Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hello

I recently bought new PC containing a Gigabyte MA790GPT - UD3H motherboard, socket AM3 . Got it paired with a amd x3 720BE.

I got a problem with the onboard sound chip. I have a 5.1 sound system, i plugged everything right, in the test software, all 5 sound but in winamp, windows media player/ vlc / etc any audio/video program only playes 2 channels. Even games are 2 channel . Even if i set programs/games 5.1 i still hear 2 channels only. I tried all the combinations possible and i got the latyest Realtek drivers, downloaded from gigabyte and realtek.

Anyone have any clue why this happenes to me?

I tested the 5.1 system on another PC and it all went well, no probnlems with that. Its clearly from the audio driver, in my opinion. Anyone know of an old driver that worked good for this mobo.

I got win 7 64bit installed.

Comment

I don't know if this will help but here is a link that may help. Get high-definition sound and music from your computer
      http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
      http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
      Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
      Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
      Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
      4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
      (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
      (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
      (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
      Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
      Mid size ATX case with show through panel
      2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
      Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
      Logitech G500 USB mouse
      Monitor: CMV937A
      7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
      Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

I want to know something about a burning foxconn sockets on P55 chipset.
        i7-860(20x200)1.3v,Phanteks+3xTR TY-141, P55-UD6 F11d,G.Skill Trident PC 16000 9-9-9-27 1.6v 2x2 gb,Sapphire 7850 2gb OC, SSD Samsung 840pro 128gb,2x1TB WD BLUE 64MB SATA3 WD10EZEX,850W Seasonic M12 II Bronze SS-850AM, LG M2352D-PZ.

Comment

My system is:
          Gigabyte ep45-ud3r with the f11 bios
          q6600
          4x2gb sticks of G.Skill F2-6400CL4D
          WD 300gb Velociraptor along with 6 storage HDs
          a lite-on dvd burner
          XFX 5850
          Seasonic M12-700
          3 HD tv tuners
          Auzentech prelude

I'm out of ideas of what to do. My problem started when I recently installed an XFX 5850 video card. There is no video when it boots up from a power off position no matter what my settings are. It's the same whether it's a cold boot or if I've just changed something in the bios and exited. I know the pc itself will boot into windows even without a display signal since I can reset the pc from windows blindly. I only get video when I reset the computer and it doesn't boot from a power off position, but doing this leaves it in the fail-safe settings. I get the same no video problem if it comes out of S3 sleep and back into windows. Using my Kill-a-Watt meter I found out that the card doesn't seem to be getting any power when it's like this since the total system draw is ~30watts less than when I do have video. My total system draw doesn't go over 350 watts at even at full load.

I tried the 5850 in another system with a Asus p5k-deluxe and the card shows up fine. I put the 8800gt that I just replaced back in the ep45-ud3r and there are no problems even when oc'ed and the total system draw is higher than with the 5850.

The things I've tried:
          -booting with only one stick of ram and the card plugged in with everything else unplugged
          -putting the stick of ram in different slots
          -trying other brands of ram
          -using a different psu
          -reflashing to f4, f5, and the f9 bios

I've been stuck with my q6600 at 2.4ghz with the fail-safe cpu/ram settings for the last week so any help would be appreciated.

Comment

please, indicate the power of your PSU.
            GA-EP45-DS3L F11b
            [email protected] 8x400 Vcore 1.3125 57C full load stable
            Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX
            PC2-6400 4x4Gb PVS28G6400ELK 5-5-5-12
            4 x 1TB HD103UJ
            Inno3D 9800GTX+
            FSP EPSILON 900W
            Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS
            BENQ G2400W

Comment

Did you try to connect the monitor into second DVI connector?
              Did you set init display first into PEG ?
              GA-EP45-DS3L F11b
              [email protected] 8x400 Vcore 1.3125 57C full load stable
              Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX
              PC2-6400 4x4Gb PVS28G6400ELK 5-5-5-12
              4 x 1TB HD103UJ
              Inno3D 9800GTX+
              FSP EPSILON 900W
              Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS
              BENQ G2400W

Comment

Originally posted by mcu View Post
                Did you try to connect the monitor into second DVI connector?
                Did you set init display first into PEG ?
                The Seasonic PSU is 700 watts. I tried both dvi outs as well as the hdmi out with the initial display set to PEG and with it set to PCI.

