Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

for those still having issues. The beta bios F8a fixed my board.
    24 hours now of random usage and its never hiccuped once.

Comment

Originally posted by songokussm View Post
      for those still having issues. The beta bios F8a fixed my board.
      24 hours now of random usage and its never hiccuped once.
      thats wierd cuz he made mine worst then ever needed to put the backup bios f4 lol see i dont understand nothing anymore from this board

Comment

Originally posted by Valentino Buzatu View Post
        thats wierd cuz he made mine worst then ever needed to put the backup bios f4 lol see i dont understand nothing anymore from this board
        if the bios updates are not improving your experience, i'd rma it.

Comment

Originally posted by songokussm View Post
          if the bios updates are not improving your experience, i'd rma it.
          I have the pick up today

Comment

Just flashed my D3H with UD5H BIOS F8a (must disabled one LAN in BIOS).
            Also, profiles can be share for any board (with mod of course).

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
              User ratings for the GA-Z77X-UD5H at Newegg show:
              • 5 star 76% (31)
              • 4 star 10% (4)
              • 3 star 05% (2)
              • 2 star 00% (0)
              • 1 star 10% (4)

Even though this isn't a large sample, these are very good to excellent ratings by motherboard standards.
              Caveat: most of the good reviews are dated before the release of Ivy Bridge. Big turning point.

Comment

Just installed the latest beta bios F7b for my Z77X-ud5, will monitor if the mouse/keyboard will lock up Windows 7.

Since last Saturday only 2 freezes.

went back to F7, f7b in my case causes higher cpu and core temperatures.
                Last edited by polypenko; 05-10-2012, 05:04 AM.

Comment

I swaped my board to a Asus P877-V Pro, used the exact same hardware, no keyboard issues or freezes and been running stable for a few hours so far *touch wood*
                  Last edited by Markybhoy; 05-10-2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by polypenko View Post
                    Just installed the latest beta bios F7b for my Z77X-ud5, will monitor if the mouse/keyboard will lock up Windows 7.

Since last Saturday only 2 freezes.

went back to F7, f7b in my case causes higher cpu and core temperatures.
                    Wow, that's strange. Are you sure everything got setup the same as before flashing? I'm thinking of trying F7b and see if it will help with memory OC any.
                    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
                    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
                    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
                    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
                    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
                    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Yes I always do the same routine.

1) switch of 1364 and audio in the bios.
                      2) enable fan warning cpu fan on

with F7 the cpu temps are lower, in my case.

suggest you install f7b, before make some notes of the current temps and compare them later when f7b is installed.

I noticed same because my cpy fan sometime ran higher than usual.

Comment

No prob, got plenty screenshots of BIOS plus saved profiles. I will give it a shot, I can always flash back I guess.
                        PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                        Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30

Comment

I got a tip to set the XHCI mode (in the bios) to enabled instead of the default AUTO. (also worth a go if yr system is instable)

I use Explorer 9 and each time my W7 freezed up, I was broswing the internet.

The last couple of days my system is quite stable no Freezes so far.

Comment

I heard same thing except change from smart auto to auto. But I'm not having any problems like that. I've stress tested my 4.5 OC for 12 hours with the F8a BIOS.

Installed the F7b, cpu temp looks higher in BIOS, but in Windows looks OK. No problems so far but I haven't done any extensive testing. Going to take the rig down later for water cooling setup so may not get anything else done for a while.

Comment

Has anyone tried the Intel_USB3_Win7-64_Win7(v1.0.4.220) driver?

I'm running happily without a USB driver installed (i.e. as a USB 2 system) and did not want to mess up the system by experimenting if someone has already tried it.

Comment

I'm using the Intel usb 3.0 - driver 104225 W7-64 bits

my system is quite stable the last couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                                X