X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jorge_regula
    replied
    Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

What is the latest modified bios for a x79 assassin 2 that supports ivy bridge-e cpu? (i7-4820k). Is it F13? Where to find it?

Edit: I have used f12y mod 5, it improved a lot! My system is now for the first time stable, and I'm able to achieve a stable OC from bios settings instead of using Intel XTU. Thanks to the creators!
    Last edited by jorge_regula; 08-27-2017, 04:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Voldemaar
    replied

Hello, I need a modified bios for GA-X58A-UD7 (rev. 1) to run X5660 (Westmere-EP). Now, it is recognized as Xeon E5502.

Leave a comment:

• de3tri
    replied

Hello, i'm in need of a modded bios whit NVMe support for a GA-Z87X-D3H. Is there anybody who can help me??
    I have a samsung 960 evo that wont boot.

Leave a comment:

• vwnobby
    replied

Hello, I am very new to tinkering with Bios changes, and quite frankly a bit nervous because I don't want to mess anything up.
    I have a GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 rev 1.0 and I just updated the bios to U1E in the hopes of being able to boot from a Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2
    Well now I realizing, and reading, that that may not work.
    I also noticed that there was a modified version of a bios for my board on the home page of this thread, but I'm not sure if it will help me.
    Can someone clarify and let me know if there is anything else I may need in order to boot from the NVMe M.2?
    Greatly appreciate any help.

Leave a comment:

• silekonn
    replied

Hello,

The GA-H55M-S2V v1.3 is strangely absent from nearly the entire site. Mind throwing something together? The original BIOS is here: GA-H55M-S2V (rev. 1.3) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE . Newer ethernet, storage controller and etc. roms (ME?) would be great.

Thanks in advance. Your efforts are appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• North_Bridge
    replied

Hey guys I know its a bit out dated but I have a gigabyte z68xp-ud4. I am using quite an old modded uefi bios downloaded from here, I was just wondering if anyone has a more up to date modded uefi bios version with updated
    Intel Legacy RAID ROM,
    GBE Controller
    and so on.

Any suggestions welcome, does anyone else have this board?

Leave a comment:

• Art385
    replied

Hi could I request a modified beta F9C bios for Gigabyte Z97 Sniper G1?

Leave a comment:

• itaym
    replied

Originally posted by russss View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for some modding help please....I have a Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 board (F9 BIOS) for which I've just bought 2x 3TB drives and now want to RAID them - because the Intel OROM is so out-of-date they only show as 765GB and won't RAID 1 properly (the RAID utility creates a pair, but then in the OS they're separate still), so I need to mod the BIOS to include a later OROM which supports 3TB drives properly.... I've done this myself on my other PC (ASUS P8Z68) with MMTool, but when I try CBROM32 1.98 I don't get the list of modules to then do the replace - from what I can read so far there are sensitive modules causing this? Here's what CBROM shows...

cbrom32_198 V1.98 [08/27/08] (C)Phoenix Technologies 2001-2008

******** H57MUSB3_SLIC.F9 BIOS component ********

No. Item-Name Original-Size Compressed-Size Original-File-Name
    ================================================== ==============================
    0. System BIOS 20000h(128.00K) 135DAh(77.46K) test.BIN
    (SP) NCPUCODE 12801h(74.00K) 12801h(74.00K) NCPUCODE.BIN

Total compress code space = 7E2100h(8072.25K)
    Total compressed code size = 25DFBh(151.50K)
    Remain compress code space = 7BC325h(7920.79K)

******** H57MUSB3_SLIC.F9 Bootblock component ********

No. Item-Name Original-Size Compressed-Size Original-File-Name
    ================================================== ==============================
    1. MEM INIT IN BB 01700h(5.75K) 01731h(5.80K) crcinit.bin

** Micro Code Information **
    Update ID CPUID | Update ID CPUID | Update ID CPUID | Update ID CPUID

------------------+--------------------+--------------------+-------------------
    SLOT1 01 000106F0| SLOT1 0D 000106E1 | SLOT1 07 000106F1 | SLOT1 0A 000106E3