Comment

i just recently put together a new system:
                  Gigabyte P55-UD4P
                  Intel i7 860 LGA1156
                  Sapphire Vapor-X 4890 1GB DDR5 870Mhz Core, 1100Mhz Memory
                  WD Black 1.0TB
                  4GB Geil Ultra DDR3 1333Mhz
                  Corsair HX620W Modular Power Supply
                  Antec Gaming Case with 5x Noctua Case fans
                  ASUS 20" 5ms HDMI LCD Monitor 1600x900
                  Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard EX110
                  Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit

Everything worked fine to begin with, but after a two days started getting blue screens with:
                  MEMORY_EXCEPTION
                  PAGED_DATA_IN_UNPAGED_AREA
                  SERVICE_EXCEPTION
                  After that windows refused to boot at all except in safe. A mate suggested its the RAM. Now, windows works PERFECT if i run the RAM Single Channel. But now any configuration of dual channel (1 & 3, 2 & 4 etc), computer will either just beep at me, refuse to boot, or blue screen at Vista splash screen. Is my mobo incompatible with this Geil RAM? Another suggestion a mate said was that maybe all slots need to b populated in order for dual channel to work properly. Would really appreciate some clarification on this issue.
                  Cheers
                  (p.s i know im n00bie to this forum but yeah someone HELP)

Comment

is your vista upto date?

i used to get that bsod but it went after sp1?

Comment

ah it cud b that. i havent done sp2 yet. installing now

Comment

see if there any other updates too, not just the high priority ones :)

Comment

Where can I find a SPDIF in/out bracket and header for a GA-MA785GM-US2H?

Thx

Rick

Comment

Ok i've updated my BIOS to latest, and done SP2. I have managed to boot into windows now with RAM configured in Dual Channel and it seems stable I still get some services failing (Spooler SubSystem has halted three times), but other than its working ok

Comment

OS: Win XP Pro sp2/ Vista Home Edit Sp1 (dual boot)
                              CPU: Intel core i5
                              RAM: Geil PC3-10660 1333MHz C9 VALUE DUAL CHANNEL (GV34GB1333C9DC)
                              Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R (1.0)
                              HDD: Western Digital WD3200AAKS (Caviar Blue series)
                              GFX: Gainward HD4850 512MB

I have probs with the setup of my new system this configuration is just 4hr old, just got the parts out of the shop (Mobo,CPU,RAM)...,the issue what is accruing is following.
                              After connecting the case power/reset cables with mobo, it end up in a re-boot loop (on/off cycle)
                              I can’t setup anything else because I was not even able to see the bios so far....., btw I am new to INTEL and Gigabyte....

Comment

UPDATE: It ended up being a compatibility issue between my B3 Q6600 and the board. The E8400 CPU has worked flawlessly with all settings the same. I recommend if you are having issue like below, try a different (newer) CPU.

A thread relevant to my interest atm... just came across this and am in need of suggestion.

Specs are in sig;

new build, I can boot into bios 1 time, load optimized, reboot and I get the never ending 1 second boot loop (on/off). I then have to clear cmos. I have NOT overclocked as of yet, but plan to. I found this thread of suggestions (http://forums.tweaktown.com/295784-post5.html) which I have yet to try, but will within the next several hours, and I hope it works.

I have tried 3 different speeds and models of ram and intend to use the RAM in my sig, and 2 different PSU's. The issue occurred also with F6 bios, I upgraded to latest F10f bios and now it appears as if I can no longer boot into BIOS at all - cleared or not.

What do I do if I can no longer boot into BIOS even after a CMOS clear? I am waiting the 20min - 8 hours with jumper on to perform CMOS clear.

Also are there any particular settings relevant to the RAM in my sig that I should know about for this board?

fyi, all components other than the board had been running overclocked and fine for a good deal of time prior to installation of the Gigabyte board.

I am indebted for your support, thank you!
                                Last edited by SuM-One; 10-27-2009, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X