Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Yes, you always need to test for stability with programs like I mentioned.

You can get them an others here

Date and time should only reset if you clear the CMOS by removing the battery, or unplug the power cable for a long time. If it happens in short periods then it could be a bad battery or a short somewhere, you'll need to test for that outside of the case and off the motherboard tray, to see if the same happens with the date/time then.

Comment

• Intel Smart Response Problem with GA-Z68X-UD4

I'm working on a new build with the following specs

i5 2500k
      Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud4 mobo (F6 bios)
      Corsair H70
      8GB G.Skill ripjaws ddr3-1600 ram cl9
      60gb OCZ Agility 3
      1TB WD Black SATA3
      Seasonic m12 850w
      Sapphire 6870
      Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

I followed the instructions on the gigabyte product page for setting up smart response exactly as described... but every time I enable smart response, when I restart my computer I get a "disk boot failure". I have to disable RAID in the bios and re-install Windows to even get the bios to detect either of my drives again.

I've tried setting it up 7 times now doing fresh installs of Windows each time and the same thing happens every time. I even downloaded all of the latest drivers from the motherboard website.

I have the ssd in sata3_0 and the 1TB drive in sata3_1 if that matters.

Anyone have any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

I'd like to try the EZ Smart Response Utility to see if that would work but can't find anywhere to download it.

Comment

Re-install windows to get BIOS to detect the drives? You wouldn't be able to install windows if BIOS did not detect them.
        Did you try to select disk boot drive after changing to RAID mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
          Re-install windows to get BIOS to detect the drives? You wouldn't be able to install windows if BIOS did not detect them.
          Did you try to select disk boot drive after changing to RAID mode?

sorry what I meant to say was that when I tried to reinstall windows it wouldn't detect the drives until after I switched everything back to IDE mode. It would detect the drives after switching to IDE mode but it would still show a DISK BOOT FAILURE even though I had just installed Windows to the HDD.

So basically I'd install Windows; install the mobo drivers; then install IRST drivers (tried both the older and most recent versions); then set the accelerated mode with the SSD as the cache drive through the RST software. I could get to this point with no problems at all. Then if I restarted my system I would get a "DISK BOOT FAILURE" and the BIOS would no longer detect my SSD or my HDD.

And even after switching back to IDE mode in the BIOS I would still get a DISK BOOT FAILURE even though my drives would now show up in the BIOS.

Comment

See if this may help you
            Intel Smart Response Technology (SRT) Review, Setup & Benchmarks | Review Me

Comment

Thanks for the video but I've watched a few of those, including the one from Gigabyte, and I've tried following what they said to do but it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by jamz View Post
                I'm working on a new build with the following specs

i5 2500k
                Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud4 mobo (F6 bios)
                Corsair H70
                8GB G.Skill ripjaws ddr3-1600 ram cl9
                60gb OCZ Agility 3
                1TB WD Black SATA3
                Seasonic m12 850w
                Sapphire 6870
                Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

I followed the instructions on the gigabyte product page for setting up smart response exactly as described... but every time I enable smart response, when I restart my computer I get a "disk boot failure". I have to disable RAID in the bios and re-install Windows to even get the bios to detect either of my drives again.

I've tried setting it up 7 times now doing fresh installs of Windows each time and the same thing happens every time. I even downloaded all of the latest drivers from the motherboard website.

I have the ssd in sata3_0 and the 1TB drive in sata3_1 if that matters.

Anyone have any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

I'd like to try the EZ Smart Response Utility to see if that would work but can't find anywhere to download it.
                Originally posted by jamz View Post
                sorry what I meant to say was that when I tried to reinstall windows it wouldn't detect the drives until after I switched everything back to IDE mode. It would detect the drives after switching to IDE mode but it would still show a DISK BOOT FAILURE even though I had just installed Windows to the HDD.

So basically I'd install Windows; install the mobo drivers; then install IRST drivers (tried both the older and most recent versions); then set the accelerated mode with the SSD as the cache drive through the RST software. I could get to this point with no problems at all. Then if I restarted my system I would get a "DISK BOOT FAILURE" and the BIOS would no longer detect my SSD or my HDD.

And even after switching back to IDE mode in the BIOS I would still get a DISK BOOT FAILURE even though my drives would now show up in the BIOS.

Here's a Gigabyte video on how to set this up if you haven't seen it already, although it's using the EZ Smart Response Utility
                YouTube - ‪MoboTV2010's Channel‬‏

I don't believe they've made the utility public yet, I'll ask and see if they have yet and if so I'll get you a link tonight.

If you want to try again manually, you need to enable booting from RAID in the OS registry before you reboot and set the BIOS to RAID (The EZ utility will do this for you once you can actually download it)

Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0 (Win 7 / Vista ONLY)
                Code:
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start  
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV\Start
                Install the OS, install the Intel Smart Response Utility, then make the above registry changes and then reboot (Don't reboot to set BIOS to RAID before making those registry changes)

And be sure you are using the latest BIOS for best compatibility as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  Here's a Gigabyte video on how to set this up if you haven't seen it already, although it's using the EZ Smart Response Utility
                  YouTube - ‪MoboTV2010's Channel‬‏

I don't believe they've made the utility public yet, I'll ask and see if they have yet and if so I'll get you a link tonight.

