Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I assume you get the red warning about failed overclock too? This mean the settings did not take and some known working settings are used.
    Best create a new thread, post the settings and ppl might be able to advise.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      I assume you get the red warning about failed overclock too? This mean the settings did not take and some known working settings are used.
      Best create a new thread, post the settings and ppl might be able to advise.

I know what you say, but no, no red warning.
      Everything seems to be OK, only reading memory voltage is wrong.

I intended to start a new thread, perhaps now is the right time...
      MBO:EP45-DQ6, CPU:Q9650 @ 4,00 GHz, Cooler:IFX-14 + 2x120 mm, RAM:OCZ PC2-8500 Reaper HPC 2x2 GB
      HDD:2 x WD 640 AAKS, GPU:Sapphire HD4870 + scythe musashi, PSU:Corsair VX450, MON:Asus VW221D

Comment

Tonight, when I turned on the computer, something very strange happened:

the RAM voltage shown in Easytune6 is OK now

now I do not understand anything
        MBO:EP45-DQ6, CPU:Q9650 @ 4,00 GHz, Cooler:IFX-14 + 2x120 mm, RAM:OCZ PC2-8500 Reaper HPC 2x2 GB
        HDD:2 x WD 640 AAKS, GPU:Sapphire HD4870 + scythe musashi, PSU:Corsair VX450, MON:Asus VW221D

Comment

Ok i have a small question, there is an "Intel INF installation" Driver located in the list of win 7 64 Bit drivers for the EX58 Extreme. should i install this? i know its kinda of a lame question but when i read the Read Me document it said its for Intel Motherboards, should i install this for my EX58 Extreme? or will it cause problems?

Comment

Hello Gigabyte Tech Support.

I bought a new cpu for my motherboard, and I suspect I might have buggered the Mobo.

Mobo: GA-MA790X-DS4 (I don't know what revision the bios is flashed to).
            Old Cpu = AMD X2 7750 BE. I was using this for about a year.
            New Cpu = AMD X4 940 3Ghz.

K, let me run through what I have done.

I removed the overclock on my old cpu, and set all bios settings to optimized.

Then I powered down the pc, left the power connected to the mains (earthed, but off).

I removed the old HSF and cpu.

I put in the new cpu and HSF. I had to move both my ram sticks, to fit in my new HSF. I think I made the mistake of not flashing my bios up to revision f6. I thought that all I needed to do, was put in the new cpu, and it would work but not be identified. Then I could flash it, so that the new cpu would be identified. I powered it on, and I was getting long beeps, and getting no further with the boot up. Long beeps was meant to mean that the GPU wasnt being connected properly, well it was.

I then put my old cpu and HSF back into the mobo, and powered on the pc. This time all the fans power up, the GPU powers on, my audio card powers on. But I don't get any sound from the mobo. No beeps, nothing. I get a red light on my audio and video card, I assume that means the mobo isnt talking to them. The HD does spin.

I have tried removing the CMOS battery, and puttting a metal object between the pins. But nothing is happening. I get no beep, and nothing on the monitor.

Does this mean I've confused and killed the mobo?

Thanks very much,

phufbq

Comment

• Linux and X58_UD7

Having problems installing Linux or even running off the DISK only..What am I doing wrong or not doing..Do I have to change something in the BIOS?!!.. Help please

Comment

For the question i had in this post : http://forums.tweaktown.com/303028-post426.html

The answer that Gigabyte Technical Support gave is that :

The item "Memory Controller Volt." is the same with CPU-NB VID, but as they said this is "Processor Dependent" and that it cannot be set to values above the default, only minus.

As per pages 30-31 of "AMD Family 10h Processor Bios & Kernel Developer Guide" the function that is used for controlling the CPU-NB VID is controlled in two ways depending on the regulator interface (parallel/serial) and are computed based on the max attainable value for 10h Processor Family, 1.55V.

I am quite dissapointed by GB's Tech Support answer. Since the same processor on different board does have the ability of increasing CPU-NB Voltage up to 1.55 as per AMD's Developer Guide, i cannot see any reason to tell to someone that this ability is "Processor Dependent" and not "BIOS Code Dependent".

I think that this could be easily modified within a BIOS Upgrade by an experienced BIOS programmer.

I also asked for Windows 7 & Windows Vista Raid Drivers for my board, since the provided in the official board's download page do not include drivers for board's SB600, instead they have SB7xx folder inside. I was redirected to AMD/ATI for drivers....

