X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by stasio View Post
    Nice...it's untouched from Intel file decoded?
    yes, took microcodes from : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DwnldID=23984

and a tool for converting microcode.dat to separate per cpu family bins:
    Tool to extract latest Intel microcode for bios modding : BIOS Utilities & Flash Programs - BIOS Updates forum

P.S. remove empty line at the end of microcode.dat (it will cause duplication of last 16bytes in last microcode binary file)
    Last edited by chucky88; 07-03-2014, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chucky88 View Post
      Nevermind, fixed it myself. Extracted and removed all microcodes from my rom using MMTool, then inserted new one for Ivy and reinserted old ones. Saved, flashed and it worked. Microcode Revision 1Bh.
      It works too!!!

Comment

Nevermind, fixed it myself. Extracted and removed all microcodes from my rom using MMTool, then inserted new one for Ivy and reinserted old ones. Saved, flashed and it worked. Microcode Revision 1Bh.
        Thanks for posting this. I was having a hard time integrating microcode 428 for my ASUS P9X79-E WS and doing the method you listed worked wonderfully.

Comment

Yes,you can flash back to official Z68 BIOS F10: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 (rev. 1.0) Edit: Ohhh,I just noticed...you have SB CPU......as F11a is special BIOS to unlock IB CPU (unlocked IVB multiplier but can't change BCLK).
          Yes. My SB doesn't like F11a, so I flashed to Z68=>P67 B3 F4, which would freeze after Windows restart, and now Im on or P67 B3 F7 (also an IB updated BIOS). Working well so far, which is a bit odd (I would have thought Z68 F11a would be almost the same). Overclocking it now. Hoping for 5ghz, but she does like the voltage a bit too much, so I don't know if that'll be doable.

Comment

Tried to mod Z77X-UD3H with 1B ivy microcode(fixed version from Fernando's Win-RAID Forum (AHCI/RAID Drivers - BIOS Modding)) using UBU.Result - bootloop and bad bios. I think that it might be that UBU removes all microcodes (there were like 10 of them) in the bios and adds just 2 for Ivy and Sandy. I remember somewhere in the forum virtualfred or stasio tried to save some space in ROM by removing those other seemingly obsolete microcodes and bios failed after. (so this may be partial reason). Anyway, then I extracted Ivy code from intel's newest microcode.dat, double checked it, and replaced it using MMTool. System boots, but UEFI says that microcode update version is 000000, AIDA shows 17h. Any hints what may be the problem?

Z77X-UD3H rev 1.0 F20e mod3 (mod2 with latest Intel SATA OROM).

Thanks
            Hi chucky88! Using UBU did you integrate the module with CPU Micro-code "Sandy Bridge 28 - Ivy Bridge 1B" or "Sandy Bridge 29 - Ivy Bridge 1B"? I ask because from some cross-test made by me and a friend of mine it seems that the issue is related to the module that integrate CPU Micro-code "Sandy Bridge 28 - Ivy Bridge 1B" and not the newest...

Thanks and have a nice day.

Cheers,

KK

Comment

Originally posted by killkernel View Post
              Hi chucky88! Using UBU did you integrate the module with CPU Micro-code "Sandy Bridge 28 - Ivy Bridge 1B" or "Sandy Bridge 29 - Ivy Bridge 1B"? I ask because from some cross-test made by me and a friend of mine it seems that the issue is related to the module that integrate CPU Micro-code "Sandy Bridge 28 - Ivy Bridge 1B" and not the newest...

Thanks and have a nice day.

Cheers,

KK
              Hi,
              Yeah, it was 28/1B combo (1155over) @UBU 1.6.7b.

Comment

Hi,
                Yeah, it was 28/1B combo (1155over) @UBU 1.6.7b.
                Thanks for the reply Chucky, this is a confirmation of what we found making crossed-test with a friend of mine...

Could you be so kind to link/upload the CPU Micro-code packet that you prepared ready to be integrated/used on UBU?

Thanks again for your kindness and the time you deserved to me.

Cheers,

KK

Comment

Thanks for the reply Chucky, this is a confirmation of what we found making crossed-test with a friend of mine...
                  Could you be so kind to link/upload the CPU Micro-code packet that you prepared ready to be integrated/used on UBU? .......
                  No Probs,
                  but I din't integrate them using using UBU. I used MMTool directly (there's a CPU Patch option there) with separate microcodes file for Ivy/Sandy (Didn't make FFS module for Ivy/Sandy combo).

