Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I have a GA MA790x-ds4 running the F6 BIOS.

My spec's as of right now are
    Amd x4 9950be
    ga ma790x-ds4
    Nvidia 9600gt
    seagate 320gig hdd

I'm having issues with slow booting. It sometimes takes anywhere from 10-20 seconds to see my first post screen. Is there something that I can change in my Bios to see a better boot time?

Comment

Looking for a newer Bios (newer then F3) for GA-MA790XT-UD4P. I have the AMD AM3 955 CPU. When I turn the PC on, it does show the correct CPU name. I have to go into the Bios to set everything (which isn't a problem). I set the voltage to 1.25 and the multiplier to 16x. I turned off Cool n Quiet also. The problem I am having is that the CPU is running at 4x multiplier no matter what I set it to in the Bios. The only way to fix this is to run AMD overdrive everytime and to set the multiplier to the correct 16x. Then, I am running at the correct speed. I can change the bus speed from 200mhz in the bios and that change stays according to CPUz but the multiplier is always 4x unless I use AMD overdrive. I know it is running slow at 4x 200 (800mhz).

Comment

Dear Sir!
        I have a 965P-DS3 motherboard and have a following problem series:
        last spring i bought a razer diamondback mouse and tried it but i couldnt use it couse it had some problems: always out of order...the optical was still lighting but no reaktion on buttons and movings. after i pull out and then push back the cable from the usb port, it worked fine for a while (usually for few minutes).
        i thought the problem is with the mouse and i used my old mx510 forward till nowadays. I usually play with an online game.
        Nowadays my mx.510 mouse also have the problem above, but it seems basically in that game. In Win XP is basically work fine, but in vista sometimes my mx 510 is jamming.
        I tried in other usb ports, but razer dont want to work. I tried bios update, but nothing.
        Tried it from Linux, but i met with same problems. I also tried razer with its driver in the beginning.
        I tried razer at my workplace and it works fine in win200 also with microsoft mouse driver, so i guess the problem is not with the mouses.

To the end: i have 2 mouse, but i can only mx510 in windows and i cant use neither razer nor mx510 in gaming.

Can U help me? Is it possible that i have to change my motherboard?
        And sorry for my english, i am not very good in it ;D

Comment

• No DTS:Connect on the higher end EX-58 Extreme? Disgruntled user here!

Dear Mr.Yeh, I am finding myself quite dissapointed with the EX58-Extreme motherboard. My old X38T-DQ6 had the 889a audio chip and featured DTS:Connect.
          I upgraded my system to an EX58-Extreme with all the works, the cream of the crop so to speak, and expected to be able to have the same high quality audio as the specs page on the Gigabyte site claims it sports the exact same audio chip.
          But to my great dismay I am unable to use DTS:Connect? The audio panel only shows Dolby Live and I don't want that, I want DTS, it's what I paid extra for!

This has so far made me an unhappy user indeed and I don't understand why the lower boards DO have DTS:Connect and the higher end doesn't. Please tell me that I am wrong or how to correct this as I am upset about this to the point of no longer buying Gigabyte in the future this way.

Thanks for any assistance.
          Last edited by tijgert; 04-24-2009, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Hello to all .. i need help with my new ep43-ud3l motherboard. i using dual core e5200 processer.. my problem is my video card.. i'm using asus Eax1050 PCI E card. i updated all the drivers but when i start playing anygame the pixels start to break and some games can't even start. Please tell me how to fix the problem thanks

Comment

• Is my BIOS shot? Then what?

Hi, All!

I have a GA-8IPXDR. It was running BIOS revision F3. I booted from a USB CD-ROM and installed 8ipxdr.f7. The monitor showed that the update was applied successfully. I rebooted the machine. There is no video output. About 5 seconds after restarting, the machine makes a sound, alternating between a high tone and a low tone, over and over again.

I tried clearing the CMOS, removing all peripherals (mouse, keyboard, USB, Ethernet) and nothing changes. I can't figure out how to get to the BIOS at all.

Help?

TIA

Comment

Repost from http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep34...problem-31807/

Hi all!

I recently had to replace my motherboard/CPU which had died.

I purchased a EP43-UD3L mobo but am having some problems getting my nvidia 9800gtx to work. Basically when I plug in the card, attach the power to the card and boot her up, nothing happens for about 30 seconds, then I get a single beep and nothing on the monitor.

