Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Hello TweakTown Geeks, I have a question. I am planning on purchasing an FX 8150 8 core Processor to complete my new<nobr id="itxthook1w2nobr" class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr" style="float: none; left: auto; right: auto; top: auto; bottom: auto; border: none; background-color: transparent; position: static; white-space: normal; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">computer</nobr> build. For memory I am using Adata DDR3 2000. On my 990FX Extreme 4 Motherboard will this combination "Play Nice" together? As in will I be able to run my memory at manufacturers specs of 2000 Mhz? Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Comment

You ask useless question. RAM will be clocked at speeds which is in SPD chip, and when it support XMP (extreme memory profile), you must turn this ON in bios itself. Motherboard must support XMP too. Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
        WRONG!!
        ASRock TSD - Emily responds to posts from time to time and helps troubleshoot issues.

A very common problem is that the poster does not take the time to create a detailed hardware list with brand names and model numbers.
        We are not mind readers.
        Providing detailed information about your system will save time and possible errors.
        It is a waste of everyone's time when you only list your information in the first post.
        Many of us are helping in many threads at the same time and don't have time or patience to go searching back through the thread to try to find the hardware details.

You should create a new thread with a meaningful title that briefly describes the problem and includes the motherboard (or other hardware) model name.

We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the PC Specs portion of your
        forum profile http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile.php?do=editprofile at the bottom of the
        profile page or in your forum signature http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile....=editsignature.
        Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.
        You're right, I should have written thread when I wrote forum. Let's look at my post again...

Sean has not posted in this thread or forum for a very long time. What happened to him? We have no idea. Don't bother waiting for a reply from him or anyone else from ASRock in this thread, that will not happen, sorry to say.

Your best option is posting a new post/thread about your issue in the forum itself, and you might get some help from another forum member. ASRock is NOT reading or responding to anything in this forum. Good Luck!

You referred to my last sentence above, and so am I. I'm glad that we agree about the best method to get some assistance by posting a new thread, with detailed system information.

My main point is that Sean is no longer posting in this thread and forum. Is it wrong to tell people that they are waiting for a response in this thread from Sean that will never come? Is it wrong to put people on a better path, so they will get help and not become upset with ASRock?

It's been three weeks since I posted in this thread, and since then there has been 12 posts in it, most of them addressed to Sean. Is it wrong to inform people that they are addressing no one? How would you feel if you discovered you did the same thing?

Yes, ASRock TSD Emily does post in this forum. As of writing this, she did three days ago.

IMO, this thread should be closed, as it is serving no purpose, except to aggravate ASRock customers. A new sticky could be added, to instruct people how to get help in this forum, as you described in your post. Doesn't someone at ASRock know how to be courteous and show respect towards their customers?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post

IMO, this thread should be closed, as it is serving no purpose, except to aggravate ASRock customers. A new sticky could be added, to instruct people how to get help in this forum, as you described in your post. Doesn't someone at ASRock know how to be courteous and show respect towards their customers?
          I completely agree, I registered just to get help from Asrock support staff as I can find no other place (asrock homepage points here for support! :rolleyes:) ! thank you for your post as I now know not to waste my time here. :)

Comment

• Re: ASROCK X79 Fatal1ty Champion X79 - 3-WAY SLI SUPPORT nvidia PCI-E 3.0 support?

b

Comment

asrock z68 extreme3 gen3 drivers will update to windows 8?
              what is difference between virtu mvp in z68 and z77?
              thanks

Comment

• Re: AsRock Z77 Memory Support Question / overclocking query.

Hello,
                I have recently upgraded to a Z77 Extreme4 motherboard. My question regards my system memory/ram. The stock memory clock on this board is 1333mhz. My Corsair Dominator GT is 2133 mhz @ 1.5v. When I attempt to adjust the mhz in bios to the 2133mhz point. My system encounters blue screens on reboot. My question is: Would someone mind providing a guide on overclocking my memory to 2133mhz. Do I need to adjust the voltage? Thank you.

Comment

im having a problem on playing 720 videos, it has a SH1TTY graphics(sorry for the word), it has low fps or pixelized, I already tried to change the shared vga graphics to 1gb but still no luck

I already tried changing media player, also tried to play different video that is 720p but i still get the same results

here is my system specs

Note:
                  My previous specs is
                  Intel C2D 2.13Ghz
                  4gb ddr3
                  G31 Mobo

But it can play 720/1080p movies SMOOTHLY

Current Specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
                  Intel 3470 3.2Ghz
                  2x4GB Gskill ares ddr3 1600 cl9
                  ASROCK Z68M/USB3

Comment

Hello.
                    Anyone know if the new BIOS 2.20 for z68 extreme 4, repaired the bsod A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor..."?. BlueScreenView shows bug check code of: 0x00000101.
                    So far the only way to be stable was raising the Vcore to 1165 v.
                    thanks.

