No announcement yet.

NV40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen, if your gonna post rumors like NV40 please post a link to where you heard about it...
    Im not convinced at all at those specs..
    And Im not about to take anyones word on it.
    where did they come from? how much speculation is in that?
    Even tho they bought bitboys and they where big on embedded RAM, so it makes sense that they should make use of that.
    Bitboys had a 1024bit memory bus to its embedded RAM.

Arent Microsoft skipping Dx9 and going straigt to 9.1?
    thought they did that cause of the GeforceFX shaders where so far above the dx 9 specs..

anyhow it might not be possible for Nvidia to lable GFfx as a dx9 card since it doesnt support displacement mapping.

Comment

That's a good point: what's the source of that information?

By the way, I have the spec of NV50 here...

Comment

Jolle, I'm assuming your question is directed more at Valkyrie than myself, given the detailed spec's he's posted.
        For my part, this information was found on a Korean and a Japanese site, I didn't include any links because they
        were in Korean and Japanese, sorry about that.
        Clearly any information posted this early in a chipsets life shouldn't be taken as final, spec's change all the time,
        we've seen this only recently with the FX.
        Regarding DirectX 9, I thought Microsoft were launching DX9 in January 2003, and DX9.1 later that year.

Comment

Yes that's what M$ is still sayin' about DX9's releases and DX9b1 has been out to M$'s partners and beta testers since the end of May this year so it should be about to go gold. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I am dreaming these are spacs people around the world reakon the next gen chips will have theres no proof of an NV40 yet but ive read NV35 is in disscision

Comment

No, no real proof yet but most of these rumours start from ppl at or around nVIDIA and their partners, the same as with previous models (other manufactures also have the same probs). Most of us who travel the net in search of info will come across lots of references, speculation and actually reliablely leaked information on many things plus over the years you get to know which sources are reliable and those that are not. The specs will have slight alterations while testing goes on but everything here so far is what's only being reported by better sources so far on the web. If something steps out of line from that then I'll be askin' for a link, believe me. Have a Google around and you'll find plenty to go thru. :devil win

Comment

Spot on Wiggo, I've just found more than 50 articles/posts that mention the NV40, are all these people dreaming?
                Theres a design team in Santa Clara already working on this chipset, I'm convinced of that, it may be early days, but
                they've started.
                In my view, I see the NV35 as an evolutionary chip, a faster, more refined version of the NV30, positioned to take on
                the R400, H2 2003. The NV40 will be the next truly amazing offering from Nvidia.

Comment

Yep ya can do that with any item and its just experience that separates the BS from fact plus getting to know the more reliable ones. :devil:

Comment

Well there isnt necessary any truth in any of rumors..
                    They could all be based on the same malicios rumor from some evil dude.. hehe im not saying thats the case but its possible..
                    I remember early rumors about NV30 that it had a hole in the middle for extra cooling, supported a new version of glide(3dfx buy based i assume) and used embedded RAM(bitboys buy up)..
                    None of it was true as far as i know hehe..

Anyway when posting very loosly based info (well goes for pretty much all unannounced hardware/software i guess)
                    post a link to the source, and stress the fact that its unconfirmed rumors..
                    Mostly incase someone who doesnt know better reads it, belives it to be true facts and spreads the word on these "new facts".
                    that way we can all do our lil part in preventing rumors messing up the stockmarket and such.. hehe

reasonable speculated (my own ideas) specs on what a nv35 chip could be:
                    Faster DDRII memory (Qdr if its not to far ahead?)
                    256Bit memory buss
                    updated LMA and that kind of stuff
                    maybe even updated vertex&pixel shaders.
                    Possibly more textures per clock..
                    seems a bit hard to make the GPU clock much higher tho..

Thoughts on what NV40 could possibly bring(or would be cool to se):
                    Embedded RAM since the Bitboys buy is possible i guess
                    (they had 12Mb embedded with 1024Bit buss on a card that never survived to se the light of day)
                    Possibly dx10 support depending on when NV40 is worked on and DX10 specs are drawn up.
                    Maybe 512 bit GPU and 512 memory busS?
                    QDR memory possibly depending on when.
                    A new AGP standard with PCI express or hypertransport support?
                    (got no idea if agp will benefit from those tho)

hehe.. its so sweet to speculate on what might be :)

Comment

Originally posted by jolle
                      hehe.. its so sweet to speculate on what might be :)
                      Speculation leads to the dark side... dont ask me why... it just does...

Comment

it also leads to dissapointment, when you speculate away and the reality isnt as fantastic as you imagined...
                        Feels a bit like that at the GeforceFX launch, or maybe its just the empty void where all the reviews and tests should have been..

Comment

Maybe ya shouldn't be in this thread jolle if the speculation is to heavy for ya. :devil win

After all where would we be now without it? :?:

Comment

Hehe.. and Im not speculating enough for ya? just look at my post above man..
                            I just agreed to JediAgent that it ahs its drawbacks to speculate, but I just cant help myself, if they wont tell me I will speculate!!! :bounce:

Comment

And disapointment leads to anger!!!

(sorry, I had to say that...)

Comment

When speculation there is, much suffering i see...

... suffering ...

... suffering ...

... suffering, without new hardware you will beif pocketbook is smaller that speculation...

Comment

Working...
                                X