Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

Tried the latest USB3 driver but still getting lock-ups.

Decided to run the system for a few days with no USB3 driver as that seems stable. If no problems arise I'll probably try USB3 driver again with bclk 100.1 and/or fitting a graphics card.

Comment

Apart from the possible integr. video graphic bug / conflict, the usb ports are very sensative.

When my Logitech Momo Steering wheel is connected, I'm NOT able to even enter the Bios screen,
      so whilst updating the Bios I need to remove the Momo completely.

I hope to get some feedback soon from GB Taiwan.

Comment

Two days ago I changed the motherboard GA-Z77-D3H to a new low-cost MSI Z77A-G43 (I need COM-port support). Everything else devices is the same as it was before.
        Both motherboards have the same logic Z77 so Windows 7 x64 was not been reinstalled (left from the old installation on GA-Z77-D3H), only the driver on Realtek LAN and Audio was added.
        2 days, flight is normal, no freezes! Despite the fact that all the devices is same even installation of Windows 7 x64.

Before this I had a MSI motherboard, and it is working 24*7. I do not know what prompted me to buy a Gigabyte, I am very upset with the products of this company because all boards ZH77 have freeze bug, even top model GZ-Z77X-UD5H. Now I'm back with the MSI and very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by deyura View Post
          Two days ago I changed the motherboard GA-Z77-D3H to a new low-cost MSI Z77A-G43 (I need COM-port support). Everything else devices is the same as it was before.
          Both motherboards have the same logic Z77 so Windows 7 x64 was not been reinstalled (left from the old installation on GA-Z77-D3H), only the driver on Realtek LAN and Audio was added.
          2 days, flight is normal, no freezes! Despite the fact that all the devices is same even installation of Windows 7 x64.

Before this I had a MSI motherboard, and it is working 24*7. I do not know what prompted me to buy a Gigabyte, I am very upset with the products of this company because all boards ZH77 have freeze bug, even top model GZ-Z77X-UD5H. Now I'm back with the MSI and very happy.

I feel the same way -- I am willing to give Gigabyte a BIOS update before I ship this back to where I bought it. On the semi-bright side -- I ended up buying a new case/psu/couple hdd trying to troubleshoot. Now I have my old Q6600 box up and running side by side, so i'll have a decent HTPC when this is all said and done.
          GA-Z77X-UD5H
          i7 3770k w/ CM Hyper 212 EVO
          16GB RAM 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 8GB ram sets (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B)
          eVGA GTX 260
          Corsair 750w Enthusiast PSU
          Intel 80GB SSD (310 series)
          Antel 902 Case

Comment

I wonder if the board is just sensitive some dram/other components. I'm not getting any lockups with mine.
            Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
            Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
            PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
            Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
            Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
            HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
            SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

I am at the 1 hour mark in Prime95 with 100.1 BLCK setting.
              GA-Z77X-UD5H
              i7 3770k w/ CM Hyper 212 EVO
              16GB RAM 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 8GB ram sets (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B)
              eVGA GTX 260
              Corsair 750w Enthusiast PSU
              Intel 80GB SSD (310 series)
              Antel 902 Case

Comment

I trust a future Bios will solve a lot of the current problems, if you read this forum you will have noticed that ao. Asrock motherboards are also effected.

so it is not limited to Gigabyte mb only!

My preference mb are still Gigabyte and obviously with a new chip set and processors being introduced initial
                set up problems / bugs / imcompatible drivers or components, might be inevitable.

When I install a new mb and of proc. I always do a complete clean install of Windows 7, just to ensure that
                all previous old mb drivers are replaced.

Originally posted by deyura View Post

Comment

Hi guys,

I bought three new computer parts:

1) Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard
                  2) Intel i7-3770K cpu
                  3) G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series, 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3 kit (2 x 4GB) ram

I'm suffering from the same freezing problems:

-it freezes in the BIOS
                  -it freezes on the desktop
                  -the computer turns off when I do a MemTest, usually within an hour.

At first I thought that the RAM was the problem, so I took it back to the shop for testing. They did a MemTest for 5 hours and said that there was no problems. I also borrowed a single stick of RAM from a friend and still got the same freezing issues. So it's not the RAM.

Anyways, I just flashed the beta BIOS version F8a, loaded Optimal Defaults, and Saved & Rebooted. After doing that I was able to run MemTest for 5 hours without the computer turning off. Also, I have not experienced any freezes on the desktop and in the BIOS so far.

So guys, I think it's a BIOS issue. I'll post back if I experience any freezes today.

