X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
    Do what I did, use the 8.1.40 firmware updater, just rename 8.1.50 to match the 8.1.40 firmware bin file, then you neeed admin privilege to flash. Just try and remove .exe from the bat file first, if still doesn't work then try my way. EDIT: ive looked at the bat file, it shouldn't have .exe in it, plus you need to backup the old one incase of problems, download the 8.1.40 firmware, and edit the bat file from that.
    Nothing works, it keeps saying error 8716 invalid usage..
    My OS is not activated, maybe that's the problem ? But still weird as everything else seems to be normal

I flashed 8.1.40.1416 in windows 7 x64 without problems, now in Win8.1 RTM i get error 8716

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx@ View Post
      Board EP45C-DS3R

Realtek LAN ROM 2.57

download F6d modbios, File-Upload.net - EP4CDS3R.F6d.zip

Comment

Originally posted by CautionEL View Post
        Nothing works, it keeps saying error 8716 invalid usage..
        My OS is not activated, maybe that's the problem ? But still weird as everything else seems to be normal

I flashed 8.1.40.1416 in windows 7 x64 without problems, now in Win8.1 RTM i get error 8716
        Yeah I got the same until I just renamed the file, try adding these reg entries, elevated command prompt, eleavated command prompt computer, the right click on the folder with the bat file inside it, and choose open command promt elevated ,
        My Files
        A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Hi,
          Could someone please fix the X79-UD3 (and every X79 based board also) modified BIOS? It has an uncompatible module.

Intel UEFI SATA Driver 12.7.0.1936 is NOT compatible with X79.

See: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...echnology.html

I've tested myself. It destroyed my SSD cache, and I can't enable it in Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus67 View Post

download F6d modbios, File-Upload.net - EP4CDS3R.F6d.zip

Welcome
            I can not download a BIOS from your link. See how you can at home if it is correct , and if I could modify the bios for this board?

Board EP35-DS3R

Realtek LAN ROM 2.57

My Bios
            EP35DS3RMOD_06_24_13.F15b.rar

Thank you
            Last edited by Maxx@; 09-09-2013, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andres Gonzalez Biront View Post
              Hi,
              Could someone please fix the X79-UD3 (and every X79 based board also) modified BIOS? It has an uncompatible module.

Intel UEFI SATA Driver 12.7.0.1936 is NOT compatible with X79.

See: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...echnology.html

I've tested myself. It destroyed my SSD cache, and I can't enable it in Windows.
              Whhhaaaaaaat??????

Comment

Look at the link.

After upgrading to F16 Modified BIOS, the RAID between the SSD Cache and the HDD drive appeared as "Incompatible" in the Intel ROM. I had to disable it, beleaving I could just enable it again in Windows (losing the cached data in the process). I can't. The Intel Smart Response console doesn't have any option to accelerate the HDD.

In the link you'll find another user, with another board, with the same problem. He lost all his RAIDs because of the different ROM. Going back to an older BIOS solved the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx@ View Post
                  I can not download a BIOS from your link. See how you can at home if it is correct
                  download link works, what the problem, try a browser IE / Firefox or see the options of your browser

Comment

Originally posted by Mabs View Post
                    morpheus67, thank you for your help and modding BIOS expertise. But I must ask you something: When will you share the method to add ME firmware to BIOS mods? You don't need to share here openly, but you could share privately with virtualfred or stasio... they are always giving to the community, why not give back a little?
                    morpheus67, did you saw my post?

Comment

Just successfully updated my ME Firmware to Intel ME Firmware v8.1.50.1456. Thanks everyone
                      Z77-D3H Rev 1.1
                      GA-Z77-D3H BIOS F23a mod
                      Core i5 3570K @ 3.8 MHz
                      Kingston HyperX Blue 9-9-9-24 @ 1.65v
                      Kingston SSD AHCI Mode
                      Two 1TB Seagate
                      ATI 6850
                      850W 80+ Gold PSU
                      Air Cooling
                      Windows 7 x64 SP1

Comment

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
                        Yeah I got the same until I just renamed the file, try adding these reg entries, elevated command prompt, eleavated command prompt computer, the right click on the folder with the bat file inside it, and choose open command promt elevated ,
                        My Files
                        Can you explain this to me ?
                        Also, in ''My Files'' nothing appears.

Comment

Originally posted by CautionEL View Post
                          Can you explain this to me ?
                          Also, in ''My Files'' nothing appears.
                          That's weird, they appear for me with the link try these separate links,MediaFire - Online Space for your documents, photos, videos, and music. , MediaFire - Online Space for your documents, photos, videos, and music. ., merge reg entries, then right click folder which as got the update files in it, choose elevated command prompt.

Comment

Thanks mate, your method worked just fine :)

Comment

Does anyone know the command to enable bios config lock, mines disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Andres Gonzalez Biront View Post
                                Look at the link.

After upgrading to F16 Modified BIOS, the RAID between the SSD Cache and the HDD drive appeared as "Incompatible" in the Intel ROM. I had to disable it, beleaving I could just enable it again in Windows (losing the cached data in the process). I can't. The Intel Smart Response console doesn't have any option to accelerate the HDD.

In the link you'll find another user, with another board, with the same problem. He lost all his RAIDs because of the different ROM. Going back to an older BIOS solved the problem.
                                Hi, this uncompatibility is whit all modified bios or only whit the new F16? And the problem is only in raid mod?

Comment

Working...
                                X