Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

tried to boot into safe mode but no go... booting with the last known configuration was a no go as well. trying a window installation repair. Definately a driver issue jut wish I could remember the non critical updates were. I don't think I lost anything as it wanted my password and accepted it
    Last edited by Pville; 10-10-2010, 07:14 PM.
    Windows8 Pro 64 bit
    Antec EA650 Power Supply
    ASRock Z-77 Extreme 4
    I5 3570K
    8 gig of HyperX 1600 DDR3
    Kingston HyperX 3K 240 gig SSD
    ASUS DirectCU II TOP GTX 660
    Cooler Master Storm Scout case

Comment

the system reserved partion is now c: and my files are now on the d:
      What is that about?
      Windows8 Pro 64 bit
      Antec EA650 Power Supply
      ASRock Z-77 Extreme 4
      I5 3570K

Comment

That sounds normal, windows 7 makes a hidden partition during the install unless you made your own partitions previously.

Since you are getting to the swirling balls but no further, are you sure you have the BIOS set to RAID Still? Check to be sure, at the top part of the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page for the Intel controller.

Also, go ahead and run another startup repair from the disk, sometimes you have to do that twice so it can fix things.

Comment

Tried a lot of things, nothing worked. I was able to put one of the drives into my wifes computer and get all the files off. I will now reinstall everything. At least I didn't loose the info. Think I'll go with a Raid 0 configuration this time/
          Windows8 Pro 64 bit
          Antec EA650 Power Supply
          ASRock Z-77 Extreme 4
          I5 3570K

Comment

Ohh wow!! So you were using RAID 1 then? Sorry I assumed RAID 0, otherwise I would have told you that you could just put one disk on another PC and get your files.

Sorry man! RAID 1 you can do that, RAID 0 you cannot.

Comment

Yeah, I had always set it up as a Raid 1. But I have decided to go Raid 0 this time to see if I get a noticable performance differnce. I hope to get an SSD early next year to boost the overall speed.
              Windows8 Pro 64 bit
              Antec EA650 Power Supply
              ASRock Z-77 Extreme 4
              I5 3570K

Comment

• Won't boot up problem.

Hi there, if I'm in the wrong area then can someone please redirect me.

I have a problem;
                System is Intel i7 CPU;
                GA-EX58-UD3R motherboard.
                KingstonDDR3 RAM, 6 gig.
                OCZ500MXSP power supply.

I put the system together in September 2009 and it has happily worked fine until last week.
                I switch on, it fires up for a couple of seconds and then powers down for a similar period and then starts again. On/off/on/off ad infinitum.
                After eliminating everything else I concluded the problem was the motherboard so bought a new one.
                This worked fine for 5 hours and then, after switching it off, the identical problem returned.
                Can anyone help me on this ? I don't know what to do next.
                Cheers
                Eric Thacker (UK)

Comment

• Re: Won't boot up problem.

Originally posted by ecca View Post
                  Hi there, if I'm in the wrong area then can someone please redirect me.

I have a problem;
                  System is Intel i7 CPU;
                  GA-EX58-UD3R motherboard.
                  KingstonDDR3 RAM, 6 gig.
                  OCZ500MXSP power supply.

I put the system together in September 2009 and it has happily worked fine until last week.
                  I switch on, it fires up for a couple of seconds and then powers down for a similar period and then starts again. On/off/on/off ad infinitum.
                  After eliminating everything else I concluded the problem was the motherboard so bought a new one.
                  This worked fine for 5 hours and then, after switching it off, the identical problem returned.
                  Can anyone help me on this ? I don't know what to do next.
                  Cheers
                  Eric Thacker (UK)
                  you need to test with another brand of psu,i see a few users have problems with certain ocz psu's,im not saying that this is the cause or that all ocz psu's are bad but please try and test with a different one to eliminate it andthen move on to other things
                  try clearing the cmos aswell by removing the mb battery for 30mins just to be 100% sure then put back in and try
                  Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                  Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                  Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                  Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                  1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                  1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                  Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                  Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                  K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                  L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                  Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                  Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for swift reply.
                    I've tried several power supplies, all produce the same result.
                    I'll take the battery out tonight.
                    Cheers
                    Eric

Comment

Me again, I've removed the back up battery for 30mins, re-installed it and the situation is exactly the same.
                      What next ?
                      Cheers
                      Eric thacker

Comment

Me again, I've removed the back up battery for 30mins, re-installed it and the situation is exactly the same.
                        What next ?
                        Cheers
                        Eric thacker
                        i cant think what it could be as youve tried other psu's,you could try setting it up outside the case on wooden table or cardboard box just to see if its not shorting when inside the case
                        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Thanks for reply. It isn't a short or anything obvious.
                          In Googling this problem it's a common one, so far without solution.
                          I'm considering replacing the motherboard with an Asus one.
                          Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
                          Eric Thacker

Comment

Thanks for reply. It isn't a short or anything obvious.
                            In Googling this problem it's a common one, so far without solution.
                            I'm considering replacing the motherboard with an Asus one.
                            Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
                            Eric Thacker
                            is this the second mb to fail? both ud3's? you need to rma it again if its under warranty,maybe try a ud5 or ud4? i have an asus p6x58d-e mb too and its ok but my ud5 seems to be that bit better regarding oc'ing and power saving but its up to you,maybe try with a different psu from ocz when you get your next gigabyte mb,maybe it blew somethingon the mb? idk

also have you tried with another gpu? that would cause it to cycle too
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Hello,
                              I need some assistance with a GA-EX58-UD3R (Rev 1.0) board. This board was manufactured in 09 week 19. I recently purchased some new components for a second build with updated components. My problem is POST fails and I get a beep code that specifies a "power error". The PSU is brand new and to my understanding compatible with the board. I have tried many suggestions in order to get into BIOS but nothing works. All fans run and the phase LED's fully light up indicating max load on processor, only a few seconds after the beep code sounds. Is it possible that the older BIOS and the new i7 950 3.06 processor could be the problem, the gigabyte web site does indicate processor as compatible but with the F6 BIOS. Here are my system components. GA-EX58-UD3R (Rev 1.0)BIOS F1
                              Intel i7 950 3.06GHz w/intel heatsink fan
                              Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W PSU
                              Gigabyte GeForce GTS 450 1G-GV-N450-1GI PCI-E 2.0
                              Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1.5v TR3X6G1333C9 (2Gx3 kit)
                              WD 1TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 64MB Cache WD10EARS
                              Samsung BluRay internal SATA w/lightscribe SH-B083L/RSBP
                              2 Coolermaster 120mm fans
                              Windows 7 HP 64b(not yet installed)
                              Coolermaster Elite 334 SE Nvidia case
                              Any insight will be greatly appreciated!
                              Thanks C.

Comment

Yes, that is very likely the issue!

You need an older CPU such as 920 to post with so you can update the BIOS to F6 so it will be compatible with your 960 CPU.

How do you know BIOS F1 is flashed in there now?

Comment

Working...
                                X