However when I swap out the card to an old nvidia 7900gt card (still pci-e), it all works fine!!

I'm sure there isnt a problem with the card since it was working when I removed it from the old mobo but am at a loss as to what else it could be?? I assumed it was a power problem, but there are green lights showing on the card, and no obvious indicators (that I can tell anyways).

Anyone had a 9800gtx work with this mobo? The old mobo was a gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4.

Comment

Originally posted by crtecha View Post
                  I have a GA MA790x-ds4 running the F6 BIOS.

My spec's as of right now are
                  Amd x4 9950be
                  ga ma790x-ds4
                  Nvidia 9600gt
                  seagate 320gig hdd

I'm having issues with slow booting. It sometimes takes anywhere from 10-20 seconds to see my first post screen. Is there something that I can change in my Bios to see a better boot time?
                  Do you have your memory setup properly, voltages, speed, and timing wise? Sorry, I have limited AMD Knowledge so I cannot offer any proper advice

Originally posted by rbarbier View Post
                  Looking for a newer Bios (newer then F3) for GA-MA790XT-UD4P. I have the AMD AM3 955 CPU. When I turn the PC on, it does show the correct CPU name. I have to go into the Bios to set everything (which isn't a problem). I set the voltage to 1.25 and the multiplier to 16x. I turned off Cool n Quiet also. The problem I am having is that the CPU is running at 4x multiplier no matter what I set it to in the Bios. The only way to fix this is to run AMD overdrive everytime and to set the multiplier to the correct 16x. Then, I am running at the correct speed. I can change the bus speed from 200mhz in the bios and that change stays according to CPUz but the multiplier is always 4x unless I use AMD overdrive. I know it is running slow at 4x 200 (800mhz).
                  F4a (CPU ID Updated and your CPU supported now) >>
                  GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS Download

Please be sure to load optimized defaults and save/apply after you flash. If you are unsure about flashing please read this guide I wrote >>

Originally posted by blasius View Post
                  Dear Sir!
                  I have a 965P-DS3 motherboard and have a following problem series:
                  last spring i bought a razer diamondback mouse and tried it but i couldnt use it couse it had some problems: always out of order...the optical was still lighting but no reaktion on buttons and movings. after i pull out and then push back the cable from the usb port, it worked fine for a while (usually for few minutes).
                  i thought the problem is with the mouse and i used my old mx510 forward till nowadays. I usually play with an online game.
                  Nowadays my mx.510 mouse also have the problem above, but it seems basically in that game. In Win XP is basically work fine, but in vista sometimes my mx 510 is jamming.
                  I tried in other usb ports, but razer dont want to work. I tried bios update, but nothing.
                  Tried it from Linux, but i met with same problems. I also tried razer with its driver in the beginning.
                  I tried razer at my workplace and it works fine in win200 also with microsoft mouse driver, so i guess the problem is not with the mouses.

To the end: i have 2 mouse, but i can only mx510 in windows and i cant use neither razer nor mx510 in gaming.

Can U help me? Is it possible that i have to change my motherboard?
                  And sorry for my english, i am not very good in it ;D
                  You could have a short in your board maybe? You do have all USB Settings enabled in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page correct?

USB 2.0 Controller ............................. [Enabled]
                  USB Keyboard Support ....................... [Enabled]
                  USB Mouse Support ........................... [Enabled]
                  Legacy USB storage detect ................ [Enabled/Disabled] << try both

Originally posted by tijgert View Post
                  Dear Mr.Yeh, I am finding myself quite dissapointed with the EX58-Extreme motherboard. My old X38T-DQ6 had the 889a audio chip and featured DTS:Connect.
                  I upgraded my system to an EX58-Extreme with all the works, the cream of the crop so to speak, and expected to be able to have the same high quality audio as the specs page on the Gigabyte site claims it sports the exact same audio chip.
                  But to my great dismay I am unable to use DTS:Connect? The audio panel only shows Dolby Live and I don't want that, I want DTS, it's what I paid extra for!

This has so far made me an unhappy user indeed and I don't understand why the lower boards DO have DTS:Connect and the higher end doesn't. Please tell me that I am wrong or how to correct this as I am upset about this to the point of no longer buying Gigabyte in the future this way.

