Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hello i have the Gygabite EX-58 UD5 Motherboard
    with intel 980x Cpu
    i want to install memory dual channel
    Series: RipjawsX.
    sise: 8GB (4GBx2) Dual Channel Kit.
    Type: DDR3 240-pin.
    Speed: 2133MHz.
    voltage: 1.5V
    Timings: 10-12-12-31-2N.
    hi can work this memory in my motherboard

Comment

• Gigabyte z170x gaming 7 microphone does not work

having problems with Microphone on my gigabyte z170x gaming 7, audio works fine..
      i already tried some drivers

creative sound blaster recon3di
      realtek high difinition audio

anyone can help me fix the problem please..

thank you

best regards,

rey

Comment

• Re: Gigabyte z170x gaming 7 microphone does not work

Originally posted by crushmir View Post
        having problems with Microphone on my gigabyte z170x gaming 7, audio works fine..
        i already tried some drivers

creative sound blaster recon3di
        realtek high difinition audio

anyone can help me fix the problem please..

thank you

best regards,

rey
        Thi motherboard don't use Realtek chip but Creative. Do not install Realtek drivers.
        The audio stuttering, glitches etc. seems solved with recent UEFI releases but there are a lot of issue with the "creative audio service" (ctaudsvc.exe) that has many crash (many at day). This can be discovered accessing to the Windows Reliability Monitor. It is not clear what appen if you disalble this service. I have just disabled it and I need to monitor situation for some days.
        If you wan't, can you give a look to the Reliability Monitor of your system?
        Last edited by Sandokan71; 01-11-2017, 04:10 AM.

Comment

• R9 390 G1 vbios

New card, do I need this vbios update,
          Click image for larger version

Name:	new bios.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	755147

What is modify fan duty, improvement ?
          Last edited by goodplay; 01-13-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Hello to all,
            I just joined TT and this is my first post. Please be patient with me as I am not only a noob to TT but I am about to build my very first pc ever.
            In light of that, even though I am somewhat tech savvy, I have never really tried to change bios/uefi settings before. I've been reading the TT ultimate guide to overclocking and it's a lot to take in but I will get there.
            My parts, when they arrive, will be as follows:
            1. Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1 mb
            2. Intel core I7 6700k cpu
            3. Seasonic Prime 750W 80 plus titanium psu
            4. Noctua NH-D14 cooling
            5. 32GB ( 2 x 16) G skill TridentZ DDR4 -3000 (Cas 15)
            6. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Windforce OC gpu
            and of course an ssd and hdd.
            I am not going to be trying to overclock at the start, I just want to get the system set up and running and use it for a while before I try that. So my question for the gigabyte experts is this:
            Although I'm not over clocking to begin with, I do want to get the most out of my 3000 rated ram. So can you please tell me how to set up my uefi to get the rated memory speed and to have system stability?
            Thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by zombot View Post
              Hello to all,
              I just joined TT and this is my first post. Please be patient with me as I am not only a noob to TT but I am about to build my very first pc ever.
              In light of that, even though I am somewhat tech savvy, I have never really tried to change bios/uefi settings before. I've been reading the TT ultimate guide to overclocking and it's a lot to take in but I will get there.
              My parts, when they arrive, will be as follows:
              1. Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1 mb
              2. Intel core I7 6700k cpu
              3. Seasonic Prime 750W 80 plus titanium psu
              4. Noctua NH-D14 cooling
              5. 32GB ( 2 x 16) G skill TridentZ DDR4 -3000 (Cas 15)
              6. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Windforce OC gpu
              and of course an ssd and hdd.
              I am not going to be trying to overclock at the start, I just want to get the system set up and running and use it for a while before I try that. So my question for the gigabyte experts is this:
              Although I'm not over clocking to begin with, I do want to get the most out of my 3000 rated ram. So can you please tell me how to set up my uefi to get the rated memory speed and to have system stability?
              Thank you for your help
              Boot into BIOS and within M.I.T enable Profile 1 under Extreme Memory Profile (XMP).

Comment

I have been doing a lot of reading and I heard many people say that if they use xmp and then reboot, it becomes unstable and then they end up having to clear cmos.
                Also, should I use the stock bios or upgrade to the latest version ?
                Thank you for helping me

Comment

Originally posted by zombot View Post
                  I have been doing a lot of reading and I heard many people say that if they use xmp and then reboot, it becomes unstable and then they end up having to clear cmos.
                  Also, should I use the stock bios or upgrade to the latest version ?
                  Thank you for helping me
                  I have not had any issues with enabling the XMP profile, though in order to keep my temps in check for my overclock I did need to enable "Relax OC" in the Memory Enhancement Settings - but as you are not overclocking this shouldn't be an issue for you. I would try the stock BIOS. If you have issues then you may need an update - but this is unlikely.