Comment

This morning I discovered that my motherboard is no longer booting. I have had this machine up and running for a few months now and am hoping I don't have to replace the board. When I try to power up the PC, the PSU simply starts, spins the fans for a second, then shuts down. I have tried this with an ABS 1050 and Corsair 750 PSU. I have also done the, take it apart, pull the battery and wait route as well. There is still no change. I am not sure what to do next.

ASRock X79 Extreme9
                      i7-3820
                      16gig Corsair Vengeance
                      120gig OCZ Revo PCI-E SSD
                      ABS 1050 PSU

if you need the rest of the system I will happily relay it.

Thanks

Comment

ATTENTION ALL THOSE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!!

You'll have a much better chance of getting some help if you post a new post/thread in the main forum, below this thread.

Comment

Wow, I joined this forum specifically because Asrock list it as an official Asrock supported forum yet I only see a few replies from Emily in recent days. Nothing against Emily but Asrock doesn't have a forum of their own and a few comments here certainly doesn't constitute "official customer support", IMO. As the many posts show, Asrock customers are looking for official answers and not general troubleshooting information.

Even though many members here try to help, they certainly do not have access to the engineering data and other technical resources that Asrock tech support should have. This makes it almost impossible to get accurate technical data from Asrock as their website tech support is basically non existent in my experience. I was hoping this was finally a means to get official Asrock tech support.

This is VERY disappointing for Asrock customers and I can't imagine how Asrock expects us to support them with future purchases if they don't support us with technical / engineering information on products we currently own.

As an example, I'd like to know the CPU power supply current or wattage capacity for the Fatal1ty 990FX Professional mobo as I plan to upgrade to a Vishera FX-8350 and OC it to the max. Even though the CPU power supply circuit is 12+2 phases, that does not tell us anything about it's current capabilities or limits which have proven to be a limiting factor on some mobos when the FX 8xxx model CPUs are OC'd, because the CPU power supply is insufficient.

A 12+2 power phase CPU power supply just means that the CPU power supply RIPPLE to the CPU is reduced. It does not mean the CPU power supply capacity is significantly greated than the minimum 125w required by AMD for the AM3+ mobos. FX 8xxx CPUs draw a lot of power when OC'd above 4 GHz. and a borderline CPU power supply circuit can undermine high end overclocking efforts for current FX and Vishera model CPUs. This isn't what I would expect from the top of the line Fatal1ty Professional mobo, but it could very well be an issue.
                          Last edited by AMD4Me; 10-19-2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

hi i have a problem with Asrock fatality 990fx
                            i have assemble my pc.. but pc not loading .turn on all fans working but not loading nothing screen is empty black rams not loading . i can see it because they is with leds indicators .. whats the problem can be
                            tahnks

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you

Comment

• Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Additional VGA cards not detected.
                                Hi there, I've moved my question here in the hope of getting some input and support as I've had no luck in the general forum. Is there any ASRock support personel here to help me? :
                                I'm at a loss so thought I'd give you knowledgeable heads a go as I'm on the verge of RMA'ing my Mobo. It's been working beautifully until I tried to add a 2nd or 3rd VGA card for CrossFiring and folding. The Mobo won't recognise any other VGA cards in any but the 1st pcie slot. I've tried 2 x HD5970's and 2 x HD5870's but the 2nd cards are not detected. All the cards work fine when placed in pcie slot 1 singularly. Here's a list of what I have done so far to resolve the issue:

Updated bios - latest 2.30 installed
                                Updated Radeon drivers - latest installed
                                Re-installed all drivers
                                Re-installed OS
                                Re-seated all cards in all slots
                                Cleared cmos
                                Disabled on-board graphics in bios
                                PCIE is set to primary in bios
                                Extra Molex is connected to Mobo as per instructions
                                Disabled Vitu
                                Changed PSU
                                Checked & re-checked all connections
                                Banged my head against a wall vigourously

I've noticed that the last two bios updates from ASRock are addressing this issue, so have I bought a multi vga board that will only work with 1 vga?! I would really appreciate any input or suggestions guys, thanks in advance.

PS: I've been building PC's for years, and have never come across this issue before. Stumped.

EDIT: Anyone got any ideas? Someone from support maybe??
                                Last edited by Pat Man; 14 Hours Ago at 08:35 PM. Reason: 7 hrs later.....no replies yet.

Edit2: I have also contacted ASRock through their online support portal - as of yet I have heard nothing. I'm beginning to think that ASRock does not have even a basic customer support program judging by other threads on this forum, I hope I am proved wrong.
                                Last edited by Pat Man; 11-08-2012, 05:21 AM. Reason: Updated due to lack of support.

Comment

Working...
                                X