***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

Strangely enough I'm having the same problem. I recently moved a UD5H to my Switch 810 and now I'm noticing the USB 3.0 front ports don't work. After uninstalling the USB 3.0 drivers I could plug a stick into the front ports and at least get an error message. When the drivers are reinstalled, I get......nothing. None of the 3 USB 3.0/2.0 headers are giving me anything.
    I have pulled the battery and reflashed F14 BIOS but no go.
    Not sure what else I can do....I'm using the Intel 1.0.8.251 drivers....maybe try some different drivers tomorrow and see what happens.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Originally posted by boondocks View Post
      Strangely enough I'm having the same problem. I recently moved a UD5H to my Switch 810 and now I'm noticing the USB 3.0 front ports don't work. After uninstalling the USB 3.0 drivers I could plug a stick into the front ports and at least get an error message. When the drivers are reinstalled, I get......nothing. None of the 3 USB 3.0/2.0 headers are giving me anything.
      I have pulled the battery and reflashed F14 BIOS but no go.
      Not sure what else I can do....I'm using the Intel 1.0.8.251 drivers....maybe try some different drivers tomorrow and see what happens.
      Fixed......cable problem.
      PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
      Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30

Comment

What would I need to buy to be able to utilize the USB internal headers in this board, so that I can add additional USB ports?

The z87x-ud3h only has 6 usb3 ports at the back, and allows adding usb3/2 using the internal header. I have around 5 usb 2.0 devices: for camera, keyboard, mouse, cellphone, xbox360 controller, and 4 usb3 external drives.

Worse case, I can just plug the 5 usb2 devices into 5 usb3 ports (sort of wasting usb3 functionality), and use the last usb3 port for external usb3 drives. Since I'd prefer at least 2 ports for usb3 drives though, I'd still need at least 1 more usb3 port (better if at least 2). What would I need? I believe there are brackets with ports that I can just plug into the internal usb3 header? Where can I get them? What do you advise? Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by sherpa25; 07-20-2013, 01:12 AM.
        Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H-CF (BIOS: F10)
        Intel i5-4670k (@4.2)
        GSkill (2x8GB) @1600mhz 9-9-9-24 1.50v (F3-1600C9D-16GXM)
        CM 212X CPU Cooler
        MSI GTX970 4GB
        Plextor PX-128M5P 128Gb SSD (Win7-x64)
        Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 2TB HDD
        WDC WD5000AAKX 500GB HDD
        Lite-On iHES112 BD-ROM
        LG Flatron IPS234V
        XFX 650W CE

Cougar Volant Case
        Logitech DFGT/G27

Comment

Originally posted by sherpa25 View Post
          What would I need to buy to be able to utilize the USB internal headers in this board, so that I can add additional USB ports?

The z87x-ud3h only has 6 usb3 ports at the back, and allows adding usb3/2 using the internal header. I have around 5 usb 2.0 devices: for camera, keyboard, mouse, cellphone, xbox360 controller, and 4 usb3 external drives.

Worse case, I can just plug the 5 usb2 devices into 5 usb3 ports (sort of wasting usb3 functionality), and use the last usb3 port for external usb3 drives. Since I'd prefer at least 2 ports for usb3 drives though, I'd still need at least 1 more usb3 port (better if at least 2). What would I need? I believe there are brackets with ports that I can just plug into the internal usb3 header? Where can I get them? What do you advise? Thanks in advance for the help.

You could get something like this....I think Gigabyte sells them as accessories. The UD5H boards came with one.
          SYBA CL-HUB20113 Controller, Panel - Newegg.com

Comment

Thanks. Will try to look for a variant for 5.25" bay.
            Last edited by sherpa25; 07-20-2013, 07:05 AM.
            Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H-CF (BIOS: F10)
            Intel i5-4670k (@4.2)
            GSkill (2x8GB) @1600mhz 9-9-9-24 1.50v (F3-1600C9D-16GXM)
            CM 212X CPU Cooler
            MSI GTX970 4GB
            Plextor PX-128M5P 128Gb SSD (Win7-x64)
            Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 2TB HDD
            WDC WD5000AAKX 500GB HDD
            Lite-On iHES112 BD-ROM
            LG Flatron IPS234V
            XFX 650W CE

Cougar Volant Case
            Logitech DFGT/G27

Comment

****USB Question*****

I have my mouse and my keyboard both connected to the 2.0 ports on the backplate. In device manager, both are routed like this :::USB controller - USB root hub - Generic Hub with single TT - Generic Hub with Multiple TTS - Generic hub with single TT - composite device etc..

