Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

Just found out there's supposed to be a new BIOS release coming soon, not sure if for the D3-or 5 boards or both, supposed to fix a lot of problems. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Originally posted by boondocks View Post
      Just found out there's supposed to be a new BIOS release coming soon, not sure if for the D3-or 5 boards or both, supposed to fix a lot of problems. Keep your fingers crossed.
      Sin0822 info?,he,he.

Comment

if you just OC the CPU does it do this? Like if you OC to 4ghz with 1.2v.

Comment

to OP, if you've tested RAM properly and still random freezes, i think you may have a faulty board, RMA it
          Last edited by dinos22; 05-07-2012, 07:51 PM.
          GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
            Sin0822 info?,he,he.
            Well it had to be one of you.
            PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
            Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30

Comment

Originally posted by songokussm View Post
              I tried 100.1 and was stable for a while (several hours). But still had shutdown issues.
              I am going with 101 instead.
              Yea I went in and did a few tweaks after the last crash I had:

1. Changed clock back to 100.01

2. Disabled c3/c6

3. Enabled onboard graphics full time (Auto -> Enabled in BIOS) and installed drivers.

4. Went into Device Manager, clicked on USBs, and then systematically went through every device and turned off automatic power off if they had a Power Management tab.

So far the results are I was able to play nearly 3 hours of video in VLC without a crash (where as previously I most got an hour). However I am no longer working so I can't just leave a video looping through VLC in a giant play list since I want to actually use my PC :) Hoping this works out. I kinda want to reinstall on my SSD instead of using it as a slave drive (I reinstalled on a mechanical drive to eliminate the SSD) but also don't want to mess with a good thing while it lasts. My only reservation about RMA'ing the board is if you look up any of the alternatives online you can see it's an ongoing issue with just about any Z77 board....
              Last edited by KodiakX; 05-07-2012, 11:41 PM.

Comment

when i had the gigabyte UD5H board i did notice more freezes when i left the machine idle. just my observation.

anyways, it's been about a day with the Asus P8Z77-V. still no freezes at all. it's really stable.

Comment

This probably has certainly been infuriating, but clearly not isolated to a few bad apples. On the other hand, it made me realize how valuable it is to have helpful people like here who have offered good advice.

So far, without a single other modification, setting the Base Clock to 100.1 has created stability that so far lasted well over 24 hours of continuous operation, half idling, half normal work. Hopefully this will maintain until the reported firmware update on the way.

I see a surprising absence of shock at Gigabyte's forums, which appear to be only U.K.-based (nothing at a .com domain).

So at this point, I doubt that enabling Intel onboard graphics, or disabling C3/C6, will have any impact. It's all about the Base Clock setting (at least for me). By the way, someone asked for clarification: it needs to be at 100.1, which is the same as 100.10 -- but not 100.01.

Comment

Originally posted by hpmoon View Post
                    So at this point, I doubt that enabling Intel onboard graphics, or disabling C3/C6, will have any impact. It's all about the Base Clock setting (at least for me). By the way, someone asked for clarification: it needs to be at 100.1, which is the same as 100.10 -- but not 100.01.
                    Thanks, I figured as much but when I tried 100.10 it still froze up on me. 100.01 is holding stable so far with all the other tweaks so kinda at the phase where I'm going to just slowly back away and hope nothing blows up.

See how it idles tonight/tomorrow.

Comment

tweaktown forums for GB section are the official GB USA forums as far as I know.

Also you should have no issues running BCLK up to at least 103 without any stability issues.
                      Some people have reported this and you should RMA the board like Dino says, IMO i would listen to what Dino says, he knows better than I.

As far as the BIOS I was told that there should be a BIOS out there soon with some fixes coming for some of the remaining issues, I am not sure when, but i would think soon as they are getting BIOSes out very quickly for Z77 which is just great support IMO.

Comment

I fixed all of my freezing issues it appears with the BLCK 100.1 setting....I still had freezes at 101, 102, 103. I am still having one shutdown issue that I can't seem to find a fix for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	752102
                        GA-Z77X-UD5H
                        i7 3770k w/ CM Hyper 212 EVO
                        16GB RAM 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 8GB ram sets (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B)
                        eVGA GTX 260
                        Corsair 750w Enthusiast PSU
                        Intel 80GB SSD (310 series)
                        Antel 902 Case

Comment

Originally posted by Neal Stuntz View Post
                          I fixed all of my freezing issues it appears with the BLCK 100.1 setting....I still had freezes at 101, 102, 103. I am still having one shutdown issue that I can't seem to find a fix for.

[ATTACH]4670[/ATTACH]
                          Give it about 20 years and if you're lucky the problem will go away, but still keep in touch.

Comment

Are these freezing issues also with the i7 2600k?

I'm currently running a Asus P8Z77-V Pro with no stability issues at all (all stock speeds for now). I was getting the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H as a replacement board since it had a few features that were better then what were offered with the Asus. Things like Dual lan, better onboard sound, built in m-sata and better chipset cooling solution just to name a few.

Comment

I have not heard of anyone with a non Ivy Bridge CPU having the same issues.
                              GA-Z77X-UD5H
                              i7 3770k w/ CM Hyper 212 EVO
                              16GB RAM 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 8GB ram sets (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B)
                              eVGA GTX 260
                              Corsair 750w Enthusiast PSU
                              Intel 80GB SSD (310 series)
                              Antel 902 Case

Comment

Used it 3 weeks with a Intel Pentium G850 pending the release of the i7 3770k.

NO Problems at all, with the I7 3770k had two freezes in Windows 7 whilst browsing
                                the internet using explorer 9.

Both the mouse and keyboard freezes, only a hard reset enables you to get back into
                                W7, when you than check for errors non are listed in the w7 error / reporting system.

I trust a new Bios will solve a lot of current issues, I'v been using GB motherboards
                                for the last 15 years, and I really love all the features on these boards.

We all are eagerly awaiting the release a new bios.

Comment

Working...
                                X