3DMark2001 SE scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morgan_Lander
    BTW, which tool are you using to OC that 8500?
    I use powerstrip - it works fine.
    there are also a couple of more ATi specialized ones available, like Radeonator or Radtweaker - www.Rage3D.com has links

Comment

• I know that one works, but I'd rather not have to buy a tweaker--unless I'm wrong about it. I'll be checking out Rage3D here. Thanx.

Comment

• Okay, got the 6094's and OC'd the Radeon to 290/315. I can't get the core to remain stable any higher, but I have a feeling I can push the RAM a little more.

Anyway, my 3DMark 2001SE score is 9952. I want to break 10k, but I don't know if I will or not. Sooo close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morgan_Lander
          Okay, got the 6094's and OC'd the Radeon to 290/315. I can't get the core to remain stable any higher, but I have a feeling I can push the RAM a little more.

Anyway, my 3DMark 2001SE score is 9952. I want to break 10k, but I don't know if I will or not. Sooo close.
          that's still a nice score - but I know what you mean, I was stuck in the mid-to-high 9000's for quite a while too, until some of the faster drivers started coming out

Comment

• Yeah, just have to wait on drivers. Oh, well, this is the fastest box I own by a wide margin. Hell, I have the two fastest machines in the house anyway out of 7 :geek:

Comment

• the 6102 driver's are out - they might get you the extra 48 points your looking for...they're beta's - I haven't really investigated them though since I'm happy withe the 6094's right now - and I really don't have time to test out every beta that comes along.
              Rage3D has a link - they also have links to some 3rd party modified drivers if you're feeling especially brave.:eek:

Comment

• I might try it out. This isn't my main rig anyway, so if it screws up Windows--oh, well.

Comment

• Well, I've done a clean install of XP (something happened to come up hosed, and I was planning on doing this anyway) and have got the card up to 290/317 (no artifacting yet) and I finally broke the 10k mark. 10,028 is my final answer. I'm gonna start tweaking around with my memory settings and see what I can get with them. So far so good. I did keep the 6094's though as they seem to be fine.

Comment

• http://www.xcl-clan.com/articles.php3?id=29&p=2

I just happened to stumble accross this article - it shows how to mod the Vcore & Vmem on Radeon8500's - using only a pencil - appearantly a significant portion of Radeon LE's are purposely supplied with a low voltage - I suppose so that they won't outperform the more expensive Retail versions.
                    A custom bios flash utility is available too - I might give it a try myself when I get a chance - should help increase the OC by a few MHz.

Comment

• I'm not getting any artifacting with the RAM now...I'll consider it since I've done the other "pencil trick" on athlons and durons...can't be much harder here.

Comment

• actually it looks significantly easier than unlocking an AMD processor - at least for those of us with big clumsy fingers :thumb:
                        OC'ing your video card is not really any different than OC'ing your CPU - if you already get a good OC @ default voltage - imagine what you could get if you bump the voltage up a bit.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm definitely thinking about it, since it is something that's easy, and I gained about 900 or so points as it stands right now with my current OC. Could bump me higher, and the risk is pretty minimal---good because I'm a weenie when it comes to doing mods to my hardware (besides cases----unless it would be a Lian Li!)

Comment

• I have finaly gotten myself into the 10k range so im not sure if im going to keep trying to get them any higher? I think im going to wait until Nvidia releases some beter drivers for my card before i go for some more score breaking bench mark binges!! Right now im just happy to be part of the 10k club! Took me three weeks of tweeking on this new gianward 4600 to get the score but i got it and im happy for now! Well my score is below in my sig you can clik on the compare and see it. Sorry no picture of the screen shot but i havent figured out how to put pictures up in here yet???

Comment

• It's good to hear that ya happy with ya setup there Percadann. :thumb:
                              Only don't expect to get scores like some of the single CPU jobs do as that's not the reason behind a dual setup as they were designed for stability and heavy work loads. : peace2:
                              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

• Yes!! I totaly agree with you on that about my scores! I learned that the hard way! When i built this I expected ALL the wrong things out of it! Now that ive had her up for a couple of months now i understand that. I will say at first i was realy bummed agout it but now it dont bother me and im just happy that i can rip a dvd in the back ground while i frg with my fav game or burn a cd what ever i want to do!!All at the same time! Well thx for the responce talk 2 u later.....Perc.................................... .................

Comment

Working...
                                X