Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

I have put together a new configuration with Intel i7-2600K 3.4GHz sandy bridge 1155 processor, Asrock P67 Extreme Gen3 motherboard, EVGA GeForce GTX 560 video card, Mushkin Blackline 8 Gb Ram( 4GB each), samsung 830 series 128Gb ssd and western digital caviar black 1 TB hdd with windows 7 ultimate edition. For a month my pc has been working fine but all of a sudden my pc won't progress further from post and shows code 59 on Dr. Debug. In manual codes explanation is: CPU micro code is not found or micro code update is failed. I have tried resetting cmos by "clrCMOS" button, by jumper and even took the battery on motherboard out but still keep getting this code. I have exhausted my research on this code and have not been able to find any explanations on this one. Since the pc had been working for a month and no new hardware is installed, I don't understand the cause of this error. Please help

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      I have put together a new configuration with Intel i7-2600K 3.4GHz sandy bridge 1155 processor, Asrock P67 Extreme Gen3 motherboard, EVGA GeForce GTX 560 video card, Mushkin Blackline 8 Gb Ram( 4GB each), samsung 830 series 128Gb ssd and western digital caviar black 1 TB hdd with windows 7 ultimate edition. For a month my pc has been working fine but all of a sudden my pc won't progress further from post and shows code 59 on Dr. Debug. In manual codes explanation is: CPU micro code is not found or micro code update is failed. I have tried resetting cmos by "clrCMOS" button, by jumper and even took the battery on motherboard out but still keep getting this code. I have exhausted my research on this code and have not been able to find any explanations on this one. Since the pc had been working for a month and no new hardware is installed, I don't understand the cause of this error. Please help
      Shut down your PC.
      Disconnect the power cord.
      Press and hold the clear CMOS button on the back of the computer for about 10 seconds.
      Reconnect power cord and power on the PC.

If the above didnt work try Memtest.
      Intel 3960X
      Intel 2600K CPU
      Asus X79 Sabertooth Mobo
      Asus Z77 Fatal1ty One Professional
      Asus 980GTX Matrix
      AMD 290X Matrix
      CORSAIR DOMINATOR 32gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
      CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
      Samsung 1TB 850 Pro and 1.5 TB WD Black Data Drive
      512 Samsung 850 Pro SSD and 256 Sandisk Extreme Pro 960gb SSD Data drive
      Corsair 1200W AX Modular Corsair AX850W Modular PSU
      Corsair Obsidian 800D Case Corsair Obsidian 650D Case
      Swiftech H20-330 Edge Kit Cooling Corsair H-60 Enclosed Water Kit
      Corsair H-100 Enclosed Loop in PC2
      Windows 7 64 bit Windows 7 64 bit Professional

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        I have tried pressing clrCMOS button and rebooted but to no avail, also I have booted system with no RAM in memory module which resulted in getting Dr. Debug code 53 as expected and have tried booting up with all 4 memory slots with all possible configurations and it still gives me code 59.

Comment

May I ask why is this forum listed on the Asrock website as an official support forum when there is no support provided here what so ever????
          I have also opened a ticket to Asrock TSD from the main site but they didn't answer to that as well and this was not the first time.

There are many times when there are no are solutions to the issues one is facing with a product but the fact the Asrock support doesn't even try to help the people here is simply outrageous.
          Asrock is many times stated as the cheaper but equally good alternative to the other big brands but now I see it comes with the price of total lack of customer support.

Comment

• Need help with new build

Have new computer for gaming.

Its my 5th one I have built (Not a rookie).

The MB is an ASROCK Z77 extreme6.

It gets a A2 error on startup.

HAVE not loaded win 7 or anything.

Have removed and reinstalled VC to make sure its seated properly as well as all cables.
            Still no luck?
            How do I diagnose this problem?
            THANKS,
            Rob

[email protected]

Comment

• 990FX Extreme3 compatibility with Corsair Dominator series?

Hi,

I want to buy an ASRock motherboard, which is the 990FX Extreme3 socket AM3+ - ASRock > Products > 990FX Extreme3
              But when I look at the memory support list here ASRock > Products > 990FX Extreme3 I found out that Corsair Dominator series is not listed there.
              Does this mean that all Dominators will NOT work with Extreme3 board, or does this mean that it MAY work, but nobody in ASRock tests that yet??

Thanks for any comments..

Cheers!

Comment

Motherboard manufacturers can't test every brand and model of memory for any motherboard model.
                Your best bet is to contact Corsair tech support and/or check the Corsair memory forum for a setup that includes the memory and motherboard that you want to buy. With luck, there will be one or more forum members that can report if they have identical hardware.
                It's possible that ASRock tech support can test the same memory and motherboard and report back to you.

