X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by stasio View Post
    I'll make 2 modded F16 BIOS with MEI V.8.1.52.1496 Firmware.

One will be with normal Intel microcode......Sandy Bridge Rev. 29 + Ivy Bridge Rev. 1B......."F16 latest-mod"
    Second will be with Sandy Bridge Rev. 28 + Ivy Bridge Rev. 19....(they said better for overclock)....."F16 OC-mod"

The rest is per killkernel latest mod.
    Nice idea Stasio!

I can confirm the situation that is described in the bolded sentence because i've tested all the CPU Micro-Code revisions indicated for Sandy Bridge (V28/V29) and Ivy Bridge (V19/V1B) and an OCed CPU stable with old CPU Micro-Code revision became unstable with same settings and VCore with the newest revisions of CPU Micro-Code and to regain stability must be raised the VCore...e.g.: oldest CPU Micro-Code revisions are better than newest.
    I've tested this situation on different Gigabyte MoBos with Z77 chipset and results are the same for every MoBo.

I would recall to every user with Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H that would test these modified BIOSes that the IRST SATA OROMs included are the V.13.2.0.2134 that are suitable ONLY for systems with RAID enabled storage because the latest IRST drivers for Intel Z77 chipset that officially support normal AHCI storage is the V.13.1.0.1058 and the advised OROMs to use associated for the optimal performance and stability are the V.13.1.0.2126 (it is advised to match the versions of OROMs and drivers of the same development branches).

For people that need modified and updated BIOS for Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H but need the V.13.1.0.2126 OROMs (and V.13.1.0.1058 IRST drivers installed) because they use AHCI storage there is the softhive version (http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post488341) but is with newest CPU Micro-Code.

Cheers,

KK

Comment

Thanks folks, spoiled again!

@killkernel, so I fully understand (Sorry!)...If I don't use RAID enabled storage then your latest and the following stasio release are no good or does that just apply to people running Windows (OS X here)?
      * CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ Stock * Cooling: Corsair H80i / Noctua NF-F12 x2 * MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev. 1.1 - BIOS F16 Mod16) * RAM: Crucial 1600MHz DDR3 32GB (4x8GB) *
      * GPU: Intel HD 4000 (768MB) * Mon 1: Dell U2410 (A07) * Mon 2: Panasonic TX-P55VT50B * Cam: Logitech C910 HD * BD: Pioneer BDR-208DBK * HD 1: Crucial SSD M4-CT256M4SSD2 256GB *
      * HD 2: Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB * IR: Apple Infrared Board 922-7195 * WiFi & BT: Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac - Bluetooth 4.0 * PSU: Seasonic M12 - 600W *

Comment

Originally posted by D-an-W View Post
        Thanks folks, spoiled again!

@killkernel, so I fully understand (Sorry!)...If I don't use RAID enabled storage then your latest and the following stasio release are no good or does that just apply to people running Windows (OS X here)?
        I don't know the storage driver situation in OS X, i'm sure that in Microsoft Windows if you don't have a RAID system with the V.13.2.0.2134 OROMs (and V.13.2.4.1000 drivers) you can't use it.

The latest IRST AHCI drivers that officially support Intel Z77 chipset are the V.13.1.0.58 with the associated OROMs V.13.1.0.2126, so:

- AHCI storage drivers (and OROMs) have a limited "support" in time,
        - RAID storage system is a "little trick" to continue to update OROMs (with U.B.U) and associated drivers in time.

Cheers,

KK
        Last edited by killkernel; 09-05-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

As per ViRuS2k request:

Z97X-SOC Force - X08-mod

Consist of:

Intel RAID for SATA 13.0.0.2075 to 13.2.0.2134
          Intel EFI SataDriver 13.0.0.2075 to 13.2.0.2134
          Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA 2179 to 2180
          Bigfoot PCIE Ethernet Controller 2.1.1.1 to 2.1.1.5
          Intel GOPdriver 5.0.1037
          CPU Microcode 06C319 to 06C31C
          ME firmware 9.1.0.1120
          Modified splash logo 2

Note:
          ME 9.1.10.1005 (Firmware) flash yourself in Windows mode.

Comment

Stasio, when you can, can you do a mod of the f10 bios for the g1.sniper 5 please.

Comment

G1.Sniper 5 - F10-mod

Consist of:

Intel RAID for SATA 12.7.0.1936 to 13.2.0.2134
              Intel EFI SataDriver 12.5.0.1815 to 13.2.0.2134
              Intel OROM VBIOS Haswell 1028
              EFI GOP Driver Broadwell 5.5.1023
              Intel Boot Agent GE 1.5.04 to 1.5.56
              Intel GigabitLan X64 5.1.00 to 6.3.27
              Bigfoot PCIE Ethernet Controller 2.1.1.1 to 2.1.1.5
              Marvell 88SE91xx/92xx Adapter 1.0.0.0034
              CPU Microcode 06C319
              ME firmware 9.0.30.1482
              Modified splash logo 2

Note:
              ME firmware 9.0.31.1487 flash yourself in Windows mode.
              Last edited by stasio; 02-07-2015, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by killkernel View Post
                I don't know the storage driver situation in OS X, i'm sure that in Microsoft Windows if you don't have a RAID system with the V.13.2.0.2134 OROMs (and V.13.2.4.1000 drivers) you can't use it.