SLOT1 04 000106E5| SLOT1 01 000106E5 | SLOT1 12 00020651 | SLOT1 09 00020652

SLOT1 02 00020655|

Can anyone please help me? The lazy option (for me!) is obviously if someone could mod the F9 BIOS (http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...7m-usb3_f9.exe) with a later Intel v11 OROM, but help on how to mod myself would be appreciated also. I've looked at the many posts for modifying AWARD BIOSes (including BIOS-Modding: How to update PCI ROM modules of an AMI/Phoenix/Award BIOS - BIOS/BIOS-Modding - Win-Lite Forum) but without the module list output from CDBROM /D I think I'm stuck!

Does anyone have a good link for this board?

Leave a comment:

• geokilla
    replied

I see Gigabyte has released a new BIOS for the Z77X-UD5H rev 1.0 with a F16H beta BIOS. Does anyone have a modded BIOS based on the F16H? I wish to push my RAM and CPU further, as well as ensure my computer is safe from any vulnerabilities. Right now, it runs well but I'm sure we can push it further.

Leave a comment:

• rickydem
    replied

Originally posted by egalwas View Post
    Hello Bios Modders,

I read a lot in the thread

I tried myself to update the beta Bios from the GA-X79-UD5 - F14e

with the UBU Tool didn't work would be nice if anybody could update the bios with the latest Roms

the tool said cant open bios file

and if one is also so kind to put the NVMe Bios information in that Bios

it would be very nice

thx egalwas

Ok tested around and think i got it

x79UD514envme.rar

can someone look into the file and tell me if everything is OK

would be nice

thx egalwas

Newbie there, just want to thanks you for your work! hope nvme works?

Leave a comment:

• Typhoon859
    replied

Is there any relation between Gigabyte's official F16h Beta BIOS for the GA-Z77X-UD5H and the modded F16g BIOS? All I really need is the updated Marvell RAID controller firmware. Anyone know if the F16h BIOS includes it? Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, I can confirm that they're obviously different and that the official F16h version contains an updated (but not as new) version of the Marvell firmware. In any case, even the old firmware works now (from the previous F14 BIOS) and it seems it just needed to be flashed (I was switching out the drives I had for another pair).

In any case, could someone perhaps explain the benefits of the mods made to the BIOS in the F16g release? I'm sure it's obviously been discussed, but in summary and if put really simply, that would really be appreciated. If everything is working, isn't that all that really BIOS relative to a particular board influences? Would I be wrong to say that regardless performance wouldn't be affected? So if everything's fine, is there a point in risking problems by updating? Thanks again!
    Last edited by Typhoon859; 05-10-2017, 01:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jozh89
    replied

Is there a UEFI bios for the G1.Sniper 2 where changing the vCore works?

Leave a comment:

• Probleminfected
    replied

Originally posted by hammed41 View Post
    Mod for GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 please.

Thank you

My config.
    GA-z170x- gaming 5
    i7 6700k
    Enermax Liqmax II 120
    32gb ddr4 corsair 3000c15 dominator platinum
    GV-N1070G1-GAMING-8GD
    ssd 850 evo samsung.

I also need a mod bios that unlocks the above 4g decoding option for f20 or above bios

Leave a comment:

• irishj
    replied

Originally posted by hammed41 View Post
    Mod for GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 please.

Thank you

My config.
    GA-z170x- gaming 5
    i7 6700k
    Enermax Liqmax II 120
    32gb ddr4 corsair 3000c15 dominator platinum
    GV-N1070G1-GAMING-8GD
    ssd 850 evo samsung.
    +1 for this request

Current version is f21 -- http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...aming5_f21.zip

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• ptruman
    replied

Originally posted by ptruman View Post
    I've just created a modded Z68X-UD3P-B3 F8 Bios with the v11.2.0.1527 Intel RST Option ROM.
    I did this as (for me) F8 is the most stable, but the stock oROM hangs after a crash and RST rebuild.

https://sites.google.com/site/techbo...edirects=0&d=1

...and it still hangs on a crash... :(

Leave a comment:

Working...
X