Any comment appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

Hi felix w
                  Are you still refering to a GA-MA790X-DS4? Did you upgrade your cpu?
                  Here is a RAID driver for Windows 7 64bit and SB600
                  Here is the driver you require my friend. I suggest you do a clean install of win7 and select the drivers when prompted to browze. Obviously you need to have integrated perepset in the BIOS the SATA to "RAID"
                  Code:
                  Integrated Peripherals
                  �� IDE Configuration [Press Enter]
                  OnChip SATA Controller [[COLOR="DarkRed"]Enabled[/COLOR]]
                  OnChip SATA Type [[COLOR="DarkRed"]RAID[/COLOR]]
                  Onboard Audio Function [Auto]
                  Onboard 1394 Function [Enabled]
                  Onboard LAN Function [Enabled]
                  Onboard LAN Boot ROM [Disabled]
                  �� SMART LAN [Press Enter]
                  OnChip USB Controller [Enabled]
                  USB EHCI Controller [Enabled]
                  USB Keyboard Support [Disabled]
                  USB Mouse Support [Disabled]
                  Legacy USB storage detect [Enabled]
                  Onboard Serial Port 1 [3F8/IRQ4]
                  Onboard Parallel Port [378/IRQ7]
                  Parallel Port Mode [SPP]
                  x ECP Mode Use DMA 3

Be sure to follow the Vista instructions in your motherboard manual Section 5
                  When prompted do not allow windows to search for the best RAID driver browse your media for it. Or point the Windows 7 to it.
                  Your manual PDF may take time to download.

CPU-NB VID can be adjusted through bios on Phenom II's and Athlon II's and AM3 motherboards. I'm not sure on the SB600 though. I have a older AMD Phenom x4 9600 BE & a GA-MA78GM-S2H (SB700). I do adjust the CPU-NB VID in Windows through a program and it works quite well actually. Here is a link to the program ----->
                  PhenomMsrTweaker: Cool & Quiet customized
                  Last edited by artdrivers; 01-07-2010, 11:59 AM.
                  http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                  http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                  Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                  Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                  Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                  4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                  (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                  (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                  (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                  Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                  Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                  2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                  Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                  Logitech G500 USB mouse
                  Monitor: CMV937A
                  7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                  Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Originally posted by artdrivers View Post
                    Hi felix w
                    Are you still refering to a GA-MA790X-DS4? Did you upgrade your cpu?
                    Here is a RAID driver for Windows 7 64bit and SB600
                    Here is the driver you require my friend. I suggest you do a clean install of win7 and select the drivers when prompted to browze. Obviously you need to have integrated perepset in the BIOS the SATA to "RAID"
                    Code:
                    Integrated Peripherals
                    �� IDE Configuration [Press Enter]
                    OnChip SATA Controller [[COLOR=DarkRed]Enabled[/COLOR]]
                    OnChip SATA Type [[COLOR=DarkRed]RAID[/COLOR]]
                    Onboard Audio Function [Auto]
                    Onboard 1394 Function [Enabled]
                    Onboard LAN Function [Enabled]
                    Onboard LAN Boot ROM [Disabled]
                    �� SMART LAN [Press Enter]
                    OnChip USB Controller [Enabled]
                    USB EHCI Controller [Enabled]
                    USB Keyboard Support [Disabled]
                    USB Mouse Support [Disabled]
                    Legacy USB storage detect [Enabled]
                    Onboard Serial Port 1 [3F8/IRQ4]
                    Onboard Parallel Port [378/IRQ7]
                    Parallel Port Mode [SPP]
                    x ECP Mode Use DMA 3
                    http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/63233/RAI...n7%20SB600.zip
                    Be sure to follow the Vista instructions in your motherboard manual Section 5
                    When prompted do not allow windows to search for the best RAID driver browse your media for it. Or point the Windows 7 to it.
                    Your manual PDF may take time to download.

CPU-NB VID can be adjusted through bios on Phenom II's and Athlon II's and AM3 motherboards. I'm not sure on the SB600 though. I have a older AMD Phenom x4 9600 BE & a GA-MA78GM-S2H (SB700). I do adjust the CPU-NB VID in Windows through a program and it works quite well actually. Here is a link to the program ----->
                    PhenomMsrTweaker: Cool & Quiet customized
                    Hi artdrivers,

thank you for your fast reply.
                    I currently use drivers 2.501.1540.48 from DFI 790FX-M2RS during installation of Win 7. I tried with 2.5.1540.47 provided by Gigabyte for Vista x64 but results were not good.

The ones you provided are (if i am correct) from AMD Game forums. I am sure that whoever modded them for Win 7 had a good intention and maybe did a good job, but i guess that that's GByte's & Amd's responsibility. And sure, when the product was out Win 7 did not exist, but everyone else provides support for Win7 or at least gives some info...