UPDATE: Just had a random freeze on the desktop. I'm bringing this board back.. too much of a headache!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by gigabot; 05-06-2012, 01:02 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

check device manager for unknown devices. i had to install intel smart connect found HERE dont think its included on the gigabyte dvd. been rock solid since.. yesterday :p (just built friday)
                    Last edited by br0ther; 05-06-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

It seems awfully unlikely to me that the Intel Smart Connect driver, which has to do with resuming from sleep mode, would fix this problem completely, but please do let us know whether you continue to find your system stable just after installing that driver.

I'm experiencing these same problems with the same common configuration, including the GA-Z77X-UD5H with 3770K and Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz 9-9-9-24 (crashing both at SPD settings and XMP Profile 1). Notably, though, I'm only finding the system locked up, permanently, within the Windows 7 environment -- never at the boot-up or BIOS stage. I don't get error reporting, or any BSOD -- just a freeze that requires a power-off.

So far, trying to whittle down the results in this thread so far, it sounds like the remaining hopeful prospects are:

1. Setting BCLK in BIOS to 100.1; and/or
                      2. Disabling the CPU C3/C5 state in BIOS.

What's the latest? I'm awfully frustrated by this, and found myself RMA-ing my Vertex drives thinking this was an SSD problem until now. I noticed that this problem has been reported on systems that are not SSD-based, too, even though these kinds of lock-ups are typical SSD-related behavior.
                      Last edited by hpmoon; 05-06-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hpmoon View Post
                        It seems awfully unlikely to me that the Intel Smart Connect driver, which has to do with resuming from sleep mode, would fix this problem completely, but please do let us know whether you continue to find your system stable just after installing that driver.

I'm experiencing these same problems with the same common configuration, including the GA-Z77X-UD5H with 3770K and Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz 9-9-9-24 (crashing both at SPD settings and XMP Profile 1). Notably, though, I'm only finding the system locked up, permanently, within the Windows 7 environment -- never at the boot-up or BIOS stage. I don't get error reporting, or any BSOD -- just a freeze that requires a power-off.

So far, trying to whittle down the results in this thread so far, it sounds like the remaining hopeful prospects are:

1. Setting BCLK in BIOS to 100.1; and/or
                        2. Disabling the CPU C3/C5 state in BIOS.

What's the latest? I'm awfully frustrated by this, and found myself RMA-ing my Vertex drives thinking this was an SSD problem until now. I noticed that this problem has been reported on systems that are not SSD-based, too, even though these kinds of lock-ups are typical SSD-related behavior.
                        I had the same issues as you. Random freezeups, although in my situation it occurred in windows, the bios, and memtest too. Same motherboard, same ram, similar cpu (3570k here). I can vouch that setting the bclk to 100.1 fixed my issue. I haven't had a lockup since I made that change yesterday morning. I haven't changed the default settings for the CPU C3/C5 state.

Comment

Originally posted by nuf View Post
                          I had the same issues as you. Random freezeups, although in my situation it occurred in windows, the bios, and memtest too. Same motherboard, same ram, similar cpu (3570k here). I can vouch that setting the bclk to 100.1 fixed my issue. I haven't had a lockup since I made that change yesterday morning. I haven't changed the default settings for the CPU C3/C5 state.
                          Strange! I might be missing something obvious, but when I'm in the BIOS with my 3770K (unlocked) installed, I simply cannot change the "CPU/PCIe Base Clock" setting at all, whether or not Turbo mode is Auto, Enabled or Disabled. What are the (presumably super-simple) steps? TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by hpmoon View Post
                            Strange! I might be missing something obvious, but when I'm in the BIOS with my 3770K (unlocked) installed, I simply cannot change the "CPU/PCIe Base Clock" setting at all, whether or not Turbo mode is Auto, Enabled or Disabled. What are the (presumably super-simple) steps? TIA.
                            hpmoon,

You should be able to just select the "CPU/PCIe Base Clock" setting and just type 100.1 or whatever bclk setting you prefer. I'm wondering if the bclk "Auto" setting on our boards is just borked. I just set my bclk to 100 and my computer has been running fine for the past 10 minutes or so.

Comment

Sin, the guy that did the reviews on the Gigabyte Z77 boards here on TT forums (he was one of the pre-release testers) suggested that some might want/need to manually set block to 100. Some variation is normal, though.
                              Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
                              Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
                              PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                              Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
                              Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
                              HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
                              SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

setting the BLCK to 100.1 seems to fix the freezing issue. Stable for 5 hours now

Comment

Working...
                                X