No announcement yet.

NV40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They just announced the GeForce 6800 today, check the mainsite.

We create the world’s fastest supercomputer and largest gaming platform.

Comment

• so much for the non-power hogging, somewhat cooler, single slot sensible design.

NVIDIA indicated (in the reviewers guide with which we were supplied) that we should use a 480W power supply in conjunction with the 6800 Ultra.

No, it's not one slot, yes, it has 2 molex connectors, and generally its very loud.

have they learned nothing from the NV30 disaster? Wake me when the X800 arrives

Comment

• Wake me when the X800 arrives
        I agree :) Ati makes much better cards and cooling designs..

Comment

• :wow: I beleive that's the personal cinema version. There will no doubt be monitor ports on others. Although I am disapointed in the size and likely noisyness of the cooling unit. Let's hope they have it rigged with a stealth fan (crosses fingers...).

Comment

• Originally posted by tacos4me
            Wake me when the X800 arrives
            I agree :) Ati makes much better cards and cooling designs..
            Where were you when the g4 were dominating. :D
            CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
            Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
            RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
            GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
            PSU: Thermaltake 500w
            SC: Audigy 2 zs
            LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
            Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
            Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

• Originally posted by Soyoman
              They just announced the GeForce 6800 today, check the mainsite.

www.nvidia.com

So it will take awhile for cards with the 6 series chip set to come out if they just now announced that it had been picked up by the major card makers...right?

Comment

• Where were you when the g4 were dominating
                With Ati :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by werley_123
                  Originally posted by Soyoman
                  They just announced the GeForce 6800 today, check the mainsite.

www.nvidia.com

So it will take awhile for cards with the 6 series chip set to come out if they just now announced that it had been picked up by the major card makers...right?
                  No doubt :roll:

Comment

• Originally posted by tacos4me
                    Where were you when the g4 were dominating
                    With Ati :wink:
                    With what card..i am quite curious.

Comment

• So if it is going to take them time to pump out these new cards with the 6 series chip, would you think it would be okay for me to go ahead and buy my new card?

I'm looking at an ASUS nVIDIA GeForce FX5900 Video Card, 128MB DDR, for $260. I'm just hopin that it won't drop in price the second I buy it, and I know they prices will go down when these new 6 series cards come out.

Comment

• Go with a 9800...5900 have problems with there shaders...so dont waste your money..go with the 9800.

Comment

• Originally posted by AsianBatman
                          Go with a 9800...5900 have problems with there shaders...so dont waste your money..go with the 9800.
                          I can't find an 9800 that can even compare the the 5900 in the same price range.

I have seen nothing but good reviews for the 5900, plus ASUS is know for making good product, and this praticular card comes with a fairly nice buddle.

But if you have any specific suggestions of what cards I should look at, I would gladly look at them.

The ASUS 5900 has a core speed 400 and a memory speed of 850 and once again, nice bundle. If you can know of anything in that ballpark, once again, I would check it out.

Comment

• Core speed doesn't matter...well it does but not when you compare ati and nvidia.

When you compare 9800 and 5900...the 9800 is the way to go because of its shader and coding sequence for future games...5900 is a great card only for games that dont use the advance shaders that half life2 is going to use...so i would go with the 9800pro sapphire that has a nice bundle and is 243..

Comment

• Intresting (and cheaper)...I noticed that most people say the 9800 pro runs 3dmark03 at about 6000 and the 5900 at 5200 (I assume this is a better indicator than specs. alone). I have only two more questions: whats the big deal with the shader and how would this card run with an AMD 64 3200 and 1g of ddr 400 (yeah, I'm planning on building a monster).

Comment

• 1. if you're planning on building a monster....why settle for a 9800 pro?
                                2. quit yer hijackin'

Comment

Working...
                                X