***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

Hard to beat a Noctua NH-D14 for an air cooler.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Yeah but I do not want dual fan solution...
      edit: H100 looks cool but is about twice the price I am willing to pay :(
      Last edited by Octopuss; 08-03-2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Holy Mother of the GODS!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	worship.gif
Views:	2
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	752209

I flashed F9q, made sure I set it to RAID, did my memory configs, saved and exited.

She went to windows and I shut her down. I pulled the wired keyboard and inserted the Logitech K350 Wireless keyboard into a USB 2.0 case port on the front of my box and booted.

The Logitech K350 Wireless keyboard does not have caps or num-lock lights that would indicate when she connects so I just held the delete key and SHE WENT INTO BIOS!

It gets better, my wireless Logitech MX Revolution mouse moves around the BIOS very nicely!

Last and by far not the least, I have a dated external dual bay Guardian box connected via eSATA. Until today when doing a cold boot it would stick at one of two places, the Megatrends Logo or after that at a blinking cursor on a blank screen. This would happen every time and only a reset button would cure it.

Not any more! I need a Happy Happy, Joy Joy Ren and Stimpy .gif.
        Last edited by 2therock; 08-04-2012, 10:32 AM. Reason: grammar
        Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Motherboard
        Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770K clocked @ 4.5GHz
        16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 2133 RAM
        Water cooling by XSPC RASA RS240 Kit
        Sapphire HD 6850 1GB DDR5 GPU
        1TB - RAID1 setup with Western Digital 6GB/Sec Drives
        Corsair HX750W Professional PSU
        Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601

Comment

I have the GA-Z77X-UD5H board... intel i7-3770k processor... I am on the F7 BIOS... have a USB microsoft wired keyboard and USB microsoft wired mouse... getting into BIOS and moving around via keyboard or mouse is no problem at all...

BUT, I have tried on several occasions to copy my current/main BIOS to the backup bios, and have had no luck... I've tried Alt+F12, and Alt+F10 several times right after the POST beep, and I can never get to the bios backup screen, it just continues to boot to Windows...

I want to copy the main/current bios to my backup bios, because in case something ever happens, the current backup bios version (5 or 6) does not even support my intel processor, so bios version F7 is needed at a minimum for support... so that's why I need to get the backup bios to version F7....

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it!

Comment

^Use BIOS switch.

Comment

Originally posted by 06MonteSS View Post
              I have the GA-Z77X-UD5H board... intel i7-3770k processor... I am on the F7 BIOS... have a USB microsoft wired keyboard and USB microsoft wired mouse... getting into BIOS and moving around via keyboard or mouse is no problem at all...

BUT, I have tried on several occasions to copy my current/main BIOS to the backup bios, and have had no luck... I've tried Alt+F12, and Alt+F10 several times right after the POST beep, and I can never get to the bios backup screen, it just continues to boot to Windows...

I want to copy the main/current bios to my backup bios, because in case something ever happens, the current backup bios version (5 or 6) does not even support my intel processor, so bios version F7 is needed at a minimum for support... so that's why I need to get the backup bios to version F7....

Any ideas???

Do you have any other usb keyboards you can try? If not make sure you are holding the ALT key while you turn the system on and then spam the F10 key until you hear the beep and keep spamming the key for a few seconds after. You can stop spamming the F10 key but while still holding the ALT key the boot screen should remain on the screen. At this time release the ALT key and the boot screen should go away and then prompt you to update backup bios.

I think what Stasio means is once in bios flip bios switch then flash and it should flash the backup bios. I would wait for him to confirm this as I have not tried this my self.

Does your board not boot at all with the current bios that is on the backup bios with your cpu? I do not remember what bios my UD3h had but I know for sure it booted my 3770k I bought to go with it.
              Last edited by Acebmxer; 08-04-2012, 12:51 AM.
              Main Rig
              Gigabyte z87x-OC
              Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
              G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
              Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
              Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
              HiS ATI HD 6950
              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
              Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
              Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
              Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
              CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
              Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
              EK Supremacy Cpu Block
              Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
              Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Yupp,
                just flip BIOS switch and flash Backup BIOS,with any you like.
                BIOS switch had advantage compare to ALT+F10.

