X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by snout View Post
    My boot bug is back again. No idea why this happens. Turn PC on boots straight into bios every time. Cleared cmos again and powered down / off with cable out for an hour. Reset defaults - raid - uefi - fast boot - XMP Profile 1 - Enhanced Memory performance - secure boot standard. PC runs great but if i turn it off for a very short while then turn on again its straight into bios again. I have even flashed it again twice through @bios prior to above reset. Nothing seems broken , and all runs fine - just damn annoying first boot.
    Other settings:
    Gen 3 option checked.
    K-OC Disabled
    Windows 8 checked.
    FYI I have also tried standard settings on memory and auto settings instead of gen 3, normal boot etc. Still does it.
    Tempted to do another clean install of windows.
    It happen to me either (kind of)

(First Be sure that there is no USB Pen driver on USB ports after you flashed your BIOS)
    Clear CMOS with power off, PS switch off...cord off.
    Check Boot priority order...you should have a UEFI:Samsung ...at first position
    Check SSD/HDD Boot priority order and be sure that your booting SSD is first again
    Save Settings

If it's still not working ...try to put your boot drive at.... "hot plug" "Enable"

If that doesn't do it....clear CMOS...reboot....check sdd priority..re-reboot....try repair your UEFI boot loader with Bootrec.

Good luck
    Last edited by Teddybehr; 11-04-2013, 11:20 PM.
    Board: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 BIOS: 20e modded CPU: Intel i5-3570k Memory: Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4X4GB @1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1T
    GPU: EVGA GTX 980 FTW SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 256 GB (Addonics 4x card interface) , Intel 730 240 GB, Samsung EVO 840 240 GB X2,
    16 TB iSCSI 2XRAID0 2XRAID1 (Hitachi HDD, LUN) QNAP TS-469L PSU: Seasonic X-1250 KB:Log. G110 Mouse: Log. G502
    OSes: Win 8.1 x64 UEFI/Win 7 x64 UEFI Dual Boot VM: K Linux, OSX Leopard, Win 10, Win XP, HP Integrity (rem), Whonix Other: HP Proliant server
    Other interface: Pangolin QM2000.NET Lasers controller

Comment

Hello someone requested some time ago a bios flashed with latest mods, rom updates for ICH and jmicron etc. for mainboard GA X58 UD4P. And you uploaded it on dropbox but the link no longer works,

BIOS version was f14p.

and here's a link to the original:

Is it possibe to re-upload it?

Thank you in any case!

Comment

Snout, I think I found the reason for booting straight into bios, I set the ultrafastboot option yesterday, didn't see a difference because when csm is off ultraboot seems to enable by default anyway, so its a hardware config issue, I think the ultra fastboot option should be greyed out in certain configs, anyway, this morning my pc booted straight to bios, I seem to have stopped it by disabling ps2 option, time will tell, if not the ultrafastboot either need to be fixed or just don't use it when csm is off.(g1assasin2 F12w)
        A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Originally posted by MacG32 View Post
          Thanks again. Works like a charm, except the Turbo Boost. I just change the CPU multiplier from 32 to 38, all the core multipliers to 38, enable Turbo Boost, and it works that way. If the CPU multiplier is set to 32, then Turbo Boost only goes to 32. Better to have a stable BIOS with a workaround than no stable BIOS at all.
          I've made a thread of my Turbo Boost Workaround, just in case anyone needed it.
          Last edited by MacG32; 11-05-2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
            Snout, I think I found the reason for booting straight into bios, I set the ultrafastboot option yesterday, didn't see a difference because when csm is off ultraboot seems to enable by default anyway, so its a hardware config issue, I think the ultra fastboot option should be greyed out in certain configs, anyway, this morning my pc booted straight to bios, I seem to have stopped it by disabling ps2 option, time will tell, if not the ultrafastboot either need to be fixed or just don't use it when csm is off.(g1assasin2 F12w)
            OK Thx buddy - going to have a look again now. Strange thing though. This morning when i got home it booted into Windows as normal, then this afternoon it booted into Bios again. My first boot option is the intel volume 0 (Raid) fyi.
            LOL You know what this is so random ! Just done 4 reboots on trot and straight in windows everytime, But i know ive not fixed or changed anything so its playing with my mind right now, im sure its looking at me.
            Last edited by snout; 11-05-2013, 10:27 AM.
            G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
            CPU Intel x3960
            Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
            Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
            Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
            Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
            Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
            Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
            PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
            Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
            Screen Benq XL2420T 24
            Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

Comment

Well it just happened to me again, the only things that got changed was fastboot from disabled to ultrafast, and fresco logic usb drivers, ive completely disabled fastboot again, shut off the pc for 5 mins, seems to be booting normally again, if it starts again then I will uninstall the fresco logic drivers, it can only be one or the other, system was fine until I messed with those.(g1assasin2 f12w)

Comment

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
                Well it just happened to me again, the only things that got changed was fastboot from disabled to ultrafast, and fresco logic usb drivers, ive completely disabled fastboot again, shut off the pc for 5 mins, seems to be booting normally again, if it starts again then I will uninstall the fresco logic drivers, it can only be one or the other, system was fine until I messed with those.(g1assasin2 f12w)
                In a way im glad its happening to someone else now. thought i had done something wrong. at the moment i have fastboot on, so when im next into bios - which will not be long lol - i will disabled it and go from there.
                CPU Intel x3960
                Screen Benq XL2420T 24

