X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes heavy multi taskin' is were they really shine. :thumb:

Comment

• Dude ......

I just ran into someone in a forum who just built the same pc as mine part for part damm near he had 1800s and i got 1900s was the only differance realy. Anyway the poor kid had a score of like 8600 or so and was realy upset about it. I tried to ease his mind by telling him what you have told me these last couple of responces. I mean i can see why he would be upset he spent all that money and he wanted to see it get these record breaking scores! I tried to tell him to relax you most likly well get the 10k like i did but he wouldn't listen! I think the only reason I even botherd with the 3dmark was cause of the new ti4600 i added to my setup other than that i have no use for it. I mean sure id like to get a 1200 score but u know it aint going to happen with a dualy and besides if that is what you built one for then you might as well sell it and buy a machine that well put out those scores. I dont think I could ever go back after getting spoiled on this thing!
      Hell this is the first time i think ive ever been happy with a setup
      and you know how rare that is most of the time ur always wanting to upgrade somthing right? Well dude ill talk 2 you later thx again for ur responce... later...........perc.............................. ...

Comment

• Is 6300 normal for the kind of system that I have?

Comment

• Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
          Is 6300 normal for the kind of system that I have?
          Is that a g-force 3 listed in your sig? well i think the score is about right maybe might get it in the low low 7's if you tweek it a little. I know with my set up and my old G-force 3 card my stock settings with no over clocking at all i was getting a score of 6900 and when i over clocked the G-force 3 card to 240/500 then i got my scores up to about 7400 i think it was? So all in all id still say yes its good score you got there and you might could improve it by a few hundered points if you shut off some back ground programs and a few other tweeks on the card settings in your display settings tab. But always keep in mind that the 3dmark is just a bench program a tool dont confuse it with your real world performance just cause the scores arent as good as the last guys doesnt mean your computers isnt performing good? Did i say that right? Well my point is: its fine to bench your computer everyone does it but dont let that be the only thing you care about!! Hope this helps you out with your score.......... Later perc.......................

Comment

• IT did help me out alot......so basically with the scores though.....all the people that are getting in the 10k area are running GF4TI4600's and high end athlonxp's? and yes that is a geforce 3 in the signature

Comment

• Make sure that ya have any unnecessary background processes turned off as these will reduce ya score. ;)
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

• Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
                IT did help me out alot......so basically with the scores though.....all the people that are getting in the 10k area are running GF4TI4600's and high end athlonxp's? and yes that is a geforce 3 in the signature
                Close! I've seen the Ti42oo even the 64mb ones as well as the 128 model score over the 10k mark !! As far as high end athlons go your t-bird 1400 is a great cpu and i would consider it high end too so your computer specs are fine. I still think you could setle in at around 7200 or so which i think is great for a system like yours. Now a biger video card of course will bring that score even higher.. So if you look at it that way you should be able to get a good idea of the idea of your systems capablitys ... Well like i said before good luck and make sure you post them scores when ur done.. Later dude............. Perc...........

Comment

• Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
                  DirectX Version 8.1

Mobo Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation
                  Mobo Model Dimension 8200
                  AGP Rates (Current/Available) 4x / 1x 2x 4x

CPU Intel Pentium 4 1994 MHz
                  FSB 100 MHz
                  Memory 512 MB

Graphics Chipset NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200
                  Driver Name NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200
                  Driver Version 6.13.10.3030
                  Video Memory 64 MB

Program Version 3DMark2001 SE
                  Resolution 1024x768 32bit
                  Texture Format 16bit
                  FSAA Disabled
                  Z-Buffer Depth 16bit
                  Frame Buffer Triple
                  Rendering Pipeline D3D Pure Hardware T&L

3DMark Score 10649 3D marks

Game 1 Car Chase - Low Detail 162.7 FPS
                  Game 1 Car Chase - High Detail 47.8 FPS
                  Game 2 Dragothic - Low Detail 194.0 FPS
                  Game 2 Dragothic - High Detail 109.0 FPS
                  Game 3 Lobby - Low Detail 141.4 FPS
                  Game 3 Lobby - High Detail 64.2 FPS
                  Game 4 Nature 62.5 FPS

This is the best I've been able to do with the 3030 driver.

Comment

• I wouldn't be complaining with that score dude!

Comment

• Not complaining. It just makes me want a GeForce5, a 2.8 P4 and 2 gigs of 1066 ram to score higher.:rolleyes2

Comment

• How's 10,614 3DMarks at default settings sound for a newly built system?:hammer:

Everything running at stock speeds at the moment.

Comment

• ;) Sounds great!!

Comment

• Thanks!!

What kind of tweaks have you made drpeterbright, maybe you have some ideas I could try.:geek:

:cheers:

Comment

• Those are good number PCMKR...i got a 10200 and we have similar system ..so your stuff rocks dude if it was stock!:thumb:
                              - Damien

Comment

• Thanks alot Flaco! :)

Yeah, I'm definitely happy with this system. It's actually the first system I've ever built for myself, and my first computer. I've always had to use my bros PC, but now I finally got my own. Now I can get on his case that his computer sux compared to mine LOL:laugh:

I'm just greedy to get the scores even higher even though this score is awesome :p

Take care man!!

Comment

Working...
                                X