The latest IRST AHCI drivers that officially support Intel Z77 chipset are the V.13.1.0.58 with the associated OROMs V.13.1.0.2126, so:

- AHCI storage drivers (and OROMs) have a limited "support" in time,
                - RAID storage system is a "little trick" to continue to update OROMs (with U.B.U) and associated drivers in time.

Cheers,

KK
                I just installed your BIOS modified by stasio and Mac OS X Yosemite & Mavericks don't seem to mind so far, is there anything I can do to test (Other than boot of course!)?
                * CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ Stock * Cooling: Corsair H80i / Noctua NF-F12 x2 * MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev. 1.1 - BIOS F16 Mod16) * RAM: Crucial 1600MHz DDR3 32GB (4x8GB) *
                * GPU: Intel HD 4000 (768MB) * Mon 1: Dell U2410 (A07) * Mon 2: Panasonic TX-P55VT50B * Cam: Logitech C910 HD * BD: Pioneer BDR-208DBK * HD 1: Crucial SSD M4-CT256M4SSD2 256GB *
                * HD 2: Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB * IR: Apple Infrared Board 922-7195 * WiFi & BT: Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac - Bluetooth 4.0 * PSU: Seasonic M12 - 600W *

Comment

I just installed your BIOS modified by stasio and Mac OS X Yosemite & Mavericks don't seem to mind so far, is there anything I can do to test (Other than boot of course!)?
                  I don't understand what you said, could you be more clear please? (Sorry for my bad english...)

Anyway, to complete the combination of updates/usefulness i've prepared this one:

Z77-UD5H-F16

In this Stasio Modded version (Intel MEI Firmware included) i've changed the IRST OROMs to the V.13.1.0.2126 and CPU Micro-Code to Rev. 28 for Sandy Bridge and 19 for Ivy Bridge...

This would be useful for Oveclockers that didn't use a RAID storage system.

Cheers,

KK

Comment

I don't think anyone can accuse you of having bad english!

I was just pointing out that your mods are working ok on a none RAID system running Mac OS X (Both the current and new beta loaded with the latest Clover in full UEFI mode).

I also wondered if there was anything other than being able to boot and access the disks I could do to test things.

Comment

Stasio, whenever it's convenient, would you please upload P67A-UD7: B2=>B3 and B3=>B2? (these were uploaded in the past on xtremesystems, but links seem broken: B2=>B3 http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/P67aud73.f3h1 , B3=>B2 http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/p67aud7.f8f1). No rush.
                      B3 F3h seems to be the only BIOS that works well with my B2 mobo and supports PLL overvoltage and LLC+offset, but I'm having minor issues (corruption/MEI I think, due to power loss) and a clear/reflash isn't fixing it, so I'm hoping flashing B2 and then to B3 again might fix it. Thanks for your time, and any help you can provide, I really appreciate it!
                      Last edited by Bebop0389; 09-06-2014, 10:07 PM.

Comment

^
                        So now you are on B3 BIOS?
                        Want to go back to B2 BIOS?

Edit:
                        If you are on B3 BIOS....you can flash again any B3 BIOS (no need mod) from my list:

or from GB web page:
                        Lasting Quality from GIGABYTE.GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ motherboards bring together a unique blend of features and technologies that offer users the absolute ...
                        Last edited by stasio; 09-07-2014, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                          ^
                          So now you are on B3 BIOS?
                          Want to go back to B2 BIOS?

Edit:
                          If you are on B3 BIOS....you can flash again any B3 BIOS (no need mod) from my list:

or from GB web page:
                          GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P67A-UD7-B3 (rev. 1.0)
                          Yes. I'm on B3 and want to go back to B2. I also want to maybe go to B3 again in the future. If its possible for you to re-upload the files, I'd be grateful.

Comment

B3 => B2
                            GA-P67A-UD7 - F8

B2 => B3
                            GA-P67A-UD7-B3 - F7
                            Last edited by stasio; 09-07-2014, 02:58 AM.

Comment

I don't think anyone can accuse you of having bad english!

I was just pointing out that your mods are working ok on a none RAID system running Mac OS X (Both the current and new beta loaded with the latest Clover in full UEFI mode).

I also wondered if there was anything other than being able to boot and access the disks I could do to test things.
                              OK, thanks for these info. :)

I'm glad that everything is working as expected but i don't know OS X because i've never used a machine with this OS and i can't help about focusing a method to make tests other than using software created ad hoc for this purpose.

You can start trying this one: Xbench: Comprehensive Macintosh Benchmarking

Cheers,

KK

Comment

Any modes for this motherboard ?

GA-78LMT-USB3 rev 4.1

I am looking for UEFI support I have 3 tb Seagate hard drive want install win 7 64bit in that

i convert it to GPY style so i able to use 3 tb space but if i install OS in this it wil won't boot right ?

currently i using OLD 160 gb Seagate sata 2 harddrive with MBR style that have win 8.1 32bit

Comment

Working...
                                X