X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHY
    replied
    Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

@Stasio, what is the latest and/or most stable/recommended Non-K OC enabled bios for the Z170XP-SLI as of today and where can i download it ?

Found several versions for it here but iam unsure which one is way to go.

Thanks for helping me out.

Greets.

Leave a comment:

• iWanderer
    replied

Hi, does anyone know how to unlock MSR 0xE2 for GA-Z170X-Designare? If so, please help me unlock bios version F21 from link below. Thanks in advance.

Bios Link:
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-Z170X-Designare (rev. 1.0)

Leave a comment:

• stasio
    replied

Originally posted by mcdoom View Post
    Hello. Tell me pls is there any modified bioses for z100-gaming-k3 rev.1.1 motherboard, so i can OC my i5-6500? Only one that i found is f2c from the date 01/31/2016. But my motherboard have f2 03/10/2016 from stock.
    Sorry for bad english and maybe stupid question.
    Bellows is modified BIOS F2 and F3h with non-K OC :

F2
    Non-k-z170-gaming-k3_f2

F3h
    Non-k-z170-gaming-k3_f3h

Leave a comment:

• mcdoom
    replied

Hello. Tell me pls is there any modified bioses for z100-gaming-k3 rev.1.1 motherboard, so i can OC my i5-6500? Only one that i found is f2c from the date 01/31/2016. But my motherboard have f2 03/10/2016 from stock.
    Sorry for bad english and maybe stupid question.

Leave a comment:

• stasio
    replied

Originally posted by Wolfist View Post
    Hi I have a GA-EP45T-UDP3 f8c bios with a Corsair 4gb ddr31600mhz CMX4GX3MIA1600C11 v2.1 from 2012 and works great, the thing is i bought another CMX4GX3MIA1600C11 but this one is a v5.21 which after googling it I found out this are high density chips which are not compatible with this old boards due to the lack of support from their companies so I'd like to know if there is any modified bios for this board that allows me to use this high density memories, I did my research but found nothing, most of modded bios I find are for ep45-ud3p and ep45t-ud3r and this post doesn't have any search tool to see if it's already listed here.

thank you.
    Try to ask GB Technical Support or try to add memory setting manually.
    Google your new ram v5.21 for setting.
    No modified BIOS will help.

Leave a comment:

• stasio
    replied

Originally posted by milkygirl View Post
    Problem
    1. Stuck on BIOS Splash Screen but passed POST (normal beep) - why is that so? This happens 1 in 10 times.
    2. Sometimes it will pass POST but totally no input on monitor. Initially I thought it was the video card / monitor problem. I replaced both and had the same problem! This happens 3 in 10 times.
    3. Problem resuming from sleep. When I resume from sleep, the CPU will run for 2s before turning off, and turning on again. It gets back to normal thereafter but it is annoying. This happens 10 in 10 times.

With the 3 issues above, I have changed everything in my system except
    1. RAM (Memtest passed 2x)
    2. PSU (load only 200w, PSU is 620w seasonic)
    3. Mobo (z77-d3h, f23b. any sure way to test whether it is working?)
    4. CPU (i5-2500k, solid workhorse, not overclocked)

Any idea what is wrong and how I can resolve the 3 issues above?
    Any USB dongle except mouse and keyboard attach?
    Try to Clear_CMOS.....

Leave a comment:

• Wolfist
    replied

Hi I have a GA-EP45T-UDP3 f8c bios with a Corsair 4gb ddr31600mhz CMX4GX3MIA1600C11 v2.1 from 2012 and works great, the thing is i bought another CMX4GX3MIA1600C11 but this one is a v5.21 which after googling it I found out this are high density chips which are not compatible with this old boards due to the lack of support from their companies so I'd like to know if there is any modified bios for this board that allows me to use this high density memories, I did my research but found nothing, most of modded bios I find are for ep45-ud3p and ep45t-ud3r and this post doesn't have any search tool to see if it's already listed here.

thank you.

Leave a comment:

• milkygirl
    replied

Problem
    1. Stuck on BIOS Splash Screen but passed POST (normal beep) - why is that so? This happens 1 in 10 times.
    2. Sometimes it will pass POST but totally no input on monitor. Initially I thought it was the video card / monitor problem. I replaced both and had the same problem! This happens 3 in 10 times.
    3. Problem resuming from sleep. When I resume from sleep, the CPU will run for 2s before turning off, and turning on again. It gets back to normal thereafter but it is annoying. This happens 10 in 10 times.

With the 3 issues above, I have changed everything in my system except
    1. RAM (Memtest passed 2x)
    2. PSU (load only 200w, PSU is 620w seasonic)
    3. Mobo (z77-d3h, f23b. any sure way to test whether it is working?)
    4. CPU (i5-2500k, solid workhorse, not overclocked)

Any idea what is wrong and how I can resolve the 3 issues above?

Leave a comment:

• stasio
    replied

^
    No solution for this.

Leave a comment:

• outsiderfree
    replied

Hi Stasio, its me again with a new issue,when trying to oc my ivy bridge on ua9 moded bios i can't reach any stable oc because vcore and dynamic vcore are not working,i put values in but vcore is ALWAYS 1.140v.Also u1a bios donesn't even have these options,so is there any possible solution for this? is there any other bios we can try to have UEFI + Ivy Bridge with OC+ GTX 9xx GPU? or new ua9 modded bios with fixed vcore lock? Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• outsiderfree
    replied

Originally posted by stasio View Post
    ^
    Try to Clean_CMOS.
    Thanks for fast answer and useful advice Stasio, although i didn't get to clearing cmos stage,i did manage to finally make everything work.so for anyone there with the same problem here is the solution:
    1.After flashing uefi rom be sure to load optimized defaults just in case and reboot
    2.then go in bios again and put Legacy Mode for PCI (Legacy Rom OP on u1a),also be sure to put under "Miscellaneous Settings" for PEG to your graphics generation (usually PEG2 or PEG3),second option to enchance benchmark is optional(I put it)
    also put under "Peripherals" for first display device to PEG
    3.After reboot your gpu should start working as expected

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• stasio
    replied

^
    Try to Clean_CMOS.

Leave a comment:

• outsiderfree
    replied

Hello everyone,and Stasio.The problem is this:
    I have a z68ap-d3 rev1.0 motherboard with 3770k cpu,since cpu is ivy bridge I used modded bios by Stasio so I can have an unlocked multiplier.but I recently got GTX960 4GB WF OC,and when I put it in it won't show,all I get no signal on monitor,i can see pc is running and also if switch my monitor cable to integrated GPU I can see all works,windows boots etc etc. But external GPU is not recognized,even with setting Legacy Mode in BIOS,tried both u1a and ua9 bios and nothing.
    Anyone had same problem with GTX960? I read that with this bios 9xx and 10xx series GPU should work but for some reason mine doesn't.Also gpu is tested on f8 bios and works 100%. Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• stasio
    replied

Originally posted by nobugsonme View Post
    Hi,

Could we have an update for the latest Z87-D3HP F7 BIOS? I'm not sure what I can/should update with UBU...

Thanks!
    UBU will update only ROM's for your Z87 series chipset,so you can update all ROM's....

Leave a comment:

• nobugsonme
    replied

Hi,

Could we have an update for the latest Z87-D3HP F7 BIOS? I'm not sure what I can/should update with UBU...

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X