This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Boondocks, that is a good question. I would guess that the HPET is built into z87 boards just no options for on/off as from previous experience that if windows shows a driver that it's turned on in hardware. I had the option for on/off on my z77 board too (asus p8z77-v lk).

Comment

Originally posted by wheeljack12 View Post
      Boondocks, that is a good question. I would guess that the HPET is built into z87 boards just no options for on/off as from previous experience that if windows shows a driver that it's turned on in hardware. I had the option for on/off on my z77 board too (asus p8z77-v lk).
      Thanks.
      I can run WinTimerTester_1.1 and it shows about 3.4 MHz.
      But if I use the command bcdedit /set useplatformclock true, there is no change in frequency but the DPC latency goes up. So either this command doesn't work properly else it does something I'm not sure of.
      So many little mysteries with the Haswell.
      Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
      Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
      PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
      Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
      Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
      HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
      SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Originally posted by boondocks View Post
        Thanks.
        I can run WinTimerTester_1.1 and it shows about 3.4 MHz.
        But if I use the command bcdedit /set useplatformclock true, there is no change in frequency but the DPC latency goes up. So either this command doesn't work properly else it does something I'm not sure of.
        So many little mysteries with the Haswell.
        That is because the command is incorrect. It is bcdedit /set useplatformclock yes! That should override the Windows default timer (Invariant TSC) and use HPET.
        Last edited by johns36j; 01-03-2014, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johns36j View Post
          That is because the command is incorrect. It is bcdedit /set useplatformclock yes! That should override the Windows default timer (Invariant TSC) and use HPET.
          The command I quoted is the correct one, it's quoted that way all over the internet.
          PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
          Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30

Comment

The command I quoted is the correct one, it's quoted that way all over the internet.
            The internet is a dangerous place. You cannot believe most of it. Most of the forums/websites out there about HPET are incorrect and have tons of false information. You should use trusted sources like this: BCDEdit /set (Windows Drivers)

Comment

Ah, using bcdedit /set useplatformclock true again, I'm now getting a frequency of 14.3 MHz. Why this did not happen before I'm not sure, unless I forgot to reboot.
              Latency isn't too bad, I'll try it for a while.

Comment

The internet is a dangerous place. You cannot believe most of it. Most of the forums/websites out there about HPET are incorrect and have tons of false information. You should use trusted sources like this: BCDEdit /set (Windows Drivers)
                lol.

Comment

lol.
                  You might laugh but I am just trying to help out. So take it how you wish.

Comment

You might laugh but I am just trying to help out. So take it how you wish.
                    Well first you tell me the command is wrong -even though it works perfectly fine-, then you lecture me on how dangerous the internet is. Since I've been around from the beginning of the internet I think I understand quite well how much bad information is out there.
                    But your post being one of those with incorrect information-that's what made me laugh!

But no offense meant, and no offense taken.

Comment

Well first you tell me the command is wrong -even though it works perfectly fine-, then you lecture me on how dangerous the internet is. Since I've been around from the beginning of the internet I think I understand quite well how much bad information is out there.
                      But your post being one of those with incorrect information-that's what made me laugh!

But no offense meant, and no offense taken.
                      My source is incorrect? That is straight from Microsoft themselves...I wasn't trying to be an a-hole, sorry if i came off that way!

Comment

My source is incorrect? That is straight from Microsoft themselves...I wasn't trying to be an a-hole, sorry if i came off that way!
                        You are incorrect. The command as I entered it works fine.

But my question is still not answered, and I guess won't be since you've managed to drag this on.
                        I'm done with it.

Comment

You are incorrect. The command as I entered it works fine.

But my question is still not answered, and I guess won't be since you've managed to drag this on.
                          I'm done with it.
                          Well you said you are getting 14.3MHz QPC reading with this command enabled. That means HPET is implemented on the board and is turned on. You could also check your device manager and look for high precision event timer. I wouldn't recommend keeping that command enabled because it is there for debugging purposes only. It will not give you any performance gains and could in fact give you problems with certain drivers/programs. Also, all timers sync with HPET. Sorry for the inconvenience!
                          Last edited by johns36j; 01-03-2014, 12:37 PM.

Comment

VirtualFred, can you mod the F8M bios for the z87x-ud3h mb Please. TIA.

Comment

Dude he is not incorrect, it may well work fine for you but he is not wrong, the correct value is YES, ive never used any other value other than YES and it works fine also.
                              Windows Boot Loader
                              -------------------
                              identifier {current}
                              device partition=C:
                              path \Windows\system32\winload.efi
                              description Windows 8.1
                              locale en-GB
                              inherit {bootloadersettings}
                              recoverysequence {092a495c-64cf-11e3-aaba-f243
                              integrityservices Enable
                              recoveryenabled Yes
                              isolatedcontext Yes
                              allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075
                              osdevice partition=C:
                              systemroot \Windows
                              resumeobject {092a495a-64cf-11e3-aaba-f243
                              nx OptIn
                              pae Default
                              bootmenupolicy Standard
                              useplatformclock Yes
                              A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Help me plz.

Z77X-UD3H Rev1.1 (Bios version F18) + I5 3450

not support ram

Avexir Mpower 8GB[4*2] / 2133

Chip " Hynix MFR "

AVEXIR MPOWER RED LED 8GB 2133 (2x4GB)

Have help?

Boot show Debug Code 15. Then it freezes.

clear cmos / change slot / install 1 item. did not

Try every way.
                                Last edited by soepoe; 01-03-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X