• Kn8
    replied
    Last edited by Kn8; 04-06-2019, 03:30 PM. Reason: further information

Leave a comment:

• digitalMedic
    replied
    Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Hi all!

Here is a link to an updated/modded BIOS based on the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Beta BIOS version F9b that I did (I cannot attach the file as it is apparently too large). I used the UBU update tool and also manually added the IME update.

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

This modded BIOS contains the following updates:

Disk Controller:
    EFI IRST RAID for SATA: 13.5.0.2164 --> 15.1.0.2545
    OROM IRST RAID for SATA: 13.5.0.2164 --> 15.1.0.2545

Video:
    EFI GOP Driver HSW-BDW: 5.5.1032 --> 5.5.1034
    ORM VBIOS HSW-BDW: 1038 --> 1044

Network:
    EFI Lx Killer Network UNDI: 1.1.0.3 --> 1.1.0.10
    OROM QCM-Atheros PXE: 2.1.1.1 --> 2.1.1.5

Other SATA Controller:
    EFI Marvell SATA ACHI: 1.1.0.1007 --> 1.1.0.1020
    ORM Marvell 88SE9192: 1.0.0.0034 --> 1.0.0.0034

Intel Management Engine: 9.1.25.1005 --> 9.1.37.1002

Latest CPU Microcode Pack

Re-enabled the 1024MB option for Integrated Video Memory Allocation

Modified splash logo

Leave a comment:

• Gonochnik
    replied

Hello Guys.
    I have a Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme motherboard with original F13S firmware (firmware wich supports Intel X5690 processor). System (Win10Pro) works on Samsung 860 Evo SSD connected to PCI-e x4 Marvell 8230 controller card. No problems detected (exept original samsung magician software, but it's a other story).
    Now I have an idea to buy PLEXTOR M9Pe PCI-E x4 AIC NVMe (on Marvell 88SS1093 controller) and use it for Windows 10 Pro system.
    As I read, X58 with original BIOS doesn't support boot from NVMe.

Does anybody tryed to use NVMe as boot disk with same board and any custom firmwares or it's impossible?

Leave a comment:

• virinom
    replied

Originally posted by stasio View Post
    Your CPU is retail ?
    What didn't work...? boot or something else..?
    I found one modded F21e , try and this is my last resort,no other option.....
    Does this includes NVMe modification? I need modded x79 UD3 rev 1.1 BIOS with NVMe modification.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Schrotty44
    replied

Can where update the latest Beta Bios f6d with the newest Intel Management Engine (ME) Firmware Version please?

Beta Bios:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/2usdj4cr5xl6cij/Z390DESIGNARE.F6d/file

Latest
    Intel Management Engine (ME) Firmware Version: https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fi leinfo&id=3909&lang=fr

Leave a comment:

• moneytheman
    replied
    GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Will that let me use m.2/nvme with my board g1 x79 I was wanting to convert drives over to that for better cable management
    Last edited by moneytheman; 03-02-2019, 04:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• digitalMedic
    replied

Hi all!

Here is a link to an updated/modded BIOS based on the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 BIOS version F8 that I did (I cannot attach the file as it is apparently too large). I used the UBU update tool and also manually added the IME update

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

This modded BIOS contains the following updates:

Disk Controller:
    EFI IRST RAID for SATA: 13.5.0.2164 --> 15.1.0.2545
    OROM IRST RAID for SATA: 13.5.0.2164 --> 15.1.0.2545

Video:
    EFI GOP Driver HSW-BDW: 5.5.1032 --> 5.5.1034
    ORM VBIOS HSW-BDW: 1038 --> 1044

Network:
    EFI Lx Killer Network UNDI: 1.1.0.3 --> 1.1.0.10
    OROM QCM-Atheros PXE: 2.1.1.1 --> 2.1.1.5

