This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

BIOS modders, would you please use the newer revised 11.6 OROM from Fernando at WinRAID to enable trim in RAID0 for ICH10R as the previous one is buggy. Other versions are also available.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ack View Post
    Originally posted by ack View Post
    Could somebody update GA-EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.0/1.1 BIOS?. I would try a new brand SDD with the best & latest trim & RAID support available.

Thanks in advance!
    I quote my request up, just in case it passed unperceibed.

Sorry for the inconveniences this may cause.

Comment

Originally posted by messerchmidt View Post
      I am going to try the firmware tool tomorrow.

I run windows 7 x64. With the usb card in and the moded bios, I do not even get to boot up. The board hangs with a "64" on the internal screen instead of going to boot up with the "A0" on the said screen screen.
      latest frimware according to station drivers (Station-Drivers - Renesas/Nec going to try it once i finish reformatting and reloading windows.

edit1:Apparently the bios was at 2.0.2.0, updated to 2.0.2.4 from station drivers, and will try now.

edit2: Did the update, no dice with the f8e mod2...back to stock
      Last edited by messerchmidt; 01-27-2014, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Any news/rumors about F9 official bios for Z87X-UD4H?

Comment

Has anyone tested the fastboot functionality on their x79 mobo?
          My x79-ud3 loses the irst raid disk(sata6Gb/s) and sata non member disk(sata 3Gb/s) at reboot.
          At cold boot the disks may show up. The Marvell connected drives do work and I boot from one.

My bios is currently the modded F17
          F18 had OC issues and all kinds of weirdness.
          Also since moving to F17 bios modded or non modded I lost the capability to choose which GPU to initialize

Comment

I modified a Bios myself. It works well so far.

GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 - U1b - mod

Modified with :

ME Firmware 8.0.0.1351 to 8.1.51.1471

With help of MMTool Aptio 4.50.0.23:
            Intel Legacy RAID ROM 11.1.0.1413 to 13.1.0.2030
            Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2030
            Realtek PCIe GBE Controller 2.50 to 2.59
            Realtek EFI UNDI 2.015 to 2.024
            Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS 2158 to 2170
            Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
            Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1023 to 3.0.1027
            CPU MicroCode Pack (with Sandy 6A728 and Ivy 6A919)

With help of UEFITool 0.17.0:
            x1x4Switch module rollback to U1a
            Optimized DSDT for Windows & OSX
            Last edited by shiecldk; 01-30-2014, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Just a quick question what would flashing with, GA-Z87X-UD5H BIOS F8e mod2 BIOS give me over GigaByte's latest official BIOS please??
              | GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5H | INTEL i7-4770K @ 4.7Ghz |
              | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1600MHz | MSI HD7950 3GB XFIRE |
              | 64GB SAMSUNG 830 SSD | 256GB CRUCIAL M4 SSD | WD 3TB GREEN |
              | CORSAIR 650D CASE | YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 LED |.

Comment

Hi, can you offer an EX58-EXTREME '13u' with modified ROMs including new Intel's, JMicron and intel's new microcode pack. I am looking forward to the new stability, support, features and/or performance of the twelve series. It is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Prance

Comment

Originally posted by BlockABoots View Post
                  Just a quick question what would flashing with, GA-Z87X-UD5H BIOS F8e mod2 BIOS give me over GigaByte's latest official BIOS please??
                  The mods are listed along with the download link. Only you can say if it's useful for you.....I've been using it since available and it's been fine for me.
                  The F8e does allow to set the bus speed to 100.00 by setting to "manual" instead of manually inputting something like 100.01 like with F7.

Flash it. If you don't like it, flash another one or throw the switch to the backup.
                  Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
                  Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
                  PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                  Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
                  Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
                  HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
                  SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

• Re: Gigabyte Modified bios

VirtualFred, there is a new oprom firmware update for marvell 91xx sata 3 controllers. It sounds like it's version 2.x.x.x.

here is the station-driver listing for the marvell controllers. (the newest driver/firmware combo is dated jan 30,2013)

Station-Drivers - Marvell (Sata)

Comment

Originally posted by MacG32
                      GA-X79-UP4 X01 BIOS MMod

Modified with:

Intel RAID for SATA 13.1.0.2030
                      Intel UEFI SataDriver 13.1.0.2030
                      Intel RSTe RAID for SATA 3.8.0.1029
                      Intel RSTe EFI SataDriver 3.8.0.1029
                      Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter 1.0.1.0025
                      Intel Boot Agent GE 1.5.48
                      Intel (6E0) CPU Microcode 008
                      Intel (6E2) CPU Microcode 20D
                      Intel (6E3) CPU Microcode 308
                      Intel (6E4) CPU Microcode 416
                      Intel (6E6) CPU Microcode 600
                      Intel (6D5) CPU Microcode 513
                      Intel (6D6) CPU Microcode 619
                      Intel (6D7) CPU Microcode 710
                      ME Firmware 8.1.51.1471
                      virtualfred's Modified Splash Logo