Thing is, that when i extract microcode module (GUID = 17088572-377f-44ef-8f4e-b09fff46a070) from my updated ROM - it's identical to the one in UBU 1.6.7. The only difference is that i have one more old microcode update there (CPUID 06A6).
                  Last edited by chucky88; 07-04-2014, 05:49 AM.

Comment

No Probs,
                    but I din't integrate them using using UBU. I used MMTool directly (there's a CPU Patch option there) with separate microcodes file for Ivy/Sandy (Didn't make FFS module for Ivy/Sandy combo)
                    OK, if you could link/upload i'll appreciate so much and if you agree i'll redirect SoniX (the author of UBU) to your packet and he could prepare the ".ffs" packets for the integration with UBU.

Comment

OK, if you could link/upload i'll appreciate so much
                      Here's my package for Gigabyte Z77X boards: (28/1B/04(old one))
                      https://www.dropbox.com/s/zuhnjwhlldjzrrk/1155over.ffs
                      Replace the one in UBU(1.6.7) and flash. Can't guarantee that it will work. May the dual-bios be with you.

Comment

Here's my package for Gigabyte Z77X boards: (28/1B/04(old one))

Replace the one in UBU(1.6.7) and flash. Can't guarantee that it will work. May the dual-bios be with you.
                        Yes! Yes! Yess! Yesssss! Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! It works well and everything is fine.

I've integrated your module with U.B.U V.1.67 Beta and all went fine from the first boot and to be sure of this i've swapped 2 CPUs:

- with a Core i7 2600K i've the CPU micro-code Rev. 28,
                        - with a Core i7 3770K i've the CPU micro-code Rev. 1B.

Thank you so much, this solve an issue with the module integrated in U.B.U V.1.67 for the SB Rev. 28/IB Rev. 1B that failed to boot Z77 LGA 1155 MoBos (testing platform @ the moment, i think issue is present even on Z68).

I really enjoyed your helpful attitude and cooperation and i redirect SoniX (UBU developer) to your module because for Gigabyte MoBos is "issue-free".

Have a nice week-end!

Cheers,

KK

P.S.: Kudos to you... RE: UEFI BIOS Updater - 41
                        Last edited by killkernel; 07-04-2014, 08:58 AM.

Comment

GA-Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod13 (rev1.0 and 1.1)
                          z77xud5h_mod13.f16.zip

Intel Legacy RAID for SATA -> 13.1.0.2126
                          Intel UEFI RAID SataDriver -> 13.1.0.2126

Thanks to SoniX & Fernando & Stasio.

Comment

Z77X-UD5H F16G BIOS

Issues with UBU CPU micro-code update are now solved.

Comment

Guys,
                              I'll be busy next 2-3 days with my new Devil 4790K, so try to do yourself as posted in #3691 post.

Btw,
                              I'll do for you......

GA-Z87X-UD4H - F10c-mod

Modified with :

Intel Legacy RAID ROM 12.7.0.1936 to 13.1.0.2126
                              Intel UEFI SataDriver 12.5.0.1815 to 13.1.0.2126
                              Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA PC 2179 to 2180
                              Intel GOPdriver 5.0.1036 to 1037
                              Intel Boot Agent PXE 1.5.04 to 1.5.53
                              Intel GigabitLan X64 5.1.00 to 6.2.08
                              Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter 1.0.0.0034
                              EFI Marvell SATA RAID 1.1.0.1007
                              CPU MicroCode 06C319 to 06C31A
                              ME firmware 9.0.30.1482
                              Modified splash logo 2

MEI 9.0.31.1487 (Firmware) flash yourself in Windows mode.
                              Can you Slic this Bios Version please Bios SLIC : Gigabyte 2.1

Comment

Originally posted by tim28taft View Post
                                Can you Slic this Bios Version please Bios SLIC : Gigabyte 2.1
                                Try here:
                                BIOS Mod Requests. Post Requests Only

Edit:
                                Oooo...you already post there.
                                Last edited by stasio; 07-08-2014, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X