No announcement yet.

NV40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, ATI wants to hold off as long as possible before launching R420 because the margins on current cards are much higher.

Since they supposed have their new card ready to ship, supposedly unlike nVidia, they can wait till nVidia launch. Launch their cards after nVidia, BUT have their cards on the shelves first.

I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that ATI generally try to have the products on the shelves within two weeks after their launch, unlike nVidia.

Comment

• SmokeyTheBalrog: No you are quite correct, even if NVIDIA launches first, ATI will have their cards ready in greater numbers and in the stores quicker. If ATI launch the R420 now, they are simply competing against their own R360. It's better for them to maximise profits and continue selling the R360 until NVIDIA's NV40 hits the shelves. Only then will ATI launch the R420.

Comment

• mmmm, that's interesting, makes a whole lot of sense tho.
        But r u suggesting R420 will hit the shelves later too?

Comment

• benny_mankin: Not really, I'm just suggesting that ATI will continue to sell their R360 cards for as long as possible. NVIDIA has a history of doing paper launches, so ATI will want to know the NV40 is actually available before launching their new card. ATI's R420 should be available (in quantity) first.

Comment

• Sounds good to me :D
            btw, check this and this out guys.

One written by ATIfanatic, the other by NVidiot :roll:

Comment

• benny_mankin: Your second link isn't working, but my guess is that you are referring to this story here which has already been dismissed as utter rubbish by Epic's Mark Rein.

Comment

• What the ****, now ur link isn't working either, hahaha... I guess it was being deleted while we were writing this :lol:

Comment

• benny_mankin: The link's working ok for me. :?

Comment

• ???? :?: :?: :?:

Even the home page is not working, well maybe they're updating it or something... :)

Comment

• updates? I just ebayed my 9800XT (I know, i'm a *****) for this or the R420 :D

Comment

• NV40 video clips

We have some exciting new SDK samples in the works for our next release. In case you missed them running live at GDC 2004, we created several educational video clips we think you'll find interesting. These clips are meant to explain some of the techniques that will be possible with our next-generation hardware. Full source code for these samples and more will be available in the next release of our SDK.

WARNING!: SDK Installer required to run videos (199 MB)

More details and download

NVIDIA Developer

Comment

• NV40 3DMark 2003 scores revealed

12,535: If people thought we were overconfident in this article, estimating the huge performance jump Nvidia were going to make when introducing its sixteen pipeline NV40, then they're going to have to think again.

Numerous sources have confirmed that a Futuremark 3DMark 2003 score of 12,535 has apparently been demonstrated by Nvidia on its pre-production engineering samples.

More information

The Inquirer

Comment

• Comment

• According to The Inquirer two NV40 versions will be available, and they will be called the G-Force 6800 and G-Force 6800 Ultra. The FX title appears to have been dumped.

Comment

• I dont particularly mind the scores of the NV40, since I'll never be able to afford one.
                                All it means is I'll finaly be able to afford a 9600xt or maybe a 9800xt :lol:

Comment

Working...
                                X