No announcement yet.

3DMark2001 SE scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea dude no prob you deserve the credit. I mean its your first and you found the ballz to go ahead and build it and have the chance of messing up something instead of go the ez way and buying a name brand one. It being your first its a good one...btw give it a name...mine is the Humming bird cuaz of all the noise the volcano 7+ and the case fans do...
    - Damien

Comment

• Yeah, I was afraid to turn it on when I finished. When I did, it didn't work right, but I fixed it. I thought I spent all that money for nothing.:eek: Check the thread in the cooling section called CPU Too Hot - Please Help - that explains the problems I had. My own fault actually.

I'm not sure what to call my system. It's got lots of fans, hooked into a baybus so I can turn them down at night. It is very loud when all the fans are at full blast. At least it keeps the heat to a minimal:flames:

Later :cheers:

Comment

• Tell me about it...i reas that thread...aslong as you got it right at the end....cool deal...keep up the good work...:thumb:
        - Damien

Comment

• Appreciate it Flaco:D I'll try not to kill it hehe

I'll be posting pics of my system when it's done in the forums, then you can see what the beast looks like. :wave:

Take care and see ya around!

Cheers :cheers:

Comment

• One tweak that seemed to make a big difference was to increase my AGP aperture to 256 mb. Turning off all unnecessary processes in Windows XP also helped. Just try tuning them all off one by one. I also turned off all of the fancy XP "enhancements" such as menu shadows etc. Be sure to shut off system restore and hibernation as well.

Comment

• Well I am using Win98 at the moment, even though I will be using WinXP soon. I have used msconfig and unchecked all the unnecessary programs from starting, which is almost everything. I will have to try playing around with the AGP Aperture size though.

Thanks! :wave:

Comment

• I think my size is 64 or 128 does it really improve it when you have it set to 256? I heard that for best results you should use half or a quarter of your physical memory.

Comment

• Best thing to do would probably be experiment with the Aperture setting and find out what's best for your setup. Make a change and then run a benchmark like 3DMark, then change it and run the benchmark again and find out what gets you the highest score.

:cheers:

Comment

• Yes do experiment with that as every setup will vary with what's the best one for it. ;)
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

• Hey Flaco,

How bout "The Beast":flames: as a name for my system. :cool: Whaddya think?

It is a huge case and does make alot of noise when I crank all the fans up. :p :hammer:

Comment

• Cool. Possibly "Air Demon":laugh:

Comment

• Hey, who knows, that doesn't sound half bad. It does suck alot of air, reminds me of the wind tunnel I got to play around with at school. :afro:

Comment

• "The Beast" has been used too any times. Air Demon does sound cool...but w/e you like i mean its your rig...:)
                            - Damien

Comment

• I'll have to get back to you on this:D

Comment

• Wind Tunnel my case IS the wind tunnel.:laugh:

Comment

Working...
                                X