Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Thanks for the help and information anyway, any little bit helps. I am heading to bed and going to let prime run for at least six hours. If it shut down, it should wake me up when it comes back on. I will keep you guys posted. For the record, this is one sweet board. I have two other gigabyte boards in my house. My daughter build is 775 socket DS4 and my sons build is socket 1366 UD3R. I have not had any problem out either one, I hope this one stands up like the other have and still is.

Comment

No problem!

Glad to hear you are liking your new G1 board, I'm sure it will continue to please you!

Comment

Hi, I hope you can help me.

MB: GA-P35-DS3L
        BIOS: F9 (upgraded from F7)

Problem #1:
        No keyboard response in the BIOS. Both PS/2 and USB keyboards do not work in the BIOS/Qflash.
        Keyboard works when I boot into windows.
        PS/2 mouse does not work at all.
        Both mouse and keyboard work on another PC.

Problem #2:
        I only get POST when the power supply is connected to 1 of my SATA HD.
        If I connect the power supply to any other HD/DVD drive at the same time no POST both with the data cable connected or disconnected from the board.

I installed the power supply in another PC and its working.

Ive reset the CMOS and upgraded the BIOS already.

Comment

How did you flash the BIOS?

Did you load and apply/reboot Optimized Defaults, before going back into the BIOS and changing settings?

Do you have Legacy USB or USB Storage enabled in the BIOS, if not please enable and see if this corrects your USB keyboard issue.

Comment

Flashed with bootable USB as i don't have the use of the keyboard in qflash.

"Did you load and apply/reboot Optimized Defaults, before going back into the BIOS and changing settings?

Do you have Legacy USB or USB Storage enabled in the BIOS, if not please enable and see if this corrects your USB keyboard issue."

Cant do this as no keyboard is working in the BIOS.

Comment

Clear CMOS. You may want to try it out of the computer case. Back plate or chassies can sometimes ground out the signal.
              http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
              http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
              Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
              Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
              Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
              4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
              (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
              (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
              (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
              Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
              Mid size ATX case with show through panel
              2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
              Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
              Logitech G500 USB mouse
              Monitor: CMV937A
              7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
              Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroOne View Post
                Flashed with bootable USB as i don't have the use of the keyboard in qflash.

"Did you load and apply/reboot Optimized Defaults, before going back into the BIOS and changing settings?

Do you have Legacy USB or USB Storage enabled in the BIOS, if not please enable and see if this corrects your USB keyboard issue."

Cant do this as no keyboard is working in the BIOS.
                Please try to find another PS/2 keyboard and see if that fails to work in BIOS/Qflash as well.

If so, it's likely a BIOS bug, and you should try going back to F7 or F8 and then report this issue so they can look into it and see if it's a BIOS bug or something possibly on your end.

Comment

I have X58A-UD7, with I950 , 24 GB, windows 7 x64 .
                  Now I have upgraded my BIOS to FC, and Installed New i990x Extreme Processor.
                  I am facing issues with showing memory capacity. In BIOS it shows 8GB when i restart , some times it shows 12 GB, 16, GB. But in Windows it shows 24 GB (Usable 8GB).

When I put back i950 Processor, all memory chips are working fine with i950 Processor, and Shows 24 GB in BIOS and in windows also.

What could be the issue.

Regards,

Comment

990X is a tottally different beast than your other CPU, you will need to adjust things differently, even if you used auto then and now, or set manually then and now.

Please make a new thread, with your issues, and full specs, and fill out a template from my signature with your current full exact settings and I can help.

This is probably mainly due to uncore and QPI/Vtt adjustments being incorrect.

Comment

Forum I have just recently upgraded my UD7 mobo and outfitted it with a Prolimatech Super Mega CPU Cooler and we would like to OC the system for the first time. After much reading on the net and attempts @ OC we have found out it is more an art than science. During one of my attempts it seemed my system became slow and sluggish @ best and is still. I would like to know if there is any existing step by step document on how to OC the UD7 with an i7 920 CPU. Here is how we are currently configured.

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                      Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 LGA 1366 Bios (F7)
                      Intel Core i7 920 Bloomfield LGA 1366 45nm
                      Prolimatech Super Mega CPU Cooler
                      Gigabyte GV-R577D5-1GD-B Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT)
                      G. Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-12GBRM
                      Corsair TX 750w
                      (1) Seagate 1.5 tr Barracuda
                      (1) Seagate 1.0 tr Barracuda
                      (2) Sony Optiarc AD-7241S
                      Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
                      View Sonic X Series VX2433wm

Once Again Thank You in advance for the help and mentoring

Ernie
                      Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                      Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 LGA 1366 Bios (F8)
                      Intel Core i7 920 Bloomsfeild LGA 1366 45nm
                      G. Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-12GB
                      Corsair TX 750w
                      Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
                      ViewSonic X Series VX2433wm

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                        Please try to find another PS/2 keyboard and see if that fails to work in BIOS/Qflash as well.

