Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Originally posted by infact View Post
    Hi there.
    Im having some issues with my new installed Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
    After i installed the new mobo my screen woulden turn on with my GFX Asus 6950.
    If i remove the gfx and use the internal one it work like a charm.

I thought maybe my gfx was broken, so i tested on my old mobo and it works.
    So i tried again, but still no luck.

So i found a old pci-e card "gt230" and tried that one, that worked.
    But everytime i put in my 6950 i get black screen, i have tried the hdmi on the card and the one on the mobo, same result.
    Have tried vga / dvi / hdmi :(

Anyone here that maybe can help me.. maybe my card isent compatible with the gigabyte ?

ps. i just updated the bios to F16 in hope that could help.. but no :(

My system is:
    Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
    i5 3570K
    Asus 6850
    Corsair H60
    Corsair TX650
    Samsung 840 256GB SSD
    Hello
    I've just had a similar problem to this with my son's new build. Gigabyte D3H would work fine if using on board graphics connected to VGA cable but as soon as I put in his XFX 7870 it would either freeze on boot or BSOD saying hardware issue. So I tried one of my 6870's and it did the same thing. I then tried an old 4890 and it worked ok. I tried the 7870 in my machine and it worked ok. So i was thinking it was MB or power supply problems. Got a new more powerful PSU and tried that. Again it would either freeze or BSOD. SO I then trolled through lots of google pages and eventually I managed to get it working. What i did was;
    Take out GPU and attached monitor to Internal graphics.
    Done a fresh install of Windows.
    Updated BIOS to the newest one (F18 i think it was)
    In BIOS I disabled all power saving features on the CPU
    Disabled internal graphics
    Put 7870 in machine
    Installed latest Drivers for GPU
    Then installed MB Drivers individually rebooting after each one was installed (if a reboot was required)
    His machine has been working fine now with the 7870.
    Seems it was either a conflict with the internal graphics or the power saving features where stopping the card running properly.
    By the way i've NOT re-enabled anything that I disabled.

Comment

What does the new bios (UEFI) for the GV-N680D5-2GD-B video card do?
      GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce 600 Series - GV-N680D5-2GD-B
      It's for support for UEFI.
      I believe the UEFI for the Nvidia cards is to allow faster boots and better com. with the UEFI capable motherboards. If your using UEFI on the motherboard you may want to update. If you have a BIOS on the motherboard do not update.
      Last edited by artdrivers; 01-30-2013, 07:18 AM.
      http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
      http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
      Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
      Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
      Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
      4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
      (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
      (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
      (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
      Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
      Mid size ATX case with show through panel
      2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
      Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
      Logitech G500 USB mouse
      Monitor: CMV937A
      7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
      Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Originally posted by artdrivers View Post
        It's for support for UEFI.
        I believe the UEFI for the Nvidia cards is to allow faster boots and better com. with the UEFI capable motherboards. If your using UEFI on the motherboard you may want to update. If you have a BIOS on the motherboard do not update.
        thanks for the response but that doesn't make sense.

Comment

When installing an after-market graphics card into a certified Windows 8 PC with UEFI enabled, the system may not boot. UEFI is a new system BIOS feature that is provided on most new motherboards. A UEFI system BIOS is required in order for the Windows 8 Secure Boot feature to work. Secure boot is enabled by default on certified Windows 8 PCs. In order to get the PC to boot with a graphics card that does not contain UEFI firmware, the end-user must first disable the secure boot feature in the system's SBIOS before installing the graphics card. Note: Some system SBIOS's incorporate a feature called compatibility boot. These systems will detect a non-UEFI-enabled firmware VBIOS and allow the user to disable secure boot and then proceed with a compatibility boot. If the system contains a system SBIOS the supports compatibility boot, the user will need to disable secure boot when asked during boot process
          Instructions for manually disabling secure boot:
          1) Power down the system
          2) Remove the NVIDIA Add-in card
          3) Boot the system using integrated graphics
          4) Enter CMOS settings. CMOS settings can usually be accessed during boot, typically by pressing one of F1, F2, F8, F12, or Delete (depends on the system firmware) Alternatively they can be accessed in Windows 8 as follows: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-...ws-8-computer/
          5) Set Secure Boot to disabled
          6) If there is an option, set CSM (or compatibility or legacy mode) to enabled.
          7) Save the new settings
          8) Power down the system
          9) Install the NVIDIA Add-in card
          10) The system should now boot
          The Nvidia BIOS Update with UEFI fixes this issue. I'm sorry if the previous statement was short and did not make sense.
          Last edited by artdrivers; 02-01-2013, 02:43 PM.
          http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
          http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
          Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
          Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
          Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
          4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
          (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
          (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
          (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
          Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
          Mid size ATX case with show through panel
          2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
          Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
          Logitech G500 USB mouse
          Monitor: CMV937A
          7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
          Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Hello,

I hope to find some help here. I have been approaching Gigabyte's support via support ticket as well as the callcenter in Hamburg, Germany. Both have been very discouraging experiences. The ticket support was not even bothering to read the full thread, recommending me to do a generic fresh installation which I did, mentioning it in my initial bug report. The person on the phone that I talked to has been unfriendly (Quote: No I am not discussing this with you any further) and had utterly not even heard of OCCT before. Essentially he was calling OCCT bad software, claiming it is causing a runtime error, literally saying I should use "better" software like Prime 95. The latter however does not seem to really push the CPU to it's limits.