As for CPU-NB VID, the option "Memory Controller Volt." does not appear in Bios screens in manual, probably because it was a later added feature for Phenom II. SB600 sure provides this ability, because other boards with SB600 provide this feature (e.g.DFI Lanparty UT 790FX-M2R, Asus) and since they give the option for lowering the values, i wonder what would keep them from giving the option for overvolting a bit..
                    Memory Controller Volt. = CPU-NB VID , as per Gigabyte's Technical Support.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

I can't lower or raise CPU-NB VID voltage with the BIOS on my motherboard due to the Phenom CPU I have. I use PhenomMsrTweaker v1.2 in Windows and it works quite well. It also allows me to raise and lower the cpu multipliers on each core. I just thought you might like to try it.
                      Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                      Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

Originally posted by artdrivers View Post
                        I can't lower or raise CPU-NB VID voltage with the BIOS on my motherboard due to the Phenom CPU I have. I use PhenomMsrTweaker v1.2 in Windows and it works quite well. It also allows me to raise and lower the cpu multipliers on each core. I just thought you might like to try it.
                        Indeed Phenom I had minimal voltage tweaks compared to their successors. I have used K10Stat91 before which does almost the same thing with PhenomMrsTweaker. I guess that K10stat development stopped at some point ant PhenomMrsTweaker is more up-to-date.
                        Thank you for your suggestion, artdivers, i really appreciate your help.

I have tried with CPU-NB VID at "Auto" and it seems that i can reach 2.4GHz NB with the default voltage of 1.175V. Not bad...

Comment

Yeah I like that program (PhenomMrsTweaker) for the voltage tweak alone.
                          Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                          Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

Hi,

I am quite new to the overclocking community; however, I have read up on things for about a good week now. Unfortunately, I have been experiencing problems one after the other from a defective video card to now my problem with running my RAM at the rated stock speed. I have 12gb of Corsair Dominator GT which is suppose to run tripple channel at 2000mhz 7-8-7-20 timing.

Hardware:
                            PSU Antec 1200watt
                            i7 975 cpu extreme
                            12GB Dominator GT 2000mhz
                            2 Seagate XT 2Tb
                            2 5970 Asus
                            Gigabyte x58A-UD7

Problem: I have simply tried to get 6gb to run at the stock speed, but my system becomes unstable after I pass 1333 RAM Frequency. I can boot up at 2000 mhz but I can't pass memtest for the life of me. Moreover, I can not push my memory pass 12x multiplier or my system does not boot. The XMP profile causes my system to be unbootable as well since the multiplier gets set over 12x. My CPU can be pushed fine as long as I keep Vcore at 1.35 it runs up to 4.2 with no problem, but whenever I try to get my RAM pass 1333 either by increasing bclck or multiplier I run into all sorts of problems.

Things I have tried: I have tried pushing my base clock down and pushing my multipliers up and also have tried pushing my base clock up and pushing my multipliers down. I have tweaked with voltages bringing my QPI/VTT up to 1.59 (as suggested by a Corsair tech support) but still no stability. I ran memtest on every single module testing 2000mhz and only one failed so that one module needs to be RMA. But, when I put in 3 modules that passed singly at 2000mhz I can't get pass 1333 without failing memtest in tr channel. Corsair tech support says my motherboard can't handle 2000mhz tri channel, but I see on almost every forum guys running there RAM on this motherboard 12gb at 2000mhz. Moreoever, I know that this motherboard can at least support 3 modules at 1600, but I can't even get 1474 or something to be stable. I need help very badly, I do not know if I need to get another motherboard or RMA my ram or <FACE-PALM>because I have been messing things up in the bios. Essentially I do not know what is going on, I have been working on this system to get it stable for 2 weeks now and am going simply crazy. Thank You in advance for your time and help, if you are able.

Comment

• bios virtualization option not available GA-P35

I recently intalled new intel E3200 cpu with VT however when I go in
                              to bios the option to enable it is missing. According to the manual it should be listed under Advanced BIOS features. Do I need to flash bios?

MB is GA-P35-DS3L V2.0 AWARD bios 11/05/07 6A790G0TC-00

Thank you...

Comment

• Re: bios virtualization option not available GA-P35

Originally posted by luffwoolly View Post
                                I recently intalled new intel E3200 cpu with VT however when I go in
                                to bios the option to enable it is missing. According to the manual it should be listed under Advanced BIOS features. Do I need to flash bios?

MB is GA-P35-DS3L V2.0 AWARD bios 11/05/07 6A790G0TC-00

Thank you...
                                MB CPU Support list lists F9 as BIOS supporting your CPU so you probably should.
                                Also F1 BIOS, first release for the MB is dated 2007/06/1, is that what you have?
                                Do not use @BIOS, flash with Q-Flash

Comment

Working...
                                X