If so, it's likely a BIOS bug, and you should try going back to F7 or F8 and then report this issue so they can look into it and see if it's a BIOS bug or something possibly on your end.
                        Tried a different KB same problem. Ive even did what artdrivers suggested same problem.

How do I contact Gigabyte about this issue? The board is not under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezz1r View Post
                          Forum I have just recently upgraded my UD7 mobo and outfitted it with a Prolimatech Super Mega CPU Cooler and we would like to OC the system for the first time. After much reading on the net and attempts @ OC we have found out it is more an art than science. During one of my attempts it seemed my system became slow and sluggish @ best and is still. I would like to know if there is any existing step by step document on how to OC the UD7 with an i7 920 CPU. Here is how we are currently configured.

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                          Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 LGA 1366 Bios (F7)
                          Intel Core i7 920 Bloomfield LGA 1366 45nm
                          G. Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-12GBRM
                          Corsair TX 750w
                          Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
                          View Sonic X Series VX2433wm

Once Again Thank You in advance for the help and mentoring

Ernie
                          Please make a new post with all your info, and then grab a template from my signature and tell us what you'd like to achieve.

Then we'll advise back some settings to try.

Originally posted by ZeroOne View Post
                          Tried a different KB same problem. Ive even did what artdrivers suggested same problem.

How do I contact Gigabyte about this issue? The board is not under warranty.
                          If you are past warranty they wont be able to help you. They will troubleshoot with you though, just not RMA.

You can contact them for troubleshooting help here
                          GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Why don't you just flash back to F7 or F8? A keyboard is not needed as you can use the autoexec file to make it automatic. Or you could flash from windows, but I'd suggest you use DOS

Comment

Hey all, I just finished building my first PC. Here's what I have:

i7 2600k
                            Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3
                            G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600MHz 2X4GB
                            2 EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked
                            Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1T Hard Drive
                            Corsair Performance 3 Series 128GB
                            Corsair CMPSU-1200AX
                            COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
                            HAF 932

Here's my problem/s: The PC DOES post and everything seems fine but sometimes when it reaches the GA logo screen it shuts down and restarts on its own. On the restart its fine and I can navigate the BIO's normally. I haven't attempted to install the OS yet because I want to figure this problem out first.
                            Also when I hit the reset button the PC shuts down completely (not like my other PC's where you can hear the fans still spinning and does not shut down completely) for couple of seconds then restarts. Is this normal? A couple of times though it did restart in the way I'm used to...

Is there an easy to follow guide somewhere to assist in BIOS set up for the P67A-UD7-B3 for a noob like me? It's pretty daunting staring at all those screens....

Comment

All sounds normal to me, since you don't have an OS installed. I could be wrong though, don't usually run with no disks so I'm not 100% sure what's to be expected.

There is a sticky guides in this section, I posted the initial post but the guides are by Miahallen, it should help you get started

Comment

Hey ZeroOne
                                That motherboard has a Dual Bios you may want to try forcing the backup BIOS to write to the primary BIOS. If you PM Lsdmeasap he may instruct you on this. I think it just requires a jumper wire. I believe it helps to have the motherboard out of the case for this as well.
                                DualBIOSTM Plus
                                BIOS crash free protection with DualBIOSTMand Xpress BIOS Rescue
                                ( GA-965P-DQ6 and GA-965P-DS4 only )
                                Virtual DualBIOS
                                BIOS crash free protection with physical BIOS and Xpress BIOS Rescue
                                BIOS Setting Recovery
                                Recoverable safe and frequently used CMOS settings
                                Safe is the key feature of GIGABYTE S-series motherboards with the following elements: Excellent hardware design reinforced BIOS protection through GIGABYTE Virtual Dual BIOS Technology and GIGABYTE BIOS Setting Recovery Technology. Unique system software such as Xpress Recovery 2, PC Health Monitor, HDD S.M.A.R.T., and C.O.M. further strengthen the stability and reliability of your PC!...more
                                Last edited by artdrivers; 03-19-2011, 11:22 PM.
                                http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                                http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                                Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                                Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                                Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                                4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                                (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                                (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                                (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                                Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                                Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                                2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                                Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                                Logitech G500 USB mouse
                                Monitor: CMV937A
                                7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                                Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Working...
                                X