X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot install Win 7 on GA-EX58-UD3R (v1.0) F6

Problem resolved 3 post below.

I installed Win 7 (RC) a couple of months ago and it ran ok. It did have a problem where when I booted the machine after it being shutdown overnight, Win 7 would run for a while, then the computer would BSOD and hard reset (total power recycle). After that reset, the computer would run without any problems. I couldn't detect a pattern on what caused it. Sometimes it would happen immediately, sometimes it would take a while. Certain games would reliably crash it. CPU, GPU temps seem OK. One crash I could handle. Must be a driver issue I thought. It'll get sorted out.

I have used no tweaking. Most everything in BIOS is set to Auto.

I upgraded to the F6 BIOS last month hoping to cure the BSOD. Instead, Win 7 would crash during the Starting Windows phase. I did some traveling and decided to deal with it when I got back. Windows 7 would be released at that point.

Win 7 comes out, I go buy a copy and decide to do a fresh install. That does not go well. The installation would get to the Starting Windows screen, flash of a BSOD, then system reset. After a while, the HD stops answering; hangs the BIOS. I think bummer, but that must have been the problem. Buy and install a new HD. That will probably fix it.

No joy. Same install problem.

I've tried stuff:

Starting in Safe Mode does not work. Resets lately when loading CLASSPNP.sys

The motherboard has SATA/AHCI settings which I have set to IDE mode(s) in an attempt to avoid new-ish driver issues.

I can't reset the BIOS to pre-F6 status. Jumpers nor battery disconnect work.

I've reset the BIOS many times and have "Load Optimized Defaults".

I've run the included Windows Memory Diagnostic. It reported no problems. In addition, I ran Memtest86+ (via UBCD) and it reports no problem.

Tried a different PSU.

I have installed and successfully updated Ubuntu 9.04 on this machine and left it running for a few hours with no problems. This implies that the hardware is OK, but no guarantee.

So here I am, looking for assistance.

Ideas?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model Name : GA-EX58-UD3R(rev. 1.0)
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.0
    BIOS Ver : F6
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : Nvidia Model : BFG GTX285(the water-cooled one)
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : Core i7 Speed : 2.66
    Operation System : Win 7 SP :
    Memory Brand : OCZ Type : OCZ3G1600LV6GK
    Memory Size : 3x2GB Speed : 1066; Manually set to 8-8-8, 1.66v
    Power Supply : 750 W
    Last edited by AxeMan; 10-29-2009, 02:13 PM. Reason: Got resolution!

Comment

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

When you install windows 7 do you use the advanced option and click on the format tab?
      http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
      http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
      Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
      Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
      Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
      4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
      (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
      (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
      (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
      Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
      Mid size ATX case with show through panel
      2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
      Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
      Logitech G500 USB mouse
      Monitor: CMV937A
      7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
      Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Originally posted by Rick99TAWS6 View Post
        Where can I find a SPDIF in/out bracket and header for a GA-MA785GM-US2H?

Thx

Rick

Ebay
        gigabyte cable, great deals on Motherboards on eBay!

That or a Australie dealer is the only place I have seen them. You can also call Gigabyte and order one as well if you like

Comment

Solved!

Power issue.

I have Antec 750W PSU and a Coolermaster Sniper chassis along with a water cooling setup. With everything connected ( inclulding the power hungry Nvidia GTX285), I guess I was drawing too much power. Disconnected a couple of big fans and all is good.

Hallelujah!!

Comment

Great to hear you got it solved!

Sorry I missed your post somehow with it being right there, I think I quoted the above user without reading further on first

Comment

I need help here before it drives me nuts.

ga-ma790x-ud4p

While the system is running, about once every 15 minutes, Two short beeps, High/Low... Whyyyyyyyyy?!

I've Googled, searched forums, manuals, everything, and just gave up on a 52-minute hold on Gigabyte's tech support line. Nothing anywhere that I could find on why it would do this. :(

Comment

I was hoping I could get some help, just yesterday I received a motherboard (the one in title) a amd phenom ii x2, and 2 gigs of ddr2 ram, and today I got my power supply in (550w).

I hooked it all up earlier tonight, I used my old emachines pc case and hooked everything up, the power supply didn't have an 8pin cpu connector but the 4pin should work, I plugged it in the only way it would go and hooked the front panel connectors in right (I think), and pushed the on button and nothing came on at all, not even the power supply fan or the cpu fan or anything, I even tried my old 20 pin/4 pin cpu power supply, it was a 300w but nothing turned on either :(

Comment

kevbaker16 With a new power supply and motherboard make sure the connectors & pins are fully seated. Get some added light on it.
                  hooked the front panel connectors in right (I think),
                  Check your manual white is negative on front case wires.
                  http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                  http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                  Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                  Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                  Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                  4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                  (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                  (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                  (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                  Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                  Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                  2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                  Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                  Logitech G500 USB mouse
                  Monitor: CMV937A
                  7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                  Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

I'm trying to install some more memory in my girlfriend's system, and apparently there is an issue with running 4 sticks of DDR2 1066. I am trying to configure the system to run the RAM at 800, but every time I try, it fails to boot at all, and I have to pull the CMOS battery (my fumble fingers having trouble getting a bit of wire to short the clear jumper). Could you give me the proper settings to get this working? (In 1066 or 800, just needs to run)

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66
                    MoBo: Gigabyte X38-DQ6
                    RAM: 4x Corsair CM2X1024-8500 C5D (2 bought this year, 2 last)