Also I cannot register with OCCT's support forum because I am not getting confirmation emails to two email accounts...

So I am putting my hopes into this forum and that some Gigabyte employee would be more open towards my problem. Here is the summary of tests that I did and posted as support ticket in november:

Hello,

I came across a pretty reconstructible stop error condition on my X79-UD5 board.

When doing stability testing with OCCT in 64 bit mode with AVX support, I am getting a d1 stop error (BSOD) pretty exactly after 64 minutes, sometimes up to 74 minutes. I have done some extensive testing over the last three weeks to limit the factors of this.

Summary:

- Stop error d1 in storport.sys, occasionally 1e
            - Requires running OCCT 4.3.1 or 4.3.2 (maybe others)
            - Requires iRSTE drivers 3.2-3.5. iRSTe 3.0, generic windows drivers OR RST drivers fix the problem!
            - Tested on Win7 x64 SP1 and Win8 X64. (Win 8 with iRSTe drivers 3.5 only)
            - occurs when overclocking as well as on default clocks/voltages
            - occurs in RAID and AHCI mode
            - occurs with BIOS F13i, testing done on F13m, F13n, F13p
            - Testing was done on a generic, fresh installation of Windows 7 x64 ultimate on a separate harddrive, with only intel INF update and ME drivers installed.
            - also ruled out Fresco USB and Marvell SATA drivers as source.
            - Further ruled out nVidia drivers for my ASUS ENGTX 560Ti GPU and Xonar D2X drivers
            - Memory stability tested with 4 passes of Memtest 86+ V4.0b for servers.

I do see how the RSTe drivers are involved with storport.sys but the role of OCCT in this matter is totally unclear to me. I hope you can find and reconstuct this problem. Thank you!

(I can provide screenshots of the BSOD)
            Last edited by Amurtigress; 02-08-2013, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Hi,

I am owner of UP5 TH and since I format recently I am getting some issues.

Before format all was working fine, more specific, the USB 3.0 header 2 and 3, if I am not wrong from VIA USB HUB Controller.

After format, I cant make them working, I tested on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8 with UEFI, and nothing work.

Tried with Gigabyte drivers, from Intel, updated the BIOS, but still not working, giving me errors like Unknow Device, Error Code 43.

I searched on Google, but the isnt any clear solution, hope you could help me.

Thanks!

Comment

No any VIA drivers are applicable for UP5 TH.
                Lasting Quality from GIGABYTE.GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ motherboards bring together a unique blend of features and technologies that offer users the absolute ...
                Last edited by stasio; 02-10-2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by infiniti25 View Post
                  Welcome to TweakTown jerryel!
                  There are a few people around here who will provided you very technical details if you need them! They will also help with all aspects of the motherboard including locating hard to find voltage information, overclocking help, power supply requirements, optimal bios settings to combine with the amount of RAM you have. In fact all things BIOS are covered in depth in the many stickies.
                  LSDMEASAP is your main man, but he is a very sought after and busy forum dude, so if you do happen to have any problems or queries, just give it a day or two and he should be around to see you right ;)
                  I have a GA-EX58-UD4P. The PS2 keyboard jack stopped working, so I tried a USB keyboard. It worked. However, I replaced the board with a GA-EX-58A-UD5 for 64 bit computing. Recently, I tried the UD4P in another case. All I hooked up was front panel control, 6 gigs of compatible Kingston DDR3 and a working video card. No post occurred at all. The memory DDR voltage lights showed from the top, three off, then yellow, green, yellow green. The CPU frequency led was only two blues at the bottom. When powered down I get a series of two sets of two beeps. No other lights come on. I have tried a different power supply, memory and video card. When I unplug the eight prong 12v plug, nothing changes. It is in proximity of the PS2 keyboard jack and I am wondering if that section of the MB is toasted. Any fixes or suggestions will be very welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amurtigress View Post
                    Hello,