Other SATA Controller:
    EFI Marvell SATA ACHI: 1.1.0.1007 --> 1.1.0.1020
    ORM Marvell 88SE9192: 1.0.0.0034 --> 1.0.0.0034

Intel Management Engine: 9.1.25.1005 --> 9.1.37.1002

Latest CPU Microcode Pack

Re-enabled the 1024MB option for Integrated Video Memory Allocation

Modified splash logo

Leave a comment:

• moneytheman
    replied
    question

is it a modded bios to download for g1 assassin x79 to use m.2/nvme

Leave a comment:

• geokilla
    replied

Originally posted by stasio View Post
    I noticed a few months ago, that for older boards regarding Spectre / Meltdown vulnerabilities must ask GB Tech. support for latest BIOS.
    Yep I uploaded it in my prior post. However it doesn't fix the CPU multiplier and voltage issue when overclocking. May you take a look and see if you can modify it to fix it?

Leave a comment:

• Flaky
    replied

Hello there!

I am looking for a way to make crystal well cpus (haswell with GT3 gpu and edram) work on Gigabyte motherboards. Originally they were laptop-only BGA cpus, but versions adapted for LGA 1150 can be bought in china.
    Their cpuid is 40661. They seems to work fine out of box on every vendor's motherboards (with no microcode in bios)... except for Gigabyte :D

I guess it might be because Gigabyte was the only vendor that actually did make desktop hardware based on those cpus (4570r/4770r brix). As bioses share some code, probably there is common logic that recognizes CW cpu, but later fails because the next part is removed from code for socketed platforms.
    I have found some partial success here, but just adding microcode to my motherboard's bios didn't help (Z97X Gaming GT).

Any ideas what can be done? I'm open for bios modding suggestions (like module swap in mmtool) and trying out experimental versions of bios.

Leave a comment:

• stasio
    replied

I noticed a few months ago, that for older boards regarding Spectre / Meltdown vulnerabilities must ask GB Tech. support for latest BIOS.

Leave a comment:

• geokilla
    replied

Originally posted by ericgl View Post
    Hi Stasio,

Is there a modified BIOS for Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, which includes patches against Spectre / Meltdown vulnerabilities ?
    The latest official BIOS F16j (released on 2017-11-14) only fixes the MATS table for installing MacOS.
    I know this board is pretty old now, but I hope you or someone else were able to insert the new Intel microCode to fix those vulnerabilities.

Originally posted by Mabs View Post
    I am also wishing he answers this, or someone has some updated mod for this BIOS.
    Its working rock solid for all this years and it would be great if something this important gets updated on this board.

Original BIOS F16j
    In addition to this, I noticed when I try to overclock my Core i5-3570K using the F16j BIOS by Gigabyte, setting the multiplier over 44 breaks the CPU voltage. The motherboard will raise the voltage to 1.356V and above according to CPU-Z, whereas if I have the multiplier at 43, then it'll keep the CPU Vcore at 1.2V, which is similar to what I have it set in the BIOS. May someone take a look and update the BIOS please?

Edit: It appears Gigabyte released a F16k BIOS which wasn't posted on their website. Basically it has the Spectire and Meltdown patches. https://mega.nz/#!KGIRGILY!zk_zilXlV...VDBv_V1HaFjtIg

Have yet to see if I have the same issue with the CPU voltages when overclocking.
    Last edited by geokilla; 02-17-2019, 03:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Schrotty44
    replied

Is there a Bios Mod for the Z390 Designare?

Leave a comment:

• sharpfork
    replied

Can anyone help point me to a bios for the GA-X58A-UD3R rev2 that will support ECC registered RAM?

I have a X
    eon L5520 and would love to take advantage of cheaper server memory.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• bmwbiker
    replied

Hello,
    I'm looking for modded Bios for GA Z97N-Gaming5 F5 with slic inside.
    Please, can anyone help me to get this file.

Thanks,
    bmwbiker

Leave a comment:

Working...
X