The first generic hub with a single TT has 3 usb composite devices listed on the advanced page
              The second hub with multi TTs has no devices listed
              the third hub with a single TT has 2 usb composite devices listed

I know that the single TT hubs are bottlenecks, on other mobos I have had I was able to plug into different ports until my input devices were either on separate hubs with single or multiple TT's, or directly connected to the root hub, or at least they were both on one hub with multiple TTs. I have never had a mobo that routed the input devices thru 3 generic hubs and a root hub like this. And the hub with multi TTs is sandwiched between two hubs with single TTs. My DPC latency idles around 10, but jumps to 1000 when I move the mouse.

I have tried all the usb ports and the connection to the controller is always the same. I admit my knowledge of translation translators is very limited. I know that single TT hubs are cheaper, and they are bottlenecks, and I know that on other mobos I have owned that some of the usb ports would be routed thru just the USB root hub, or possibly the USB root hub and ONE generic hub with Multi TTs. And when I connected my input devices to those ports, I didnt get DPC spikes when I moved the mouse, the dpc latency didnt change at all in fact it was steady at about 7-10.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I see that new revision 1.2 is out for both D3H and UD3H. Do you have any idea what they changed from rev. 1.1? Why a new revision for an old chipset?
                Last edited by frankbel; 09-21-2013, 01:46 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

It's right there in the specs. Just open each revision in an individual tab and compare.
                  I don't personally understand why the heck did they bother with new revision for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Octopuss View Post
                    It's right there in the specs. Just open each revision in an individual tab and compare.
                    I don't personally understand why the heck did they bother with new revision for this.
                    I checked the differences, they are just in the written text. The real difference I have spotted it is from Z77X-D3H rev.1.0 to rev. 1.1 where they went from
                    1. 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector

to
                    1. 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector

The remainder looks the same for me.

Comment

I was checking the UD3H only, and the only difference I noticed was Lucid-something related to graphic cards. This is 1.1 to 1.2.

Comment

Hi , I have Z77X-D3H with 18f bios, but I have problem with UEFI booting. I would like to flash main bios from backup.

1 - How to flash backup bios to main bios ?
                        2 - is there any possibility how to switch which bios shoud be used as primary ?

Thanks !

Comment

Why I can not get my computer to work 44x100MHz options ...
                          43x100MHz can run and give valid result in 3DMark11

43x100MHz settings:
                          Core voltage 1.28
                          Phase PWM control: high perf ..
                          Vcore voltage response: fast
                          Vcore LLC Extreme
                          VTT: 1.060V
                          PLL 1800
                          IMC voltage: 0.930V

Is there something wrong with these settings? What should be done
                          that I might have set the multiplier higher and higher ...?
                          I test 44x100 1.28v-1.35v and still fail. OCCT run default settings, temperature raises 85c and
                          then comes error... Why this cpu is so ****ing **** quality? Or is it me who are stupid... i quess so :)

3DMark11 Physics test did not go through with a 44x multiplier ...

i7-3770k | GA-Z77X-UD3H WIFI | MSI GTX680 Lightning | 16GB 1600MHz |
                          128SSD | 2000GB HDD | MAD CATZ STRIKE 7 & R.A.T 9 | 2x Asus MX239H | Win 8.1 pro (media center)
                          Last edited by Harri Rintala; 12-07-2013, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vasko View Post
                            Hi , I have Z77X-D3H with 18f bios, but I have problem with UEFI booting. I would like to flash main bios from backup.

1 - How to flash backup bios to main bios ?
                            2 - is there any possibility how to switch which bios shoud be used as primary ?