Which specific Corsair Dominator modules to you want to buy? How many memory modules? Total memory amount?
                Which cpu do you plan on buying?
                Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
                  Motherboard manufacturers can't test every brand and model of memory for any motherboard model.
                  Your best bet is to contact Corsair tech support and/or check the Corsair memory forum for a setup that includes the memory and motherboard that you want to buy. With luck, there will be one or more forum members that can report if they have identical hardware.
                  It's possible that ASRock tech support can test the same memory and motherboard and report back to you.

Which specific Corsair Dominator modules to you want to buy? How many memory modules? Total memory amount?
                  Which cpu do you plan on buying?
                  The Corsair modules I want to buy is CMP8GX3M2A1600C9 -
                  It contains 2 x 4GB modules, so the total is 8GB.
                  About the processor, I'm considering either AMD Bulldozer FX-4100 or Phenom II X4 955.

I just find from Learn & Explore that CMP8GX3M2A1600C9 did not come up as one of the results, but CMP8GX3M2A1600C8 came up. But if CMP8GX3M2A1600C8 works, CMP8GX3M2A1600C9 should work as well, right?

Comment

@jodix
                    Without checking the specs for each kit you listed, the C8 kit is probably Cas 8, while the first kit is Cas 9.
                    Don't assume that all Dominator models are necessarily compatible.

You will save yourself a lot of possible grief if Corsair tech support can verify that the kit you want is fully compatible with your motherboard choice with either of the cpu's you will buy. Another alternative is to find a motherboard or memory review from a reputable website that tested with the exact same memory and motherboard.

Otherwise you takes your chances.
                    Maybe you win, maybe you lose.

Many memory modules have very tall heat-spreaders, make sure that you don't end up memory that is too tall for your cpu heatsink.
                    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
                      @jodix
                      Without checking the specs for each kit you listed, the C8 kit is probably Cas 8, while the first kit is Cas 9.
                      Don't assume that all Dominator models are necessarily compatible.

You will save yourself a lot of possible grief if Corsair tech support can verify that the kit you want is fully compatible with your motherboard choice with either of the cpu's you will buy. Another alternative is to find a motherboard or memory review from a reputable website that tested with the exact same memory and motherboard.

Otherwise you takes your chances.
                      Maybe you win, maybe you lose.

Many memory modules have very tall heat-spreaders, make sure that you don't end up memory that is too tall for your cpu heatsink.
                      hmm.. the problem is that i can't find any store nearby who sell C8 yet. i guess i'll have to take my chances this time.
                      thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by jodix View Post
                        hmm.. the problem is that i can't find any store nearby who sell C8 yet. i guess i'll have to take my chances this time.
                        thank you all!
                        Good luck, let us know how you make out with your new memory.

Comment

Just bought my first ASRock board, and so far it has worked great. I then checked on the ASRock forums for their products, and found they don't have one of their own. There are three external sites that provide a forum for ASRock, including this one, thanks to TweakTown for that BTW.

Regardless, this is disappointing, mainly because of the lack of involvement by ASRock itself. It's also reflects negatively upon ASRock, it makes them look like a small company that can't afford their own site. I will say the FAQ info on ASRock's site is better than most mother board manufactures, but it did not happen to address my questions.

I can't think of any major PC product manufacture that does not have their own web site, I am not impressed. As has been pointed out in this thread, the support person from ASR hasn't posted here in a long time. Sad for us and ASRock.

Comment

• Asrock Z77 Extreme4 USB 3.0 issues

Hello

I just bought an Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard, all is great about this motherboard except for the fact that the USB 3.0 is not working well in my end.

I've installed all the required drivers in which downloaded from the Asrock site (chipset, LAN, USB 3.0, etc) installation went smoothly and no problem occurred.

The next day, the problem started to come out. USB 3.0 port cannot detect my mouse. I have to plug it to another USB port to use my mouse. This happens everyday, once I boot my system, my mouse isn't recognized and I have to move it to another USB port. I've flashed my BIOS to the latest, and to no avail, same thing happens. I've done reinstalling chipset drivers and USB 3.0 drivers and still it's the same

any solution or workaround for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak View Post
                              The ASRock Technical Support forum is now open and ready for posts!

Please welcome Sean from ASRock who will be here to answer your tech questions related to all ASRock products.

When posting questions, please provide as much info as possible such as full system specs, what operating system and drivers you are using and please describe your problem as full as possible.

This is also an area you can discuss upcoming ASRock products and we will also conduct giveaways and competitions in here from time to time as well. ASRock may also share early BIOS updates and drivers with you here as well.

hey there hope you could answer my little problem im trying to get win 7 on my AM2NF3-VSTA ive updated the bios and had a great install no problems but cant get it to recognise my radeon hd 3850 drivers am i missing a motherboard driver for this or am i just gonna have to accept my agp system is old and stick with xp . beer can make evrything better in the end id needs be lol

Comment

Hello ForumI am Jan Holm from Denmark. I have a AsRock ION 330 N, where I have problems with LAN.Is this the right forum? I don't find anything when searching with keywords like "ION/330/ion AND 330"Jan

Comment

Working...
                                X