Little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Little help

How come my google search never comes up with such bargins?

Comment

I have been searching and watching ebay for a few weeks for some decent memory, im supprised i got them so cheap we will see how they perform.
      Gigabyte P45 UD3P rev 1.0
      2X2gb Gskill 9600 DDR 2 1200 CL5
      Core 2 Duo E8400
      2 WD 160gb Raptor HD Raid 0
      ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Comment

Nice kit! Looks like they might need 2.35V to run that C4 at 1000Mhz though, but if you keep a fan over them it should be ok. I wouldn't run them above 2.2V without a fan directly over them

Also keep in mind high voltage at 2.2 or above often leads to high failure rates (Which I see a lot of RMA's mentioned on newegg), so you may not want to push them very hard or they might die easy on you. Of course at $10 that probably doesn't matter unless it's your only kit at the time.

Comment

Im just looking to get the 1000mgz cas 4 out of them, my ballistix wont go that high, so i will keep the voltage to 2.2v. I really want a 4gb kit that will do that speed and cas, but very hard to find these days. Yeah the good thing is if they fry, im out $10.
          Core 2 Duo E8400
          ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Comment

You may have to use 2.3V to run CAS 4 at 1000Mhz, which at that voltage your Crucials might do too as they are probably the same IC's anyway.

And ya, you can't beat those prices, as long as they last you a little while anyway

Comment

I cant belive this, i wont that memory kit from the seller, then 2 days later he wants to cancel the transaction, i have no idea why, but now i have to look for some memory again.
              Core 2 Duo E8400
              ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Comment

Does epay allow this at all?

Comment

Well ebay sent me a notice that the selller wants to cancel the transaction of me buying it, im like ok, but why i dont know. Im thinking he didnt get as much money as he thought for it, and is going to try to sell it elsewhere.
                  Core 2 Duo E8400
                  ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Comment

Sorry to hear!! Ya, crappy sellers do that all the time! That's why when I sell I use Buy It Now, so I can get what I want for the item or not sell it at all!

If I need to cancel a transaction due to an actual reason, I would let the buyer know that reason, as do most when something breaks or something like that. Since he didn't say anything to you, then you are probably right, he thought he'd get more $$ so he'll now sell it elsewhere or wait a while and relist it on ebay.

Haha, I would have fought it! Told ebay and him NO, it wouldn't really help you any, but it might have stalled him enough that he just gave in and sent it to you.

Comment

Your right, i should have fought for it, now he has relisted it for starting bid $10, buy it now $150, he is nuts, it had 4 bids last time and i was high bidder at $10, now he wants more.
                      Core 2 Duo E8400
                      ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Comment

I'd call up ebay, don't message as they'll take forever to respond! Call them and ask that he get hit with a negative for failure to deliver the kit you won, or not be allowed to relist that kit, that's just wrong!

Did you leave him a negative, or can you not now? He probably blocked you from bidding too now, so you can't leave him another negative.

Comment

Really he could set higher bid if he think they worth more and avoid all this.
                          People holding to DDR2 like it's gold, in a year or two they'll be sorry they didn't sell it for just any price they could get for it.

Comment

Ya, or reserve! I think he just was mad that you won it at such a little amount, he probably thought it would go for more to begin with so he didn't worry about it.

I use only BIN myself to avoid not getting what I want, or I'll allow offers then I can choose if I want to accept lower than my BIN price.

You are right, DDR2 will be way old news shortly, DDR4 is just around the corner I think.

Comment

Chike, you said you doubt this board will do 500fsb, guess again, it will do more, this was easy to get 500fsb. Click image for larger version

Name:	500fsb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	752037
                              Core 2 Duo E8400
                              ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Comment

Damn, nice one man!