Thanks for any assistance.
                  Sorry I do not have any Digital speakers to test with but I have a UD4P and I see the options for it here (in HDMI and Digital). I think the HDMI is my GFX Cards, but I know the realtek entry is the board >>

I do know you must change the sound setup in control panel from stereo to 5.1 or above to use DTS

Are you using the latest Realtek driver? If not, here they are >>
                  Realtek

Dolby Theater Mode is for 32bit systems only, so that may be why I only found what I did as I am using x64 and you may not find anything either if you are using x64

Originally posted by ederlee View Post
                  Hello to all .. i need help with my new ep43-ud3l motherboard. i using dual core e5200 processer.. my problem is my video card.. i'm using asus Eax1050 PCI E card. i updated all the drivers but when i start playing anygame the pixels start to break and some games can't even start. Please tell me how to fix the problem thanks
                  Sounds like that card is dying to me. Is this a game your card "Should" handle that you are testing with?

That is a very old card, that would likely by why some games will not start. How much ram do you have?

You can test your setup here to see if you can play certain games or not >>
                  Can You RUN It?

But it does sound to me like you may be needing a new card if you wish to game

Originally posted by hourback View Post
                  Hi, All!

I have a GA-8IPXDR. It was running BIOS revision F3. I booted from a USB CD-ROM and installed 8ipxdr.f7. The monitor showed that the update was applied successfully. I rebooted the machine. There is no video output. About 5 seconds after restarting, the machine makes a sound, alternating between a high tone and a low tone, over and over again.

I tried clearing the CMOS, removing all peripherals (mouse, keyboard, USB, Ethernet) and nothing changes. I can't figure out how to get to the BIOS at all.

Help?

TIA
                  Do you have a older PCI Card? Have you tried starting the system with only one stick of ram in slot one?

Can you try clearing the CMOS using the method I mention in Post #2 of this thread to see if that helps any >>

Originally posted by Seano View Post
                  Repost from http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep34...problem-31807/

Hi all!

I recently had to replace my motherboard/CPU which had died.

I purchased a EP43-UD3L mobo but am having some problems getting my nvidia 9800gtx to work. Basically when I plug in the card, attach the power to the card and boot her up, nothing happens for about 30 seconds, then I get a single beep and nothing on the monitor.

However when I swap out the card to an old nvidia 7900gt card (still pci-e), it all works fine!!

I'm sure there isnt a problem with the card since it was working when I removed it from the old mobo but am at a loss as to what else it could be?? I assumed it was a power problem, but there are green lights showing on the card, and no obvious indicators (that I can tell anyways).

Anyone had a 9800gtx work with this mobo? The old mobo was a gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4.
                  Hmm, sounds odd as a single beep means proper boot had occurred. I will go check your post to see what you have done so far

Comment

Hi everyone, here is another problem which i really hate about this motherboard, it says it has dolby sound onboard, hell this oboard sound is the worst ever cause it doesn't work (i know i should get a creative or asus sound card but that's why i bought ud3p instead ud3r for the sound) In <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_5_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">vista</NOBR> 64 sp1 when i use any official realtek drivers the sound is not installed properly cause under realtek hd audio manager it doesn't know how to configure 5.1 settings right. It disables the rear speakers and it enables the sides speakers which are only available on the 7.1 ch sound speakers. The windows drivers configure the sound as 5.1, sides off rears on, without any issues (detected also on the winamp output plugin), i even have speaker fill option available. The sound chipset is ALC 889A the same as on my brothers ep35-ds3r and to him the sound drivers are installed corectly on vista x64 sp1 as it should be on 5.1 configuration, sides off and rear on and also on the realtek console it has speaker fill available, which i don't have. This is one hell of a buggy board and gigabyte doesnt have a support forum and they don't seem to be aware of the problem so i dont know what to do cause the sound doesn't have any amplitude and is very low in any way possible. I really dont understand why they didnt @ least fix the sound on this board. My speakers are <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_6_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">logitech</NOBR> g51
                    Last edited by Hardc0re; 04-28-2009, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Memory voltage on Gigabyte mother boards.

I am shopping around for a new board. Do you have a list of maximum voltage settings for memory in bios settings for each of your amd am2+ boards? I noticed that many of them are 1.8 with a maximum of +.1, +.2, or +.3. So Which Gigabyte AMD boards offer higher voltage settings?
                      Last edited by artdrivers; 04-28-2009, 04:34 PM.
                      http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                      http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                      Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                      Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                      Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                      4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                      (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                      (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                      (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                      Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                      Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                      2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                      Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                      Logitech G500 USB mouse
                      Monitor: CMV937A
                      7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                      Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Quote:
                        <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%" border="0"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset ;" class="alt2"> Originally Posted by hourback
                        Hi, All!

