No announcement yet.

3DMark2001 SE scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make sure that your using 98/98SE if ya goin' for the best scores possible. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

• thanks for the reply

hmm, about the overclocking . i knew well. but it;s there any other way of increasing the 3dmark 2001 score.

i actually dont care about the quality but i want the maximum score i can get. is there anyway to enable the coolbits using registy ?.

under windows xp. does disable or enabling something will increase the 3dmark score.
      same to bios, what are the best setting in bios to get the highest 3dmark score.

what are the maximum fsb will work, anyone got experience of fsb overclocking. if overclock the fsb from 133 to 150 will it work.

thanks

Comment

• Don't bother with Coolbits, d/l nVHardpage as more tweaking can be done with this and the Refresh rate fix is supported as well for up to 29.60 Dets.
        This article will guide you in getting some extra points as well plus this BIOS guide may help as well.
        There was another good guide for gettin' the best 3DMark score but atm I can't remember where it is.
        Good luck. :thumb:

Comment

• about the overclocking,

i wanted to overclock my fsb to 145 and dicided not to overclock my display card. so will overclocking the fsb will give a better 3dmark score or overclocking the display card

i unable to choose both because it will cause artifacts on my screen.

so which one to choose

Comment

• Actually both used together will give the best results. :smokin:

Comment

• yes you are right.

but using both with cause graphic corruption on the screen. so what should take care more.

fsb overclocking or display card overclocking.
              ?

Comment

• Myself I'd first take the FSB up to a reasonable rate then work on the video card for the rest. :smokin:

Comment

• ok,

but have u run 3dmark and see,

which one give more score. the one with high fsb or high display card overclocking.

cause, with high fsb , you cannot push your card clock to the maximum.

just in case i select to oveclock my card first, then increase the fsb, will it give a better results ?

Comment

• Here's a raw score from my new box: 7813. No tweaks, overclocking, etc.

Here's what's powering the mutha:
                    Iwill P4D (i845D)
                    P4 1.6A
                    Radeon 8500LE
                    256MB PC2700 DDR (samsung)
                    In most cases, this thing kicked the ass of my GeForce 3 I overclocked past Ti500 speeds and the T-bird 1.4 I paired it with. I think I should be able to hit 9k with some overclocking here.

Comment

• Sweet numbers there ML:thumb:
                      - Damien

Comment

• I have yet to do any sort of long term testing, but I have bumped the FSB to 133 and got a score of 9000. I've checked MadOnion's ORB and for the 2100 range, I have the highest score:D

Comment

• The Radeon's do get some nice 3DM scores...
                          I can get ~9800 with mine clocked at 310/310 & my XP1700+ clocked to 2000+ levels.
                          What drivers are you using?

Comment

• 6071's. I haven't started to overclock this thing yet, but I figure I'll be doing so eventually. It's got 3.3ns RAM, so there's room to grow (hopefully w/o modding). I do have some newer drivers I dl'd off ATI's site, but I just am using ones off Windows update (they are the full-blown thing)

I've bumped the CPU up to a 140MHz FSB and got 9217, which is probably running into a bottleneck with the Radeon not overclocked. I know it's not gonna hit 150MHz without jacking the Vcore up waaaaay too high, but I figure 145 could be obtainable.

Comment

• Try the 6094 (Catalyst) drivers - I ran 3DMark with those drivers for the first time last night - with my CPU @ 1661(151FSB) and video card @ 310/310 and scored a <font size=6>10113</font>
                              ....that's a new high for me :D :D :D

Comment

• I will try that a little later. I'm trying to find the highest OC that still passes Prime 95 (I'm getting close).

BTW, which tool are you using to OC that 8500?

this is post 666 :devil win

Comment

Working...
                                X