This is a specially released LN2 BIOS from Gigabyte, but functions perfectly normal for daily use as well.
                      Any chance you would know if this can POST settings:
                      * FSB multiplier x1,25
                      * CPU multiplier x12-x31
                      * Turbo can be disabled and of course any features from page can be disabled. [No matter what I try'd atm I cannot POST this at any BIOS or setting disabled at BIOS available including official(F4-F5)/beta(F5-F6a)/mod(F6a)]
                      * vCore: NORMAL, offset +0.265v(should boot at absolutely any + offset at these speeds only something like 4,6Ghz might need offset +0,250v or something similar)

?
                      Last edited by genetix; 02-03-2014, 05:25 AM.
                      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Comment

• Re: Gigabyte Modified bios

Originally posted by wheeljack12 View Post
                        VirtualFred, there is a new oprom firmware update for marvell 91xx sata 3 controllers. It sounds like it's version 2.x.x.x.

here is the station-driver listing for the marvell controllers. (the newest driver/firmware combo is dated jan 30,2013)

Station-Drivers - Marvell (Sata)
                        the package name as got 91xx ..but firmware/bios is 92xx ....so I gather its not compatable for 91xx ? just the driver only ?
                        A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Originally posted by genetix View Post
                          * FSB multiplier x1,25
                          * CPU multiplier x12-x31
                          * Turbo can be disabled and of course any features from page can be disabled. [No matter what I try'd atm I cannot POST this at any BIOS or setting disabled at BIOS available including official(F4-F5)/beta(F5-F6a)/mod(F6a)]
                          * vCore: NORMAL, offset +0.265v(should boot at absolutely any + offset at these speeds only something like 4,6Ghz might need offset +0,250v or something similar)

?
                          Since each computer runs differently, you may want to troubleshoot your other BIOS settings a bit, your memory, and check for all of the latest drivers. There was something wrong with one of the 12.* version ROMs for SATA, so this may also stabilize your system a bit more. I experience a Turbo Boost Bug and have a Workaround for it. This may also be a problem for you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by genetix View Post
                            * FSB multiplier x1,25
                            * CPU multiplier x12-x31

?
                            Originally posted by MacG32 View Post
                            Since each computer runs differently, you may want to troubleshoot your other BIOS settings a bit, your memory, and check for all of the latest drivers. There was something wrong with one of the 12.* version ROMs for SATA, so this may also stabilize your system a bit more. I experience a Turbo Boost Bug and have a Workaround for it. This may also be a problem for you as well.
                            Going to try the method, however, even with Turbo disabled can't POST. As for your suggestions: 1866Mhz CL8 Memory was 1333Mhz with 1.75v, cannot be driver issue because system can't POST, will mod the Intel 12.x.x.x storage driver sets off to older ones and try something else, but I doubt storage is an issue (tested by disabling all kind of storages at BIOS) seems setting everything with 'forced vcore voltage' will work, but mentioned scenario with intel VID + offset style voltage just cannot POST. I really mean I can't POST this no matter what, heh.

Back in a bit with result of re-enabling turbo and putting everything to even 30 (which should result 3,75Ghz).

-result-

Steps 1-by-1.
                            -vCore tested with +0.500v offset & Auto
                            * Disabled every last option you can disable at Gigabyte BIOS (USB 2/3 ports, storage systems "Marvell,intel", "tested twice with High presicion event timer on/off", all CPU features "excluding turbo, K OC, tested twice LCPLL/SBPLL" and added the x30 to CPU and turbo) -> Result no way to POST
                            * Switched old ROMs from F4 BIOS to storages -> Result no way to POST

Assumptions (user errors):
                            * vCore NORMAL reads Intel CPU VID voltage uses it to POST, the offset + voltage will not take action at all on POST, so, vCore voltage simply can't do it (however, this assumption is negative because at x12 multiplier no Turbo enabled CPU should boot even at 0.8v).
                            * Going to need some magic from someone who understand what voltages are actually aplied at Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 when it POSTs at abive settings.

@MacG32

If you could simply check can you actually get this through POST would really appreciate it. The old X58, LGA1155 and so on I recall using close to 1.4v IMC voltages to even consider to POST this kinda scenario, but back in those days the so called Uncore speeds were 3,8Ghz max, if I read this correct at x1.25 at x79 board it's 4000Mhz, so, I wonder what kind of IMC voltages am I looking now probably way more than old boards with this multi to stabilize the POST for starters, if it ever even stabilizes by IMC voltages.

I don't think this has anything to do with "what specific patch core I am using" or "if this board just doesn't wanna do it" just to be honest with you. New Intel specifications of above voltage maximums are 1,4v for VTT/IMC and 1.3v at PCH which is what scares the living jesus out of me when I have to try way higher voltages just to POST, if it even POSTs.
                            Last edited by genetix; 02-03-2014, 03:21 PM. Reason: giving result of testing, Fixed errorous voltage specs
                            "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Comment

Hi everyone and congrats for the awesome community support!

Could someobe please modify a F11a BIOS for the Z68X UD7 motherboard?

Comment

Hello,

i am looking for a way to mod my uefi/bios. I own a Sniper M5 and an F2A88XN-wifi. The problem is the Samsung Green Memory. I cant go any higher than 1600 mhz. There is a wall. Is there a way to get these great sticks to work (can run at 2400 on my old Asus mobo)?

Comment

Working...
                                X