Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
    Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
    PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
    Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
    Screen Benq XL2420T 24
    Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

Comment

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Hey snout ....should have a new bios soon ....bios team working some bugs out ....yay
      A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Cool= Going to be 'Z' ? Loool that's some bioses we have had matey
        G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
        CPU Intel x3960
        Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
        Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
        Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
        Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
        Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
        Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
        PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
        Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
        Screen Benq XL2420T 24
        Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
          Hey snout ....should have a new bios soon ....bios team working some bugs out ....yay
          Hope,....you will post here.....

Comment

Hi ppl, what a great forum here

someone who could pleeease patch/mod me the latest beta bios for GA-EP35-DS4 rev 2.1 with the newest Intel Serial ATA AHCI, Intel RAID for SATA, Jmicron and Realtek LAN ROM ?
            The web is full of P35 BIOS mods but EP35 ones are very rare to find.
            Currently using F6a. You'd make me really happy Thankx.

Comment

Originally posted by ack View Post
              Could somebody update GA-EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.0/1.1 latest beta BIOS?. I would try a new brand SDD with the best & latest trim & RAID support available.

Thanks in advance!
              I quote my request up, just in case it passed unperceibed.

Sorry for the inconveniences this may cause.

Comment

Someone please who could put the latest JMicron, Intel, Realtek ROMs into the F7d BIOS for the GA-EP35-DS4 rev2.1 ?

Here is the link to the original beta BIOS:

Comment

having a random issue with the GA-Z87X-UD5H BIOS F8e mod2 that I do not have with the stock F8d bios.

with this bios my board wont boot with my usb3 card installed (a Vantec usb3 pcie that has 20 pin internal header that I need to ensure that all my front usb ports work - Vantec ? Product). I have tried the card in all the pcie slots with the molex power connected and not connected, no dice. If I pull the card it boots. Otherwise it wont boot and error code" 64" shows on the internal lcd on the board.

Other than that I have a 4770k, 16gb gskill, and a geforce 560ti in this sytsem along with a pioneer dvd-rw and intel 240gb ssd.

Ideas?!?

Comment

@messerchmidt: This web page lists the various Renesas/NEC USB 3.0 firmwares & drivers:
                    Station-Drivers - Renesas/Nec
                    The firmware update utility can show what the current firmware is, and can update to the latest version if not already present.

Comment

Originally posted by messerchmidt View Post
                      having a random issue with the GA-Z87X-UD5H BIOS F8e mod2 that I do not have with the stock F8d bios.

with this bios my board wont boot with my usb3 card installed (a Vantec usb3 pcie that has 20 pin internal header that I need to ensure that all my front usb ports work - Vantec ? Product). I have tried the card in all the pcie slots with the molex power connected and not connected, no dice. If I pull the card it boots. Otherwise it wont boot and error code" 64" shows on the internal lcd on the board.

Other than that I have a 4770k, 16gb gskill, and a geforce 560ti in this sytsem along with a pioneer dvd-rw and intel 240gb ssd.

Ideas?!?
                      Are you running Windows 8/8.1? If so there is a WIN8 USB patch. GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - FAQ
                      Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
                      Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
                      PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                      Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
                      Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
                      HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
                      SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Originally posted by vailr View Post
                        @messerchmidt: This web page lists the various Renesas/NEC USB 3.0 firmwares & drivers:
                        Station-Drivers - Renesas/Nec
                        The firmware update utility can show what the current firmware is, and can update to the latest version if not already present.
                        I don't think there is a firmware update available for the Renesas uPD720210 hub.....at least I can't find one. If you DO find one, please post up.
                        Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
                        Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
                        PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                        Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
                        Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
                        HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
                        SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

I am going to try the firmware tool tomorrow.

I run windows 7 x64. With the usb card in and the moded bios, I do not even get to boot up. The board hangs with a "64" on the internal screen instead of going to boot up with the "A0" on the said screen screen.

Comment

Hey Guys,
                            I've recently started having different usage from what I've usually had on my rig with the gigabyte X79-UP4. What's new is that I'm running Virtual Machines a lot. It's usually only a couple installed and one at a time, possible two at one time but so far I can't remember running more than one.

Are there any BIOS modifications that would be especially helpful for the running of virtual machines. VirtualFred have you ever done any research on this? I was just curious more than anything if any of the BIOS gurus knew any special tricks.

Oh one more thing, does overclocking an i7 CPU show any real world performance advantages over the stock CPU clock speeds for the virtual machine guest OS. Currently using VMWare Workstation 10 but have access to most of the main stream VM software if anyone has experience with something they like better.

I do know about enabling the VT or VT/d settings in the BIOS when running VMs on my i7-3820

My system specs are X79-UP4 board with 32 GB of GSKill Ripjaws X RAM
                            NVidia MSI GTX 660 Ti OC/PE
                            Kingston Hyper X 256 GB SSD
                            Corsair H50 closed liquid cooling system (push/pull fan swap)
                            Intel i7-3820

Comment

@CharliesTheMan:

LGA 1150 Haswell Motherboard with proper VT-d support - AnandTech Forums

Comment

Awesome, thx! And one for Mint, my fav. Time to try this out one mo time.

Linux Mint Forums • View topic - HOW-TO make dual-boot obsolete using XEN VGA passthrough
                                i7-3930K
                                GA-x79-UD3
                                Corsair H100
                                4x2GB GSkill F3-12800CL6
                                X-Fi Titanium HD
                                EVGA GTX 970
                                Pioneer BDR-207DBK
                                Samsung 850 EVO
                                3XWD2002FYPS
                                Corsair TX850
                                Dell U2412M

Comment