I've tried Alt+F12, and Alt+F10 several times right after the POST beep
                Btw,you should do before POST beep.
                Last edited by stasio; 08-04-2012, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
                  I think what Stasio means is once in bios flip bios switch then flash and it should flash the backup bios.
                  I can confirm that this works, it's the same method I was forced to use a month ago when my first UD3H starting hanging after POST on the primary BIOS.

Enter Backup BIOS
                  Launch QFlash
                  Flip BIOS switch to the Primary BIOS
                  Load and Flash any BIOS from your USB FLASH drive
                  QFlash will Flash the Primary BIOS

Comment

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
                    Do you have any other usb keyboards you can try? If not make sure you are holding the ALT key while you turn the system on and then spam the F10 key until you hear the beep and keep spamming the key for a few seconds after. You can stop spamming the F10 key but while still holding the ALT key the boot screen should remain on the screen. At this time release the ALT key and the boot screen should go away and then prompt you to update backup bios.

I think what Stasio means is once in bios flip bios switch then flash and it should flash the backup bios. I would wait for him to confirm this as I have not tried this my self.

Does your board not boot at all with the current bios that is on the backup bios with your cpu? I do not remember what bios my UD3h had but I know for sure it booted my 3770k I bought to go with it.
                    no, no other keyboard... the only other spare keyboards I have, are PS2, which of course this UD5H board doesn't support...

and the backup bios is f5 - which was the same as the main bios when I first got the board.. and that f5 bios version does not support my i7 3770k processor, which is why I needed to update to bios f6 initially when I built the system, so it would have support for my processor.. then I updated to F7 bios because of bug fixes....

so yeah, now I need/want to update the backup bios to F7 so everything is up to date and supported should the need arise where I have to use the backup bios....

Comment

So,with Backup BIOS F5 and 3770K,when you flip the switch you even can't went in Backup BIOS ?

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                        So,with Backup BIOS F5 and 3770K,when you flip the switch you even can't went in Backup BIOS ?
                        dunno, never tried...

I would guess that I could, since I was able to get into the main bios originally (when it was on F5) when I first got the board/processor and was able to update the bios at that point...

so, I think if I turn off the PC... flip the switch... then when it's booting up, I press END to get into qflash.. put my usb stick in, and then I should be able to update the backup bios from there...

then power down... flip the switch back to main bios, then start up and boot up as normal... and then both bios's would be on F7 and good to go....

Comment

^
                          Edit:
                          I always run with different (but latest) BIOS's.
                          Last edited by stasio; 08-04-2012, 02:41 AM.

Comment

@2therock, glad to see it's working for you.
                            I switched to my backup bios on my newest rig (was still F4) and flashed F9q. Makes no sense to me but I was able to get my vcore a little lower than with F8. :shrug: Anyway F9q seems to be working well for me, I might flash it on my other rig and see how it goes. Looks like Gigabyte has about got it right.
                            Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
                            Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
                            PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                            Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
                            Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
                            HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
                            SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Originally posted by 06MonteSS View Post
                              The issues are with wireless. I have not read any complaints for wired.

Any ideas???
                              Yes, I have similar issues with my flash drive not being seen in BIOS when plugged into anything other than a USB3.0 port. My flash drive has a light on it and is a good tester to see which ports acknowledge the fastest.
                              You have not said if you have tried all the ports so if you have not try it on all the board ports?

Good Luck
                              Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Motherboard
                              Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770K clocked @ 4.5GHz
                              16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 2133 RAM
                              Water cooling by XSPC RASA RS240 Kit
                              Sapphire HD 6850 1GB DDR5 GPU
                              1TB - RAID1 setup with Western Digital 6GB/Sec Drives
                              Corsair HX750W Professional PSU
                              Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601

Comment

Originally posted by 2therock View Post
                                The issues are with wireless. I have not read any complaints for wired.

Yes, I have similar issues with my flash drive not being seen in BIOS when plugged into anything other than a USB3.0 port. My flash drive has a light on it and is a good tester to see which ports acknowledge the fastest.
                                You have not said if you have tried all the ports so if you have not try it on all the board ports?

Good Luck
                                the issue is not with my flash drive... my flash drive works just fine... I'm talking about being able to flash the backup BIOS...

Comment

Working...
                                X