***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

right click on the time in the lower right corner of you screen, and then click on adjust date/time in the pop up window. Make sure this is set up properly and have windows update with an internet clock automatically.

Comment

+1 Don't know that it means "while off" But its worth a shot

Comment

Originally posted by barkeater View Post
        right click on the time in the lower right corner of you screen, and then click on adjust date/time in the pop up window. Make sure this is set up properly and have windows update with an internet clock automatically.
        just checked to make sure and yes its setup properly.

by "while off" i mean shut down from start menu

isnt the system time in bios screen suppose to be counting? cause its not its just still, seconds/minutes/hours not moving unless i manually change it.

update 6/23:
        still not working. no clue whether its the battery, board, ssd, or windows issue. jumper setting maybe? tried bios update from f8 to f9c, uninstalled intel rapid storage tech, disabled system from sleeping/hibernating.

time still goes out off sync in windows if left idle for a while, like its still going into sleep mode or something. its also out of sync when system is booted up; example if i shut down pc for 5 minute it will be out of sync by 5 minutes, if i shut down for 24 hours it will be out of sync by 24 hours ect..

Click image for larger version

Name:	120623215307.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	752149

Solved. reset bios by removing battery.
        Last edited by br0ther; 06-24-2012, 01:02 AM. Reason: added pic of screen in question

Comment

Well...........

I have been here and on the Lockups and freezes thread for the UD5H posting things like :Not on mine, its fine, no problems here........ should have kept my mouth shut.

Like a tsunami I have recently been plagued with issues to the point my board is in a box labeled with a RMA# and UPS label.

And yes, I formatted, optimized defaults, this BIOS, that BIOS, BCLK experiments, battery pulls, you name it.
          • Random Rebooting
          • Cold start freezes at the Megatrends Logo
          • Cold start hangs at a blank screen with blinking cursor after the Megatrends logo screen.
          • The machine refuses to stay in sleep mode. It keeps waking and not returning to sleep leaving my displays on. I have tried it with and without password prompts at wake up.
          • Recurring Auto Play windows popping up as if I just inserted a removable drive, when it has been connected all the while.
          • Will not cold start with my eSATA external HDD box. It has its own power supply, worked flawless with my EP35-USDR & EP45-UDP3.
          • The the last straw was a blue screen at a boot after a windows update.
          • Event viewer shows repeated controller failures on random DR Controller (Drive Removable) ports, which ever I have a removable drive inserted into at the time.
          • There is more but I'm worn out on it.

I see lots of posts with folks suggesting to try other USB ports. This is unacceptable! All the ports should work equally well for MY MONEY!

I was reading of all the issues for weeks thinking how lucky I was and have no idea what I did differently to bring on my wave of issues. But I'm in the club now.
          Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Motherboard
          Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770K clocked @ 4.5GHz
          16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 2133 RAM
          Water cooling by XSPC RASA RS240 Kit
          Sapphire HD 6850 1GB DDR5 GPU
          1TB - RAID1 setup with Western Digital 6GB/Sec Drives
          Corsair HX750W Professional PSU
          Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601

Comment

Beta BIOS F9d for UD5H not doing much for me, guess it's more for the Sandy Bridge cpu's. Had to bump up my offset voltage which raised temps. Probably go back to F8.

Looks like my profile specs not working again. I'll try and save it again and see if it takes. pita.
            Last edited by boondocks; 06-24-2012, 04:07 AM.
            Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
            Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
            PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
            Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
            Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
            HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
            SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Anyone having experience lagging badly on windows 7 64 bit while transfering files? I'm using new system on GA-Z77X-D3H.
              Fresh install on drive 1 (WD Black 1TB, part 1 of 3), updated to the latest version of any drivers. BIOS F11.
              While copying my backup files (Seagate 1TB part 1,2,3), suddenly my computer running in slow motion! It takes 2-3 minutes just to open my browser.
              Using backup HDD (WD Blue 320GB) to test transfering files to/from Seagate (so the system HDD can do everthing else) still got no improvement.
              I've checked my new HDD, RAM, VGA, everything seem fine. In fact everthing is fine as long as I'm not transfering files in large amount (10s 1GB files or 100s 100MB files).
              My best guess this problem related to SATA controller or something.
              Please give me some advises, cause I've done everything for 2 weeks (by software & hardware) that I've known with zero result.

Comment

What is "Part 1,2,3"? Anyway, did you just fire the new system up?
                Is your hard drive still initializing in the back ground?
                What does Task manager show running in the applications or processes list?
                Hit the performance tab and see what those meters/graphs show.

Comment

Originally posted by 2therock View Post
                  What is "Part 1,2,3"? Anyway, did you just fire the new system up?
                  Is your hard drive still initializing in the back ground?
                  What does Task manager show running in the applications or processes list?
                  Hit the performance tab and see what those meters/graphs show.
                  Partition 1,2,3. Up n running for 2 weeks now.
                  Initializing? All my HDD works well in transfering files (50-100 MB/s).
                  Performace shows 10% max of CPU and 4-6 GB max of Physical Memory.

