F20 modded the one you give me last years

Comment

K Bloody, i read somwhere you have modified the f20 modded bios and now i dont know if i have the allready modified bios or the old modified bios.

Than, i decide to try the new f21e modified by you.

!

Comment

Hi stasio,

Sorry for being disagree with this modded bios, i've already tested in the past the combo 4.1.0.1026 ROM modules with these related 4.1.0.1026 drivers and the driver is buggy, plus ROM 4.1.0.1026 is primarily designed for X99 chipset.

Intel(R) RST/RSTe Drivers (newest: v14.0.0.1081/v4.1.0.1046 WHQL) (Read Part C)
                      (Read Part 2)

For those using this board the best is to stick with 13.1.0.1026 ROM and 13.1.0.1058 driver.

I've Re-Modded the Bios with 3.8.0.1029 ROM (use the 3.8.1029 RSTe driver).
                      f21 mod2

For the rest follow stasio's instruction on previous post.

Ghostearth.

PS:

I've deleted F20 MOD BIOS on my mediafire account because of ROM 4.X Branches (post #4039)

And Re-upload them with all correct stable Firmware and stuff (Same as F21e), but thought that this F21e mod bios is still in beta (IMHO, i will not use this beta or beta modded bios on a production machine).

New F20 mod :

f20 mod sandy rev2
                      f20 mod Ivy rev2

Ok Ghost, i have just flashed whit your f21e moded bios and i see my MEI firmware allready on 8.1.51.1471. right?

Now i follow your instruction and i install --> 13.1.0.1026 ROM and 13.1.0.1058 driver.
                      $
                      right?

EDIT: Ok then, i use 13.1.0.1058 driver and not the latest one. Right?

For intel management engine interface can i use the latest one? 10.x.xxxxxx ?
                      Last edited by Mseirco; 02-24-2015, 08:21 AM.

Comment

1 -Latest MEI Firmware is 8.1.52.1496, you'll have to flash it yourself after flashing to f21e modded bios.

Intel ME Firmware v8.1.52.1496 (1.5MB)

2- Yes 13.1.0.1058 AHCI driver is the best for this board (performance and stability).

3-For the MEI driver, Uhm, of course you can install the latest Driver 10.0.30.1054, but the most suitable for the X79-UD3 is the 9.5.24.1790, and i always install only the driver directly via Device manager (manual have disk)
                        Intel MEI Drivers v9.5.24.1790 WHQL
                        Intel MEI Drivers v10.0.30.1054 WHQL

Ghostearth.

PS: Never install MEI Firmware 9.x Branches, it is not compatible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	meimei.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	754852
                        Last edited by Ghostearth; 02-24-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

1 -Latest MEI Firmware is 8.1.52.1496, you'll have to flash it yourself after flashing to f21e modded bios.

Intel ME Firmware v8.1.52.1496 (1.5MB)

2- Yes 13.1.0.1058 AHCI driver is the best for this board (performance and stability).

3-For the MEI driver, Uhm, of course you can install the latest Driver 10.0.30.1054, but the most suitable for the X79-UD3 is the 9.5.24.1790, and i always install only the driver directly via Device manager (manual have disk)
                          Intel MEI Drivers v9.5.24.1790 WHQL
                          Intel MEI Drivers v10.0.30.1054 WHQL

Ghostearth.

PS: Never install MEI Firmware 9.x Branches, it is not compatible.

[ATTACH]7588[/ATTACH]

Ok, than i just flash firmware mei and install Latest engine interface. Thank you grand chef.

O last question, what you think is better to use, Rst or rstE?

Comment

Both 3.x or 13.1 are Rst(e) driver the only difference is the 3.x is real entreprise edition with an additional SCSI filter driver. (apparently this is for analysing the usage of certain inquiry commands sent to SCSI devices).

I've tested both and like i said before 13.1 give me better performance on Windows 7 x64, i don't tested on 8, 8.1 or 10.

Rules.
                            Last edited by Ghostearth; 02-24-2015, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Use RST (v13.1.0.1058 WHQL is latest) when using AHCI, unless your device is in RAID mode then use RSTE (Enterprise).

When you select RAID mode in BIOS for the X79 it actually changes the SATA Controller card DEV's ID where the RSTE (Enterprise) will be needed.
                              Last edited by ZzBloopzZ; 02-24-2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Slight issue. I flashed to the modified F21E. Everything works great except when I shut down the computer, Windows will shut down including the display but the computer will still be on with running fan and lights. Even if I wait 5-8 minutes. I have to push the power button to fully shut down.

I have tried various things such as set BIOS to optimized defaults. Also, have latest MEI firmware v8.1.52.1496 and latest MEI v10.0.38.1036 drivers.

Everything else works great! May try flashing to modified F20 BIOS this weekend and see if that fixes anything.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X