If you want to try again manually, you need to enable booting from RAID in the OS registry before you reboot and set the BIOS to RAID (The EZ utility will do this for you once you can actually download it)

Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0 (Win 7 / Vista ONLY)
                  Code:
                  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
                  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start  
                  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV\Start
                  Install the OS, install the Intel Smart Response Utility, then make the above registry changes and then reboot (Don't reboot to set BIOS to RAID before making those registry changes)

And be sure you are using the latest BIOS for best compatibility as well!

Thank you for your reply.

I'm using F6 bios which is the latest release on the mobo product page. There's an F7d beta release out though... should I try that one? Generally I don't like using beta releases though.

Otherwise I'll wait for your response about the EZ Smart Response Utility availability. If it's going to be released soon I can be patient and wait a bit.

Comment

I'd personally use the beta BIOS, but that is up to you and I don't think F6 should have any problems with using this feature.

I think you just needed to make the registry changes first, which is why Gigabyte created the EZ utility I bet - so users don't have to edit the registry as many may not feel comfortable doing that.

If you didn't install in RAID mode you have to make the registry changes before switching to RAID mode (Vista/Win7), otherwise you will get the 0x0000007b Blue Screen

Microsoft also has a "Fix It For Me" program that will make the changes for users that don't feel comfortable editing the registry, you could run this before you reboot to enable RAID in the BIOS as well if you don't want to edit the registry
                    Error message when you start a Windows 7 or Windows Vista-based computer after you change the SATA mode of the boot drive: "STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

I'll let you know what I find out on the EZ Utility in the next day or so hopefully, in the meantime the above info should get you going if you wanted to give it another try.

Comment

The EZ Smart Utility was still in beta that's why we couldn't find it, but it has just now been released and you can download it here
                      GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD (rev. 1.0)

You will need to install the latest version of the Rapid Storage Drivers (10.5.0.1027) and you can get those here

Out of curiosity, did you try my above suggestions already or not? If so, did that get things going smoothly for you?
                      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-08-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                        The EZ Smart Utility was still in beta that's why we couldn't find it, but it has just now been released and you can download it here
                        GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD (rev. 1.0)

You will need to install the latest version of the Rapid Storage Drivers (10.5.0.1027) and you can get those here

Out of curiosity, did you try my above suggestions already or not? If so, did that get things going smoothly for you?

Thank you for the links!

I haven't gotten around to trying anything out yet... I'm feeling optimistic though. :)

I'll probably try it out either tomorrow of Friday. I'll post here if it works or not.

Comment

I think there is a major bug in the F3 bios for the Z68MA-DH2-B3 board. If the system is overclocked, multiplier will revert to 34 after the machine goes to sleep and then wakes. This behavior was fixed by reverting to the F2 bios. 9800GT eco video, 8 gigs 1600 mhz ram.

Settings:
                          AHCI
                          64-bit hpet
                          full screen logo off
                          quick boot on
                          fan control off
                          XMP memory on
                          various multipliers, other cpu settings at default
                          -.05 v core offset.
                          com port off

Comment

My English is not very good but I hope you understand me. I am helping the google translator.
                            My computer is:
                            Motherboard: GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 rev. 1.0 with Bios: F7 (also happened with the F5 and F6)
                            Processors: i7-2600K
                            Memory: G. Skill Sniper 1866 MHZ (with X.M.P activated) a 1.5 V. 4x4 Gb = 16 GB.
                            Gaphic Card: Asus 460 GTX 1 GB TOP.
                            Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000 W.
                            Tower: Corsair Graphite 600 T
                            Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14
                            HDD: W.D. Caviar 640 GB y Seagate 500 GB.
                            Blu-ray: Sony.

My problem is with the RESET button. Both the tower and with the motherboard.

I've done several tests and the following occurs:
                            When I press the reset button, especially when I let down a few seconds, there is a boot failure. The computer turns off as if we gave the power button, it begins to restart and suddenly restarts a second time and boot failure occurs.
                            Whether you are set to the defaults in the bios. And I have not done any overclocking, since the values ​​of frequency and memory timings are from the manufacturer. The only thing is set up XMP: PROFILE1, and automatically puts me in memory 1866 Mhz. The default is 1600 Mhz, but as I said it does not matter, since the failure still occurs with the reset.
                            When I enter the bios after failure, I get a message:
                            "The system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking or changes of voltages.
                            Last settings in BIOS setup may not coincide with current H/W states."

I update my Backup BIOS, whe i flashed the BIOS.

My motherboard has a fault, the fix is a bios or is it another problem?

I've read that other Gigabyte motherboard models had a similar problem and needed a BIOS update:

GA-P67A-UD7-B3 (F3) for example.

I made new tests: I have a clear cmos with de button of motherboard and I put the optimized values​​. Now when I give the reset is off me, makes me twice as I reboot and load the default MIT. I only error message appears, if on such as XMP memory.

Thanks for everything.
                            Last edited by PolifemoX; 06-26-2011, 09:58 AM. Reason: add information

Comment

hallo guys, i've a trouble with the latest cpuz release, it can't show the correct vcore, it's every time freezed to 1.080 ... any fix or tip?

Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3 Bios F7

Comment

Hi guys,

Is there a firmware update available for the intel management engine? The version included in my P67-ud4-b3 board is quite old and I would like to have that updated as I believe it is causing me some issues. Is there a way to do this through your group and/or can you supply the .bin so we can make things catch on fire on our own?

Thank you :)

Comment

Working...
                                X