Comment

Are you using the generic windows usb3 or fresco logic? ive noticed the fresco logic are just plain rubbish, causing a long beep at startup on my system, ive uninstalled and just using the Microsoft certified windows 8.1 generic drivers that come with 8.1, there no need to update those kind of drivers, now Ive had a go, never again. Im reflashing f12w clearing cmos, and putting my system back to before I played with fastboot and those horrible fresco drivers. Snout can you do me a favour?, are you on win8.1 or 8?, well could you try the Microsoft keyboard filter in services to see if it will start, I know its nothing to do with bios, its just that I think my system is loosing files.
                  Last edited by boe323; 11-05-2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by splatterize View Post
                    Hello someone requested some time ago a bios flashed with latest mods, rom updates for ICH and jmicron etc. for mainboard GA X58 UD4P. And you uploaded it on dropbox but the link no longer works,

BIOS version was f14p.

and here's a link to the original:

Is it possibe to re-upload it?

Thank you in any case!
                    Link Fixed:

PS
                    It's for the GA-EX58-UD4P NOT a GA-X58-UD4P (which doesn't even exist).
                    I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
                    If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

I know it's a typo, but thanks :)

Comment

Originally posted by NoJuan999 View Post
                        Link Fixed:

PS
                        Thanks NoJuan999, added to OP.
                        It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
                        Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
                        2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
                        2nd rig : Z77X-UD3H BIOS F20e mod - Core i5 3470 @4.0GHz - Noctua NH-D14 -
                        Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
                        Crucial M4 128GB - 2x WD10EALX RAID1 - Dell 2408WFP - Logitech Illuminated & G5
                        - Bose Companion 20 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits Legacy
                        HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
                        Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12
                        Gigabyte Modified BIOS & About ME firmware

Comment

Plz can u guys make modded bios for GA-Z87M-D3H
                          Thx.

I try to mod this bios with Ozmosis mod but it seems that i cannot add modules becouse no space in this bios.
                          I add space to 02 region by compressing coredxe module and have about 1.5mb and i need about 800kb.
                          i get error that i dont have space,and i see that every added .ffs file change free space in 01 region of bios.
                          When i add 3-4 modules space in region 01 become too small for additional changes.
                          It seems to me that mmtool store changes in that region and then after adding 4 modules it fail.
                          Can someone help me to overcome this problem.

I already see this problem in some z68 gigabyte UEFI bioses.
                          Are there something that can be done to fix this.
                          Thx.
                          Last edited by xpamamadeus; 11-08-2013, 06:01 AM.

Comment

@boe323 @VirtualFred
                            Guys, Bios 12W is now officially loosing its marbles. As you are aware i and Yourself boe have had the bootup issue going straight into the bios at start up. It has now for whatever reason developed another issue.
                            When i boot up now it goes into bios and has lost all settings including no boot device. So i now have to set defaults everytime then the usual raid etc.
                            CPU Intel x3960
                            Screen Benq XL2420T 24

Comment

Originally posted by xpamamadeus View Post
                              Plz can u guys make modded bios for GA-Z87M-D3H
                              Thx.

I try to mod this bios with Ozmosis mod but it seems that i cannot add modules becouse no space in this bios.
                              I add space to 02 region by compressing coredxe module and have about 1.5mb and i need about 800kb.
                              i get error that i dont have space,and i see that every added .ffs file change free space in 01 region of bios.
                              When i add 3-4 modules space in region 01 become too small for additional changes.
                              It seems to me that mmtool store changes in that region and then after adding 4 modules it fail.
                              Can someone help me to overcome this problem.

I already see this problem in some z68 gigabyte UEFI bioses.
                              Are there something that can be done to fix this.
                              Thx.
                              Hi Xpamamadeus,

Yes, i'd never paid attention to it, S3Restore in Vol01 grows, originally 114KB after all mods it dropped at 38KB.
                              Unfortunately I do not know how to increase the size of the Vol1.
                              It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
                              Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
                              2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
                              2nd rig : Z77X-UD3H BIOS F20e mod - Core i5 3470 @4.0GHz - Noctua NH-D14 -
                              Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
                              Crucial M4 128GB - 2x WD10EALX RAID1 - Dell 2408WFP - Logitech Illuminated & G5
                              - Bose Companion 20 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits Legacy
                              HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
                              Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12
                              Gigabyte Modified BIOS & About ME firmware

Comment

I would uninstall the keys, reset to defaults(F7), then flash the backup with f12w, after this, unplug the power, maybe pull the memory also, reset cmos for 10mins, upon restart, do the usuall do, then just choose all the options for windows 8, install secureboot keys, set to standard, disable csm and reboot, after this, set sata and what ever is needed for your setup, thers def an issue with showing the correct drive info in the bios, even though the bios knows the drives are there, it seems to show the wrong info about them, its the same for me, but I just did what I wrote in this post, and it seems to keep the 1 windows boot option, or try inserting a disk and selecting that to boot from, then swap back. (g1assasin2 f12w), ive been getting CLOCK_ time out blue screens today, ive upped the voltage a bit more on my cpu, but I think its the NVidia driver as it causes a blue screen when driver verifiy is enabled.

Comment

Working...
                                X