Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Well, initial results seem to say that charging on the rear USB port is working... on/off charge doesn't seem to work any better, but this will require more testing. For now the on/off charge isn't draining my battery which is a small improvement.

Any knowledge of if there is the possibility of TRIM on RAID in the future as (some) intel mobos have firmware that now supports TRIM in RAID for SSDs?

I think I just answered the above question and maybe you understand why I was asking it the way I did?

Bought a multimeter, but the thing came with dead batteries so I'm not able to actually test my 12v rail yet. If you're curious, I'm using this guide to educate myself on proper testing methods. Considering I bought a 1000HX, I'll be talking to corsair if any of this 12v nonsense is actually true.

Edit: Upon further testing, the on/off charge works great now. This is weird that both version FA and FB didn't work but FC (which was supposed to improve SATA) is the one that fixes my problem?
    Last edited by draemn; 01-13-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Hello! I have an irritating issue, using P67A-UD4. It shipped with F3 BIOS. I've tried to flash MoBo with F6, F6x and F7B. When MoBo should only reset or set settings to default because of failed overclocking, it starts flashing F3 from second BIOS chip. Is it a feature, or a bug? I'm tired of flashing BIOS.

Rest of the config - Core i5 2500K, 4x1gb DDR3 (Samsung chips), Gigabyte GTX460 768mb (reference pcb), Chieftec CFT-850G-DF.

PS Hoping, i described my problem clearly.
      Sorry for my English

Comment

Flashing the backup BIOS to the main BIOS is a feature of the dual BIOS, but it should do so only if it finds the main BIOS is corrupted.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
          Flashing the backup BIOS to the main BIOS is a feature of the dual BIOS, but it should do so only if it finds the main BIOS is corrupted.
          i know what is dual BIOS, but it's flashing too often =(

for example,
          i'm trying to boot at 51x100. Having no boot, MoBo starts twice, and then writes, that overclocking failed.
          I'm going into BIOS, set 50x100 and have the same (having no boot, MoBo starts twice, and then writes, that overclocking failed)
          Again, i'm going into BIOS, set, for example 46x100, and have no boot. Then MoBo starts, shows a message that BIOS is corrupted and start flashing F3.

Or i've got BSOD while testing stability of my overclock and after i pressed reset, mobo shows a message that BIOS is corrupted and start flashing F3.
          Last edited by malefic Fess; 01-12-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Maybe it is mistakenly detect corrupt BIOS.
            Have you checked http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ce-review.html?

Comment

Maybe it is mistakenly detect corrupt BIOS.
              Obviously. What i can do in this situation? I suppose, it's not a guarantee case?
              thanks for the link. Have read it. On what I should pay attention?

Comment

Originally posted by malefic Fess View Post
                Obviously. What i can do in this situation? I suppose, it's not a guarantee case?
                It's all very new they might fix it later.
                Originally posted by malefic Fess
                thanks for the link. Have read it. On what I should pay attention?
                Nothing in particular, just wondered if you need some guidance with Sandy Bridge OC.

Comment

• Chike is there an official representative of Gigabyte, who could explain me what to do?
                  AFAIK, other UD4 users don't have this problems, so i doubt that it will be fixed =\

Comment

You can try and contact GB tech support on their site, however to my best understanding they won't deal with problem that rise because overclocking. I might be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chike View Post
                      they won't deal with problem that rise because overclocking. I might be wrong.
                      yeah, that's true
                      At least, i've flashed newer BIOS version into secondary chip. That's better for me, than flashing over F3 via @BIOS...

Comment

I have p67A-UD5 and when i shut down the computer after 5 minutes when i turn it back on it says the Overclock failed ? When i know it is 100% stable clock. This happens every time ! I press the power button and the mobo shuts off by itself than it comes back on and it goes back to defaults...

When i restart only, everything is OK, only happens when i shut down the computer for a few minutes...

BIOS F6a

Comment

I think this may be due to BIOS issues with the Dual BIOS, Stasio said they are working on making it less sensitive.

Comment

I think i figured it out. It has to do with the memory and the X.M.P profile. I had it set as XMP and that's how i left it. The mobo than did all the rest by itself, however that worked only while it is running. After the shut-down and boot up the mobo probably is not able to figure out which XMP profile to use and defaults it as a failed clock. I have tried it 2 times now and it always boots up fine when i disable XMP and set the memory manually. :)

ps; Now the only issue left is to fix the AHCI option that slows down the boot up by 30 seconds...

Comment

Could be, XMP is not designed for P67 so you shouldn't use it.

AHCI can't be changed, you'll have to live with it, and actually it's very fast now compared to what it used to be so enjoy :)

Comment

How come ? BIOS F6A is 100 times faster. Only after BIOS F6B AHCI is slow.

Giga P67A-UD5

Comment

Working...
                                X