Comment

Do u do the timings manualy? or u put values? just set 2.40 and timings on auto.
                      GIGABYTE X48-DS4
                      Q9550 / CM Hyper 212
                      Corsair xms2 PC8500 4gb
                      Sapphire 5870
                      x-fi platinum
                      Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5 TB
                      Cooler Master silent pro M 700W
                      HAF 922

Comment

• 500 gb sata hardisk not accessable in xp set up

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hi All

i have upgraded my system with below details

Mother Board- GA-MA78GM-DS2H
                        and AMD Phenone II X2 (3.1GHZ 6MB cache)
                        2 Gb DDR2
                        500 GB segate SATA HDD

i have connected my SATA HDD to sata_0 port and i am using sony (IDE) DVD .
                        in BIOS SATA 500 GB is detecting. but during XP(32bit)set up it is says the hardidsk is not accessable.but thesre ia display of (500 GB is there as id 0,atapi...) but not available for partion selection in that place msg
                        is not accessable

i tried the same keeping as native ID/RAID/AH..
                        in all cases i got the sme message.

later surfing the net i downloaded driver from the gigabyte site i downloaded the drivers in the floppy and tried to access.i went up to the selection of the recommended file and then on next screen i got the selected driver file and then i got error messahe that it seems the hardisk is not configured in your system...etc.

i am cluless what to do ....?

can some body have experinecd similar problem help me out ....?

also let me know on the configuration so that i will get best within this .....

thanks

<!-- / message -->

Comment

• Re: Question re X38-DQ6 &amp; ACHI - drives not showing up

Unsure whether or not this is the right place to post this (but I'm sure I'll be told if it's not...)..

Have just grabbed one of these boards to use as the basis for a Windows Home Server machine, as it has an abundance of SATA ports.

I set up the Gigaports to ACHI and loaded the drivers during the install... no problem.

I now have it all up and running, but have had to set the other ports (the ICHxR ones) in the BIOS back to standard SATA mode, as when I had it on ACHI > Native mode... the drives wouldn't even show up in BIOS.

The drives are a couple of W/D 2Tb green drives, and are connected to the top two orange ports.

I have gone ahead and added them to the 500Gb on the purple port without a hitch, but assumed (rightly or wrongly) that ACHI would have been the better choice.

Hoping someone can assist.
                          Office Rig : Asrock Extreme 6, 4790k, H100, 4 x 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaw 2133's, EVGA GTX580 SC, Samsung XP941 512Gb M.2, Win8.1 Pro 64-bit, NZXT case with an Antec TPQ1000 psu
                          WHS : Norco 20-bay case, HX1000, Intel G620/Z68 UD4, 16Gb 1600 ram, Velo 600Gb running Win8.1 Pro, 2 x LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i with 8 x 3Tb Hitachis in Raid6 and a bunch or random drives.

Comment

• GA EX58-UD4P random Shutdown issue

Hello,

My configuration is:
                            GIGABYTE EX58-UD4P, Rev.1.0, F8 BIOS
                            Intel Core I7 i920
                            3 x 1 GB DDR3 RAM Kingston 1333MHz running af 1066MHz
                            Nvidia Geforce GTS 250, 1 GB RAM
                            Creative XFI Titanium PCI-E
                            Western Digital Caviar Black 640 GB
                            Chieftec 650W PSU

All is working fine in Windows 7, no conflics, no errors, clean install etc. But, randomly, the PC shuts down (just like someone pulls the plug out of the socket outlet), it remains like that for about 3 seconds and then fires up again, boots normaly and loads Windows. So it doesn't do a restart, or normal shutdown in Windows, it's like someone pulls the plug off.

The PC is powered by an UPS, the components are not overclocked and the CPU temperature is not bigger than 45C.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Comment

• Re: Question re X38-DQ6 &amp; ACHI - drives not showing up

Originally posted by fritzman View Post
                              I now have it all up and running, but have had to set the other ports (the ICHxR ones) in the BIOS back to standard SATA mode, as when I had it on ACHI > Native mode... the drives wouldn't even show up in BIOS.
                              It is not clear what the problem exactly is.
                              Where don't they show in BIOS?
                              Don't expect to see them in Standard CMOS Features as they are not operating as IDE channels, but you should see them detected by the chipset BIOS and in Hard Disk Boot Priority as SCSI drives.

Comment

Can someone from Gigabyte support or anyone that has access to the Gigabyte BIOS programmers please take a look at my thread at http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...-drives-35981/

I would really like to know if they could start enabling the CAP.SXS bit for the Intel HBA's so that we can use eSATA properly. It really shouldn't be hard to accomplish.
                                Best regards,
                                FlyingHorse

GA-EP45-UD3P Q9650 [email protected] BIOS: F10
                                G.Skill F2-8800CL5Q-8GBPI (2GBx4) DDR2-1100
                                EVGA 285GTX SSC Graphics + HP ZR24w + LG 32LH40
                                HighPoint 2640x4 4-Port SAS RAID Controller
                                Creative X-Fi ExtremeGamer Audio (PCI)
                                Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 2250 Dual Digital Tuners
                                2 WD 150GB Raptors RAID 0
                                1 2TB Caviar Black

3 1TB Caviar Blacks
                                2 WD 500GB, 2 640GB, and 2 1TB Caviars in Icy Dock Mobile Racks
                                LG GH22NS30 DVD Burner
                                Lite-On iHOS104-08 Blu-ray Reader
                                Corsair HX Series 1KW PSU
                                Cooler Master ATCS 840 Full Tower
                                Windows 8 Pro with Media Center

Comment

Working...
                                X