No announcement yet.

MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Dear kleykenb,

Thanks for your fix for the issue, probably we could find lot of workarounds, but we still need a final SOLUTION from runcore on the firmware problem.

Regards
    Last edited by poteck; 11-23-2009, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Poteck I know you want to do this FW upgrade yourself but like I said you are not going to be happy with it.

Did you buy it form MDD? If so send them DM on the chat program they have. They will find a way to get you the drive with the upgraded FW in a way that will not be costly. I remember I said that last time and something happened with the UPS system and you ended up getting charged tax again but I guaranty you will not have the problem again and if you do it will come out of my personal paypal.com account.

Matt

Comment

Nando please send the drive back we will send you a new one with the new FW as well. I will email you in a few as well to talk further.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by poteck View Post
          Dear kleykenb,

Thanks for your fix for the issue, probably we could find lot of workarounds, but we still need a final SOLUTION from runcore on the firmware problem.

Regards
          Hi,

To be clear : what I said was not a "Workaround" : the sleep/hibernation problem I had was caused by a bug in Snow Leopard and it never came back after I changed my resolution to 1152x720 and then right back to 1280x800. I just thought that some of the hibernate/sleep problems that people see here MAY not be caused by the Runcore SSD firmware problem but by what I saw. In any case, setting your resolution lower and then right back that one time isn't gonna hurt anyone so it's worth the try.

Best regards,
          Benny

Comment

Klykenb, that is cool but I wonder if you have one of the drives with the old FW or the new FW.

If it is not to much trouble could you get me the SN from the drive please?

Anyone else try this?

TY,

Matt

Comment

does the latest MDD batch of 128 (non-mac) zif discs already have the new firemware?

Comment

Yes and they are and you better buy one now and I mean now they only have 7pcs left out of 30 this morning.

We will make more next week so keep the orders coming. Please don't let the back order sign (that will surly be up there tomorrow) slow you down.

Matt Dawson
                Runcore

Comment

bought it november 9th, just after they were back in stock - hopefully it's the new version with fixed firmware

Comment

I just bought a 128gb ZIF SSD in Hong Kong,
                    model label RCP-IV-Z1828-C (M34).. But I haven't be able to get the drive to be dectect correctly..

sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't..in My Mac Air Rev A
                    I'm really confuse as I suppose this is the revised version (red line logo)

Do I need to reformat it on another Mac to get it work?
                    Installer Disc doesn't detect...but somehow Win7 does..????
                    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Comment

• Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8&quot; Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Originally posted by Runcore Marketing View Post
                      Klykenb, that is cool but I wonder if you have one of the drives with the old FW or the new FW.

If it is not to much trouble could you get me the SN from the drive please?

Anyone else try this?

TY,

Matt
                      ATA Bus:

RunCore 64G-C SSD:

Capacity: 64,02 GB (64.023.257.088 bytes)
                      Model: RunCore 64G-C SSD
                      Revision: 1571
                      Serial Number: RC0900025958
                      Removable Media: No
                      Detachable Drive: No
                      BSD Name: disk0
                      Protocol: ATA
                      Unit Number: 0
                      Socket Type: Internal
                      Low Power Polling: No
                      Partition Map Type: MBR (Master Boot Record)
                      S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified
                      Volumes:
                      RUNCORE SSD:
                      Capacity: 64,02 GB (64.017.321.984 bytes)
                      Available: 14,81 GB (14.806.659.072 bytes)
                      Writable: Yes
                      File System: Journaled HFS+
                      BSD Name: disk0s1
                      Mount Point: /

Firmware version is : 1571
                      Last edited by kleykenb; 11-24-2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8&quot; Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

For those noobs like me, SMART Utility for Mac will display the firmware version of the drive I think. I'm gonna use it once I get my disc.

Volitans Software- Makers of SMART Utility for the Mac

Comment

Matt - this isn't an acceptable solution. If you are truly apologetic and would like to make this up to those of us who have been early adopters and have been trying to support you on this here's what I suggest.

1.) You send a new drive to us with the update firmware. If you need to to take a refundable credit card deposit or something that's fine. I don't have an issue with that.
                          2.) You (runcore) sends us postage paid shipping or your UPS account # and we can repackage the drive and send it in the material you have sent us.
                          3.) You eliminate us having to deal with each retailer and runcore take responsibility for this. We have been free QA testers for a defective product.

You have to understand that these drives are already in our system and for many of us this computer is the main computer we use. Your solution would require the following steps for me.
                          1.) Backup the old SSD to the old drive.
                          2.) Uninstall the old SSD
                          3.) Reinstall the old drive
                          4.) Wait for the new SSD
                          5.) Backup the old drive to the new SSD
                          6.) Install the new SSD.

This is simply not acceptable. To quote another poster --- You can't be serious. Opening up my computer 3 times and backing up the drive and sending it back and forth just doesn't work.

Please send us new drives, we'll go through the hassle of backing up and uninstalling the old drive and send it to you at your expense.

Thanks

Originally posted by Runcore Marketing View Post
                          Ok I hate to say this guys, but for anyone with the old FW and wants the Sleep/Hibernate issue fixed you are going to have to send your drives back for a FW update.

I have been trying all week to figure this new FW update out via USB and it does work but as someone posted before it does not work as well as it should. When doing it via USB for some reason it affects the performance of the drive. The only way to make it work properly is to send it back to the Runcore factory and have them do the FW via the chip itself not via USB. Looks like they are going to have to dissect these puppies.

I am so very sorry about this guys I wish there was something I could do to make it up to you. I am sure most of you will be happy to send them back because you see how great the drives is and don't care if it takes walking on hot coal to get the drive back into your computer. The only thing I can promise is that we will turn your drive around within 24hours of it hitting the factory in China.

I suggest to get the ball rolling you contact the vendor whom you purchased the drive from or simple send it to the HangZhou China facility with a clear document with your personal info and the status of the drive.

Matt Dawson
                          Runcore
                          Q9550 Stepping E0
                          Thermaltake CL-P0370 TMG i1 CPU Cooler
                          GA-EP45-UD3P 1.6 Bios FE
                          2gb x 4 OCZ Gold PC2-8500 DDR2 5-6-6-18 2.10v (http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...b_dual_channel)
                          OCZ Vertex SSD 64gb (Firmware 1.5)
                          Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb Sata
                          Seagate FreeAgent Xtreme 1tb eSata
                          2 Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Graphics Cards
                          Corsair TX750 PSU
                          Antec Sonata 3 Case

Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Comment

Originally posted by hankit View Post
                            model label RCP-IV-Z1828-C (M34).. But I haven't be able to get the drive to be dectect correctly..

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>
                            the USB to zif board can recognize your SSD?If yes ,pls erase your original ZIF cable.

Comment

Originally posted by riyadc View Post
                              So once the new Indilinx firmware is officially out, will we be able to upgrade the firmware using OSX? Or will I need to plug in the drive to a windows machine?
                              NO ,you can update it by CD-ROM boot

Comment

Originally posted by hankit View Post

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>
                                The product you buy is RCP-IV-Z1828-C ?? It can't be used well on MacBook Air Rev A.

Before you purchasing, the vendor should have told you that if you want it to be used on a MBA, you should buy a RCP-IV-ZA1828-C. Furthermore, ZA18XX can be used well on other notebook which has a ZIF connector.

Comment

Working...
                                X