Thanks !
                            Hi,

1. Shut your PC down (if you're reading this guide, than your PC isn't working anyways)
                            2. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again
                            3. Press/hold the power button again, your backup BIOS should kick in now and should re-flash the main BIOS if there's anything wrong with it.

There is a switch to choose from which BIOS you want to boot.
                            The switch location will be indicated in your user manual.

In case your UEFI booting problems look like in the link below...you will also find the solution.

Hope it helps

Please post you specs next time...it will help us to help you. Thanks
                            Last edited by Teddybehr; 12-12-2013, 09:43 PM.
                            Board: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 BIOS: 20e modded CPU: Intel i5-3570k Memory: Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4X4GB @1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1T
                            GPU: EVGA GTX 980 FTW SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 256 GB (Addonics 4x card interface) , Intel 730 240 GB, Samsung EVO 840 240 GB X2,
                            16 TB iSCSI 2XRAID0 2XRAID1 (Hitachi HDD, LUN) QNAP TS-469L PSU: Seasonic X-1250 KB:Log. G110 Mouse: Log. G502
                            OSes: Win 8.1 x64 UEFI/Win 7 x64 UEFI Dual Boot VM: K Linux, OSX Leopard, Win 10, Win XP, HP Integrity (rem), Whonix Other: HP Proliant server
                            Other interface: Pangolin QM2000.NET Lasers controller

Comment

Originally posted by arclyte View Post
                              ****USB Question*****

I have my mouse and my keyboard both connected to the 2.0 ports on the backplate. In device manager, both are routed like this :::USB controller - USB root hub - Generic Hub with single TT - Generic Hub with Multiple TTS - Generic hub with single TT - composite device etc..

The first generic hub with a single TT has 3 usb composite devices listed on the advanced page
                              The second hub with multi TTs has no devices listed
                              the third hub with a single TT has 2 usb composite devices listed

I know that the single TT hubs are bottlenecks, on other mobos I have had I was able to plug into different ports until my input devices were either on separate hubs with single or multiple TT's, or directly connected to the root hub, or at least they were both on one hub with multiple TTs. I have never had a mobo that routed the input devices thru 3 generic hubs and a root hub like this. And the hub with multi TTs is sandwiched between two hubs with single TTs. My DPC latency idles around 10, but jumps to 1000 when I move the mouse.

I have tried all the usb ports and the connection to the controller is always the same. I admit my knowledge of translation translators is very limited. I know that single TT hubs are cheaper, and they are bottlenecks, and I know that on other mobos I have owned that some of the usb ports would be routed thru just the USB root hub, or possibly the USB root hub and ONE generic hub with Multi TTs. And when I connected my input devices to those ports, I didnt get DPC spikes when I moved the mouse, the dpc latency didnt change at all in fact it was steady at about 7-10.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you use DPC latency checker with Win 8 (or 8.1) it is likely to give you wrong numbers.
                              Use the latest firmware/drivers.
                              Not sure will be able to help with Transaction Translators but will try.

Please post your specs. It will help us to help you. Thanks
                              Board: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 BIOS: 20e modded CPU: Intel i5-3570k Memory: Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4X4GB @1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1T
                              GPU: EVGA GTX 980 FTW SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 256 GB (Addonics 4x card interface) , Intel 730 240 GB, Samsung EVO 840 240 GB X2,
                              16 TB iSCSI 2XRAID0 2XRAID1 (Hitachi HDD, LUN) QNAP TS-469L PSU: Seasonic X-1250 KB:Log. G110 Mouse: Log. G502
                              OSes: Win 8.1 x64 UEFI/Win 7 x64 UEFI Dual Boot VM: K Linux, OSX Leopard, Win 10, Win XP, HP Integrity (rem), Whonix Other: HP Proliant server
                              Other interface: Pangolin QM2000.NET Lasers controller

Comment

It sure is...I ordered a used one on eBay about 6 months ago, the previous owner bent a pin. She was very striking. poor thing never saw it coming...

Originally posted by profJim View Post
                                Tech question: is the Z77X-UD3H a UD5H wannabe?

this is my backdoor way of subscribing to the thread

Comment

Working...
                                X