Comment

List the sata port names that each hard drive is connected to, for example WD 1TB - sata2_0, Seagate - sata2_1, etc.
                    Are any of your hard drives rated for 6Gb/sec?
                    Are all disk partitions formatted by win7?
                    If not, any partitions that are not 4K-aligned might be up to 20% slower.
                    You can start AS_SSD to confirm if each partition is 4K-aligned, where it will show "OK" in the upper left portion of the window.
                    You don't have run the benchmark when you only want to check the partition alignment.

Before starting your browser, run Task Manager and click on Resource monitor.
                    Select the CPU tab, and then click on Average Cpu so that the process list display order will be from highest to lowest.
                    Start your browser and watch the average cpu column for the processes that have the highest average cpu usage.
                    You can press ALT and Print Screen to capture the Resource Monitor screen-shot.
                    Open your image editing program and paste the saved screen-shot and then save the screen-shot as a JPG or PNG image.
                    You can post the saved screen-shot in a post if you want us to look at the values.

Sample AS_SSD WD640 screen-shot:

Name:	as-ssd-bench WDC WD6401AALS-0 12.5.[2011 2011-12-05 3-21-54 AM].png
Views:	3
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	752152

FWIW, I think that this benchmark was run using win2K, before I added an ssd boot disk and installed win7.
                    Check out http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post383199, post #44 for my benchmark results for 3 different WD Caviar Black hard drives under win7 where the 750GB and 1TB hard drives were not 4K-aligned.
                    Last edited by profJim; 06-25-2012, 11:28 AM. Reason: additional info
                    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

WD Black 1TB - Sata 3_0, Seagate 1TB - Sata 3_1, WD Blue - Sata 2_2.
                      WD Black is Sata III (6 Gb/s), other are SATA II (3 Gb/s).
                      Partition 1 on WB Black is formatted by Win7, while partition 2&3 by Easus Partition Master 9.1.1 Home Edition.
                      The other drives I'm not sure, they are old drive. I forgot when last time I format them.
                      AS_SSD came up with OK for partition 1 WD Black, the other two partitions looks realy bad, I think. Seagate & WD Blue looks bas as well.. jeezzz.
                      Is that the problem for causing lag? Should I re-format all?
                      I've atached screenshot for resource monitor in next post (limited 1 ss/post).

Name:	WB Black#2.jpg
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	752157
                      Last edited by Trekkerz; 06-26-2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Here it is profJim, I hope you find out what makes me dizzy
                        FYI, I'm using Total Commander for transfering files.
                        Thanks in advance.

Name:	Res-Mon.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	752156
                        Last edited by Trekkerz; 06-26-2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Are all of the disk partitions using the NTFS file system?
                          A screen-shot using Disk Management will show the partition information for your drives.
                          Start --> Administrative Tools --> Computer Managent --> Storage --> Disk Management

If any partitions are NOT using NTFS format, this is probably part of the problem.

The AS SSD red Bad comment for any partition means that it is not 4K-aligned.
                          This should account for about 20% lower hdd performance, but shouldn't cause your system to lag.

You can avoid running the WD alignment tool if you delete a partition and then use win7 to create and format a new partition.
                          You must backup the complete partition before you you delete it!!!

Go to WD Support / Downloads to download their free partition alignment tool (PAT).
                          With a WD hard drive installed in your system, the PAT software might work on your non-WD drive.
                          Note from the WD web page:
                          Critical: Although this program is designed to retain all data on any affected AFD, the program may be Data Destructive if interrupted while operating, which could result in the loss of all data on the affected AFDs. Please make sure to back up all data on attached AFDs prior to running this application.
                          Perform the following tests after you have posted the screen shot:
                          1. start Resource Monitor to track average cpu usage while testing and make the window taller by dragging the other headers toward the bottom of the screen. Watch the cpu usage for any abnormally high values for each test.
                          2. copy some large files from one partition folder to a new folder on the same hard drive, note how long the copy operation takes to complete.
                          3. repeat step #2 for the other hard drive.
                          4. repeat step #2 by copying from one hard drive partition to a partition on the other hard drive.
                          5. repeat steps #2 through #4 and open your browser shortly after starting the copy operation.

Clear as mud?
                          Any questions?

sample Disk Management screen-shot:

Name:	sample Disk Management screen-shot showing disk partition information.png
Views:	2
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	752158
                          Last edited by profJim; 06-26-2012, 02:26 PM. Reason: added sample Disk Management screen-shot
                          Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                          P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                          4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                          MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                          Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                          WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                          Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                          SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                          Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                          Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                          Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                          MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                          Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                          HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                          CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                          E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                          Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                          Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                          HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

you could use paragon alignment tool to 4k align any drives that arnt aligned properly,
                            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ugh! I would just save off my important data and format and start again. But that's me and my tolerance level.

Comment

Plain as day profJim. In fact that's what I'm doing for 2 weeks, although without Resource Monitor.. LOL.
                                All partitions are NTFS.
                                I agree that this unallignment thing wouldn't cause system lag. I've been using that HD (Seagate 1TB) for 2 years without any problem on my old system (GA-P55-UD3L + Core i3 + win7 64bit).
                                It must be something else cause that. I'll do re-format all of HD by win7 anyway, this weekend I hope. In the meantime, I'll do something simpler but risky, re-flash F11 BIOS with F12g

Comment

Working...
                                X