This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

No complaints for g1assassin2 f12y, ps2 driver just minor bug that don't really harm anything, ive plugged in a ps2 keyboard and shoved to one side, problem solved, I expect it will be gone in official release.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

• Dropping VCore with IVB-E BIOS on X79 boards

Hey folks,

I have seen people here and in the Beta BIOS thread claiming that their CPU VCore has started dropping with the new IVB-E BIOSses, making their systems unstable.

I am very convinced that these are just FALSE sensor readings under load. So I made a test series with a high precision multimeter connected directly to one of the VCore chokes on the underside of my X79-UD5.

Results see here:

My system got unstable too, but part of the story was that Spread Spectrum Clocking has to be set away from AUTO. In my case 0.1% does the job.

Check it out and let me know. The X79 boards are all very closely related, so I don'T believe it'll be much different on the UD3/UP4/UP5/UD7/Assassin.
      Last edited by Amurtigress; 11-24-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by killkernel View Post
        Thanks a lot Virtualfred! You were faster than light...

I'll flash it and i'll just make all tests with new Ivy Bridge CPU micro-code.
        Hi KK,

could you please report back and let me know how that latest F12c mod2 is going for you?

I am looking to move on from the last official non-beta (F11, over a year old) as I have seen a variety of issues (can't use RAM XMP profile, sporadic reboots during POST, spontaneous shutdowns) and I am hoping to get more stability out of more current firmware & drivers. Also, does this revision have the Secure Boot option?

Thanks,
        Haylee

Comment

Originally posted by Haylee View Post
          Hi KK,

could you please report back and let me know how that latest F12c mod2 is going for you?

I am looking to move on from the last official non-beta (F11, over a year old) as I have seen a variety of issues (can't use RAM XMP profile, sporadic reboots during POST, spontaneous shutdowns) and I am hoping to get more stability out of more current firmware & drivers. Also, does this revision have the Secure Boot option?

Thanks,
          Haylee
          Hello Haylee! I have not released the feedback because I am finishing my tests, but I can safely venture that for my needs oriented to have the best BIOS for OC, F12c Mod2 will become my definitive BIOS.
          In this version there isn't the secure boot, but if you need this feature, you can use the F12j Mod6 that include secure boot and is complete of all updates.
          The difference between the F12c Mod2 and F12j Mod6 is that the F12c Mod2 allows me to have the same results achieved with F12j Mod6 but with a bit lower voltages and temperatures.

Last but not least, both versions are stable.

Hope this will help your choice.

Cheers,

KK

Comment

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
            No complaints for g1assassin2 f12y, ps2 driver just minor bug that don't really harm anything, ive plugged in a ps2 keyboard and shoved to one side, problem solved, I expect it will be gone in official release.
            Hey Boe - can you try something out for me please - possible bug.
            I try to disable driver enforcement through the advance tools etc - do the restart then get the option to disable. (i think its 7 / f7)
            Problem is it just stops / freezes when hitting the option to disable. Never used too on win 8.1 on previous bioses

cheers bro if you can.
            G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
            CPU Intel x3960
            Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
            Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
            Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
            Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
            Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
            Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
            PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
            Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
            Screen Benq XL2420T 24
            Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

Comment

Yep, your right, doesn't do anything, and locks up all the other options, I think it might be secure boot protecting driver enforcement. Makes sense I suppose.

Comment

Yep, your right, doesn't do anything, and locks up all the other options, I think it might be secure boot protecting driver enforcement. Makes sense I suppose.
                Thanks matey - i will have a look and try disabling secure boot to see if that does the trick.
                CPU Intel x3960
                Screen Benq XL2420T 24

Comment

Originally posted by snout View Post
                  Thanks matey - i will have a look and try disabling secure boot to see if that does the trick.
                  I just realized, my keyboard doesn't work at all, its all the options not just driver enforcement lol, you have to disable fastboot to get the keyboard working.

Comment

I just realized, my keyboard doesn't work at all, its all the options not just driver enforcement lol, you have to disable fastboot to get the keyboard working.
                    Yes same here no options available at all ! Looks like this was overlooked somewhere along the way if its linked to fastboot, Or its not been documented very well to inform the end users.
                    CPU Intel x3960
                    Screen Benq XL2420T 24

Comment

Originally posted by boondocks View Post
                      Just wanted to say that this bios (F8c) did not work out for me...I had a hard time booting with it installed. So I thank virtualfred for his work, but I went back to the F8a mod bios which is working fine for me.
                      YMMV.
                      Was there something wrong with GA-Z87X-UD5H - F8b?

And: did anyone else confirm that there's actually a problem with F8c?

Comment

Just wanted to say: GA-Z77-UD5H Mod9 BIOS runs great! No Problems whatsoever.

Comment

Virtual can you please mod the new x79 ud3 f17g beta bios?

Comment

Hey virtualfred, can you do your magic on this BIOS, GA-X79-UP4 - F5e, please? Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

GA-X79-UP4 BIOS F5e mod

Modified with :

Intel RAID for SATA 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
                              Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
                              Intel RSTe RAID for SATA 3.7.0.1049 to 3.8.0.1029
                              Intel RSTe EFI/SCU SataDriver 3.7.0.1049 to 3.8.0.1029
                              Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter 1.0.1.0025
                              Intel Boot Agent GE 1.3.95 to 1.5.48
                              Intel GigabitLanX64 5.1.00 to 6.0.24
                              CPU Microcode Pack (with 6D710 and 6E416)
                              ME firmware 8.1.51.1471
                              Modified splash logo 2
                              It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
                              Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
                              2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
                              2nd rig : Z77X-UD3H BIOS F20e mod - Core i5 3470 @4.0GHz - Noctua NH-D14 -
                              Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
                              Crucial M4 128GB - 2x WD10EALX RAID1 - Dell 2408WFP - Logitech Illuminated & G5
                              - Bose Companion 20 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits Legacy
                              HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
                              Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12
                              Gigabyte Modified BIOS & About ME firmware

Comment

Originally posted by p4spooky View Post
                                Please report back in a week. Meanwhile you can do a repair install of Win 7 to load the default RAID driver after you set the SATA mode in Bios to RAID. Once the repair install completes, your system should boot normally in RAID mode. You should then update to the latest RST driver.

Reporting back as promised. I'm pleased to say that I've been running the BIOS for just over a week and have had no issues. Win7 now goes into sleep mode and will wake up again without freezing or crashing!

Regarding RAID/AHCI settings, my system will still not boot into RAID even with a repair install. Not sure why, but it's no issue as I don't use RAID. Also I did some research on the RST drivers and found a really useful website which goes into details on these:-

Fernando's Win-RAID Forum

They have a moddified RST install(v11.2.0.1006), which I've installed as the official Intel packages refuse to install.
                                Many thanks for your help with this much appreciated .. cheers Tony.

Comment

Working...
                                X