***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

do someone else have back panel usb issue?

i had to recover my os startup due to a bad driver installation (newest RST 1207 which seem to hang everybody's OS at startup logo) but right after entering the recovery console both keyboard and mouse turned off
    i had to use a front panel connection to be able to use them and recover my system.

could it be the bios (i'm running F11 atm), a known issue, or just a faulty board?

i have the z77x-ud3h
    Thermaltake Chaser MK-I Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel Core i5-3570k Corsair Vengeance Blue Low Profile 1600MHz 8GB SSD Crucial M4 128GB Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 600W 80plus

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      1000 points more than my 7850,i very nearly bought a vtx 7970 x edition few weeks back,thing that puts me off is the higher power draw,you should be able to really oc that card
      The stock clock was 850, I bumped it to 900. That's as far as I've gone so far.

Originally posted by 2therock View Post
      All The Credit for this goes to a board member here that took me under his wing every step of the way. I will not post his name to prevent a flood of requests but want everyone to know this is not from my personal experience.
      It did not happen over night, lots experimentation and running IBT and Prime95.

This is on my RMA returned UD5H that is running like a fine tuned watch.

http://bit.ly/M3CgWQ

The end of the Prime Run Screen Shot
      Very good. I can't get vcore that low on either one of my 3770K's. Is that with the Kingston dram? Can you set Profile 1 for it?
      Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
      Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
      PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
      Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
      Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
      HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
      SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Originally posted by boondocks View Post

Very good. I can't get vcore that low on either one of my 3770K's. Is that with the Kingston dram? Can you set Profile 1 for it?
        Yes its the Kingston 2133 Genesis and when I do the XMP it loads them fine, the same 2133 volts and timings Kingston recommends. It shows 2 profiles, an 1866 and a 2133, forget which is which, 1 or 2 but I decided to disable XMP and enter the 2133 manually.
        Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Motherboard
        Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770K clocked @ 4.5GHz
        16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 2133 RAM
        Water cooling by XSPC RASA RS240 Kit
        Sapphire HD 6850 1GB DDR5 GPU
        1TB - RAID1 setup with Western Digital 6GB/Sec Drives
        Corsair HX750W Professional PSU
        Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601

Comment

• Comment

I don't know about the difference in clocking the UD3H & the UD5H but that DVID looks kind of high. My UD5H 4.5 clock is 0.045. Are you getting WHEA warnings or errors in event viewer?
            What clock are you trying to run?

I posted my clock screen shots earlier of my config be it a diff mobo than yours maybe you can get some ideas or see anything to help you?

Perhaps some one would chime in on how different the worlds are on clocking between the two boards?

I use the XSPC RASA RS240 water cooling kit now discontinued. They now have a new line called the RayStorm vs. the RASA. You may still be able to find the RASA on the shelf somewhere.

I did tons of research on a cooling kit and what I got is to stay away from the all-in-one units that have no reservoir and the hoses are permanently attached. Kits like the XSPC are upgradable or expandable. The Corsair H100 type kits are what you see is what you get but do suffice for some folks. You can spend some real cash and assemble a custom kit from parts if you like.

Make darned sure your case is made for it. I had to modify mine and forced to do a pull configuration. Don't get me wrong, it is doing fantastic, I just could not go with a taller case for where it has to sit.

My temps at the end of a 20 hour Prime Run.

Comment

if you use a level higher llc,then it lets you use less dvid voltage

@boon you should be able to max ccc oc sliders on stock voltage,im at 1050 core 1375memory
              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• negative DVID, not positive. According to CPU-Z, vcore is already at 1.116V (not sure what the real value is, probably give or take 0.015V)

Comment

llc stops the vdroop (cpu voltage dropping when at 100% load) causing instability,if your on the highest llc setting then it doesnt matter

you simply need more dvid/cpu voltage, temps are high anyway on ib,either settle for lower oc or spend on some watercooling

you can still use a lower level llc and more dvid (less negative volts) if your undervolting,
                  Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                  Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

• Comment

you need a far better cooler imo,something like the phanteks PH-TC14PE or a sealed watercooled unit like the h100 but makesure your case is big enough,

what thermal paste did you use? good quality one like mx4 helps
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

I use AS5. Guess I underestimated IB after all, but people swore by this cooler and I believed them. Bah!
                        I'd get Thermalright HR-02 Macho, but I don't like how unflat its base is :(

Comment

Originally posted by Octopuss View Post
                          negative DVID, not positive. According to CPU-Z, vcore is already at 1.116V (not sure what the real value is, probably give or take 0.015V)

Oh.... Some of us find it very handy to use a few things in steps along the way. Prime95 for me is the last of the tests after getting by the first clocking steps where there are sure to be adjustments needed. To make a tweak and run Prime95 for several hours and then tweak again to wait another several hours..... every time I make an adjustment..... is painful.

May I suggest:

Familiarize yourself with Windows Event viewer in, Settings/Control panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer. Go there and select the top of the list "Event Viewer (Local) so it will show you a window similar to the screen shot below. Then expand the categories especially the Critical, Errors, and Warnings and see what you have. Now don't freak out on every issue, because there will be non-critical stuff there, just key in on WHEA's. If you have none have a beer and celebrate. But with those temps and that DVID, I dunno. I am a novice just trying to share.
                          What my mentor pointed out to me is if we have WHEA warnings in the list we still have tweaking to do before we can claim to have a stable build. My guess is you have them.

Do your first BIOS clocking and run Intel Burn Test on high and see if it passes. It does not run as long as Prime95 but if you have major or obvious corrections needed you will get a failure message. You can then make adjustments and run it again, all the while going back to Event Viewer in between to see if WHEA's are still being generated.

I always have a RealTemps window running and CPUID so I can monitor things.

After I get Intel Burn Test to run with success and no or very few WHEA's, I then run Prime95.

Click image for larger version

Name:	xxxx.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	752205
                          Last edited by 2therock; 08-02-2012, 01:03 PM. Reason: Forgot Something

Comment

I am familiar with EvenLog, but I still don't understand what WHEA is, lol.
                            I don't have any special errors in the log anyway.

And btw, IBT is not good enough, or rather not as good as Prime95. I had it pass 50 loops without problems and Prime still crashed after a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Octopuss View Post
                              And btw, IBT is not good enough, or rather not as good as Prime95. I had it pass 50 loops without problems and Prime still crashed after a few hours.
                              Neither are if you are not running the most recent version. I would suggest LinX over IBT as it is updated more often. But both can be updated your self by looking for the newest Linkpack Libraries from Intel.

Also you want to make sure you have SP1 installed for Win7 to make use of AVX. Which will stress the cpu more then with out.

50 loops of LinX or IBT is way to may times, only max of 20 should be done at MAX memory.
                              Main Rig
                              Gigabyte z87x-OC
                              Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                              G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                              Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                              Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                              HiS ATI HD 6950
                              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                              Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                              Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                              Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                              CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                              Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                              EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                              Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                              Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Well, memory stability is not the problem for me anyway. SP1 is pretty obvious to have these days I guess.

I just need better heatsink, that's it. I could fry an egg here!

Comment

Working...
                                X