I hope to find some help here.
                    If your BSOD is limited to OCCT then perhaps the problem is OCCT, just sayin. W/O getting into an OCCT debate, most will agree 24 hours of prime=stability. Have you tried discussing your issues with OCCT?
                    i7-3930K
                    GA-x79-UD3
                    Corsair H100
                    4x2GB GSkill F3-12800CL6
                    X-Fi Titanium HD
                    EVGA GTX 970
                    Pioneer BDR-207DBK
                    Samsung 850 EVO
                    3XWD2002FYPS
                    Corsair TX850
                    Dell U2412M

Comment

Originally posted by gigawhat? View Post
                      I have a GA-EX58-UD4P. The PS2 keyboard jack stopped working, so I tried a USB keyboard. It worked. However, I replaced the board with a GA-EX-58A-UD5 for 64 bit computing. Recently, I tried the UD4P in another case..
                      Pull out the ram, cpu, power. Pull the bios battery, reset cmos, let sit for a few minutes, put it back together this time with only one stick of ram in appropriate dimm. Try to get to post, no post change ram, set bios defaults, reboot. Get a copy of memetest86 burned to a CD and boot from it. Test each stick of ram individually. Once you've eliminated ram, cpu, power supply that only leaves the mobo.
                      i7-3930K
                      GA-x79-UD3
                      Corsair H100
                      4x2GB GSkill F3-12800CL6
                      X-Fi Titanium HD
                      EVGA GTX 970
                      Pioneer BDR-207DBK
                      Samsung 850 EVO
                      3XWD2002FYPS
                      Corsair TX850
                      Dell U2412M

Comment

@Peakr:

Well if you read my post, I said I cannot register since I am not getting any registration mails from the OOCT forum, so I can't confirm my account. Besides it is enough of a hassle due to their almost totally unreadable captchas. And yes, the SPAM filters on my email accounts are disabled

And no, Prime95 is not enough. OCCT takes more voltage to be stable within 2 hours. What you said is what the masses say but that's not neccessarily the truth...

Prime 95 takes 1.35V for 2375 Mhz to be stable, OCCT stops with an error within minutes at the same voltage. It takes 1.375 instead.

What's more, Peakr: Use some logic please. If OCCT can cause a crash through the Intel driver, any other app can, too.
                        Potentially.

Intel's drivers are not all that fantastic either.

Comment

Originally posted by Amurtigress View Post
                          What's more, Peakr: Use some logic please. If OCCT can cause a crash through the Intel driver, any other app can, too.
                          Potentially.
                          Everything else works so the variable here is OCCT, that's what I think about it. I can see how you'd be upset that your computer was stable in everything but occt but personally if my computer was flawless in everything but OCCT I'd be OK with it. GL.
                          i7-3930K
                          GA-x79-UD3
                          Corsair H100
                          4x2GB GSkill F3-12800CL6
                          X-Fi Titanium HD
                          EVGA GTX 970
                          Pioneer BDR-207DBK
                          Samsung 850 EVO
                          3XWD2002FYPS
                          Corsair TX850
                          Dell U2412M

Comment

@Peakr:

Thanks. I have to admit, there is more to it. I have had this board for a year by now. I have been seeing so many issues with a high end platform that I was spending a lot of money on....

- Before the release of the X79 chipset, Intel deleted the SAS feature from the specs due to too small yield for good dice.
                            - The C1 CPU die revision had the hardware virtualization broken. So they changed the specs for the C1 CPUs and released a new fixed C2 die in January of 2012.
                            - There were many flaws in the peripherals of the X79 mainboard series.
                            - Two bugs that flawed the onboard INTEL LAN. Has been fixed.
                            - Initially CPU-Z crashed the system no matter what OS. Always when detecting the RAM's SPD. Has been fixed.
                            - The onboard Marvell SATA3 controllers have problems with optical drives-I tried seven models from LG, Samsung and Lite-On. The BIOS finds them but Windows doesn't, in several and varying modes, while the most reliable seems to be the RAID mode when using Marvell's drivers. Windows' generic ones ignore the drives usually. A real problem is the IDE mode that initially kept me from installing Windows XP. Textmode setup worked, but the rest of it in PnP mode failed.
                            - Razer mice worked on and off, got fixed sometime inbetween and are broken again now since BIOS F12. Fine, who the heck needs mouse support in a BIOS who is used to overcloking...

Why is it that mostly the peripherals are flawed on Gigabyte's X79 boards while the core system (which is the actual new part) is pretty stable and overclocks okay....This is just so ugly-even if I can live with it.

Originally I changed away from ASUS and the X58-UD7 was a really fine board. Now I get this one and...geez, for 249 Euros I just expect better.

Sorry for the ranting but I guess you folks see my point there. I am pondering to change back to ASUS and get me a P9X79-series board.

Comment

• Comment

I cannot find any information on how to utilize cloud station B12.1015.1. I have it running in the system tray, but have no idea on how to access it from other computers or devices(tablets/phones/etc). Please send info on how to use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X