Comment

I updated the latest bios file(9GCMS2L.F8d) through pen driver. Everything fine. Next day when i try to boot from pendrive it refused. Its not even showing in HDD boot priority which it was showing before. But bios detects the pendrive as transcend 4b.

The strange thing is when i wanted to reflash to old file9GCMS2L.F5)version the q-flash is detecting the pendrive as floppy b. Please see the screen shot for better understanding.

Then i downloaded windows version bios utility from gigabyte and flashed the older version by logging into windows 7.
                    but still
                    1. pendrive is not showing in HDD boot priority.
                    2.q-flash is detecting as floppy b.
                    3.but, bios is recognizing as transcend 4gb.

when i hit F12 and select USB-HDD it tries to
                    detect and hangs.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	755155

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Your picture is not clear and it's difficult to read.

Go into your bios and make sure that you have the correct boot device for one of three boot device options and then save settings and exit the bios.

Is your bios file unzipped on your Transcend drive?

Is your flash drive using FAT32, FAT16 or FAT12 file format?
                      The NTFS file system on your flash drive will not work with Q-flash!!

Last edited by profJim; 01-24-2017, 05:07 AM. Reason: added FAT file system question
                      Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                      P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                      4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                      MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                      Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                      WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                      SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                      Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                      Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                      Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                      MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                      Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                      HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                      CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                      E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                      Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                      Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                      HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Hello,

Just wondering is there a way to disable spread spectrum on the F10 bios on my z87x-ud4h board? It's really annoying that the cpu fsb is at 99.8 mhz..Before I used the F9 bios but since I got 4 dimms (4x4gb) i got random bsods with it...
                        So right now I have only 2 options: 1)F10 bios..fsb 99.8 mhz..no bsod; 2)F9 bios..fsb 100mhz..random bsod..
                        Gigabyte z87x-ud4h
                        i7 [email protected] ([email protected])
                        4x4gb ddr3 Hyperx Fury

Comment

I want to ask can i make each led in another colour?
                          Last edited by pcixopatt; 03-07-2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• Gigabyte GA-AX370-GAMING 5 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;PROBLEMS&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Problems with Gigabyte GA-AX370-GAMING 5

Logitech G510 Keyboard do not enter in the bios
                            Logitech G510 Keyboard doesn't work in the bios
                            Logitech G500 Mouse Lag and Freeze in the bios
                            With default setting there are high Vcore voltage spikes in idle (bios F3-F4-F5C)
                            Visualization Information in the bios are changing continuously and are incorrect.
                            Missing option in the bios:Turbo Performance Boost Ratio - Core Performance Boost Ratio - Turbo Performance Boost Ratio - Core Performance Boost - BLCK Change
                            With xmp 3200mhz profile loaded on every boot i have 3 beep before windows loading (the screen appear only with windows logo)
                            Various combination of dram speed even with manual timings are not working.

Product Name: GA-AX370-GAMING 5 (1.0)
                            BIOS Ver: F4, F3, F3F, F5C
                            VGA Brand: Palit
                            GTX 1080 Game Rock 8GB
                            CPU Model: Ryzen 1700X
                            Operating System: Win 10 64-bit Pro
                            Memory Brand: Corsair
                            Memory Part No.: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
                            Last edited by Andrea deluxe; 03-10-2017, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Where to download the latest version BIOS for ga-z170x-soc force ?

The BIOS verison F20d has problems
                              Last edited by Fran_K2; 03-23-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Please HELP!!!!
                                I am trying to overclock (i even followed the Gigabyte instructions) but CPU is getting throttled by the CPU Flex Ratio

i change the CPU multiplier and the CPU frequency showed correctly, but changing the CPU Flex Ratio makes no difference. Its always 38 and CPU at 3.8ghz.

Product Name: GA-Z270X-Gaming K5 (1.0) BIOS Ver: F5 - updated via APP (which doesnt work btw - easytune had to be manually dl and is all grayed out so cant OC there either) Brand: GIGABYTE Model: i5 7600k Operating System: Win 7 64-bit Brand: Corsair Memory Part No.: DDDR4

CPU Flex Ratio Override -- if disabled, CPU still 3.8 CPU Flex Ratio Settings -- make no difference Please HELP!!!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X