Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

if its doing it with all gpu's then it could be a faulty pci switch,rma wont take long id do that and take it from there,if it still does it it can only be a bios issue or maybe psu incompatibility
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

psu is a pretty good one, the latest bios beta is f15 i think, i updated it to f8, from f5, f8 was the most uptodate bios that wasnt a beta at the time

other people seem to think its a voltage thing as the gpu can, apparently stress the cpu more then memtest would for example, its also been claimed its driver bassed, but i dont see how

Comment

I had a Raidmax RX700 and I replaced it with a Thermaltake TR600. When I was at BB I looked online at the specs of the psu I had just to compare and I did notice that the Raidmax has quad 12v rails with less amperage on each than the Thermaltake. My wierd theory is that perhaps these boards are much more sensitive to power and amperage and perhaps even though a psu may be a really good one, having not enough amperage on certain rails might make it unstable. Who knows, just a theory haha.

To throw a bone of wierdness, I let my buddy borrow my old psu for his am3+ build just to test it and hes been running it since I got my with 0 problems. So it seems my old psu is "working" but just not with my board. Kinda fishy if ya ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
          if its doing it with all gpu's then it could be a faulty pci switch,rma wont take long id do that and take it from there,if it still does it it can only be a bios issue or maybe psu incompatibility
          sod it, its going back... though scans idea of not long is, dont post it til the 3rd of jan cos were not here, its christmas, and it might take us 3 weeks after that to get round to it as well

which leaves me computer less for 5 weeks, so im going to have to buy another one, thats 150 quid i wont see agian

Comment

Working...
          X