Help?

TIA

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
                        Do you have a older PCI Card? Have you tried starting the system with only one stick of ram in slot one?

Can you try clearing the CMOS using the method I mention in Post #2 of this thread to see if that helps any >>
                        BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"
                        Thanks for your response!!!

I tried clearing the CMOS the way you described and it didn't change anything.

The only PCI card is a 3ware Escalade that came with the box.

I tried both one stick of RAM and two sticks of RAM and neither changed anything.

For the record, there is no floppy drive, just my external CD-ROM.

Comment

Hello,

I have a GA-EP45-UD3P mobo. I am running my PC8500 G.Skills @ 1100. I see a settings called "Driving Strength Profile" which is set to 1066. Any idea what this is? Is my setting correct for this?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hardc0re View Post
                            Hi everyone, here is another problem which i really hate about this motherboard, it says it has dolby sound onboard, hell this oboard sound is the worst ever cause it doesn't work (i know i should get a creative or asus sound card but that's why i bought ud3p instead ud3r for the sound) In <nobr id="itxt_nobr_5_0" style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;">vista</nobr> 64 sp1 when i use any official realtek drivers the sound is not installed properly cause under realtek hd audio manager it doesn't know how to configure 5.1 settings right. It disables the rear speakers and it enables the sides speakers which are only available on the 7.1 ch sound speakers. The windows drivers configure the sound as 5.1, sides off rears on, without any issues (detected also on the winamp output plugin), i even have speaker fill option available. The sound chipset is ALC 889A the same as on my brothers ep35-ds3r and to him the sound drivers are installed corectly on vista x64 sp1 as it should be on 5.1 configuration, sides off and rear on and also on the realtek console it has speaker fill available, which i don't have. This is one hell of a buggy board and gigabyte doesnt have a support forum and they don't seem to be aware of the problem so i dont know what to do cause the sound doesn't have any amplitude and is very low in any way possible. I really dont understand why they didnt @ least fix the sound on this board. My speakers are <nobr id="itxt_nobr_6_0" style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;">logitech</nobr> g51
                            Onboard sound is good on these boards!! Please see this thread for some info into your situation, I know it is not the "correct" thing to do, but it works just fine >>

Originally posted by artdrivers View Post
                            I am shopping around for a new board. Do you have a list of maximum voltage settings for memory in bios settings for each of your amd am2+ boards? I noticed that many of them are 1.8 with a maximum of +.1, +.2, or +.3. So Which Gigabyte AMD boards offer higher voltage settings?
                            I do not have a list, but I can check specific BIOS's for you if you would like. Give me a few models you are looking at and I can try to fill you in on the voltage options.

MANY of them go WAY Above what you are seeing, but maybe not older or budget models

Originally posted by hourback View Post
                            Thanks for your response!!!

I tried clearing the CMOS the way you described and it didn't change anything.

The only PCI card is a 3ware Escalade that came with the box.

I tried both one stick of RAM and two sticks of RAM and neither changed anything.

For the record, there is no floppy drive, just my external CD-ROM.
                            Ahh I asked about PCI Card to be used as your GFX Card so you could get into the BIOS to change Init First Display to PEG

Can you please upload the error beep for me you are hearing on bootup?

Originally posted by badshah123 View Post
                            Hello,

I have a GA-EP45-UD3P mobo. I am running my PC8500 G.Skills @ 1100. I see a settings called "Driving Strength Profile" which is set to 1066. Any idea what this is? Is my setting correct for this?

Thanks
                            That setting just chooses a pre-defined set of values for all the available settings below it, instead of setting them all one by one you can use a profile

Comment

You could have a short in your board maybe? You do have all USB Settings enabled in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page correct?

USB2.0 already enabled, keyboard support is on disabled couse i use ps/2 keyboard but i will try it, mouse support is on enabled of course and legacy is on disabled but i will try it on enabled and maybe (i hope) it will help.
                              i tried it with usb1.1 but nothing change

is it possible that the problem is with the power supply?

Comment

No, I do not think your Power Supply would matter. It may, but not likely, what PSU do you have?

Sorry I left out a setting in the above, try with all of these and your mouse on USB instead of PS/2. Although you can just use it on PS/2, I use mine that way and it is fine

USB Controller .................................. [Enabled]

Comment

Working...
                                X