Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

tried with another keyboard? when you flash with q-flash makesure that you dont keep dmi pool data,see if that helps
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have tried with multiple keyboards- initially I was using a Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard, which I was surprised to find working in the system setup menu. When I couldn't get into the boot menu with F12, I removed the wireless "Unifying Adapter" and tried again with an older USB Logitech keyboard. I also tried a brand new generic Dell USB keyboard with the same results. I'll try flashing without keeping DMI data now.

Update: Flashing without DMI data does not appear to have had any effect.

Additionally, I can confirm that it is not a keyboard issue, because I can hit F12 in the system setup screen (which is the key for "Load CMOS from BIOS". F8 allows mhe to enter Q-Flash, F10 brings up the "Save and Exit Y/N?" dialog, and F11 prompts me to Save CMOS to BIOS. All of these buttons work with all three keyboards that I have (I tested each one to be sure).

Any other ideas?

Comment

tried booting up in safe mode? tried system restore with the windows disk/dvd?tested another hdd just incase its failed?
        try Xpadder.com if that software was the cause
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Please see my previous posts. I cannot boot into Safe Mode, the system doesn't even get that far. I cannot load the Windows 7 disk because I cannot get ANYTHING to boot- HDD, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive. I cannot boot any other hard drives either, and I have tried using a hard drive loaded with Ubuntu which is bootable (and working on another computer).

I don't get a boot error when I start the computer. After the POST shows the devices that it detects (including my HDD's and DVD drive) the screen goes blank and stays that way. All devices have power and all fans are running when this happens. This is the same whether all devices are connected, one HDD at a time, or none at all.

Just in case I'm not describing this well, let me put it another way: if I disconnect all of my hard drives, the DVD drive, and unplug all USB devices, the system bootup process is the same. The POST completes, and the screen goes blank, and nothing else happens. Wouldn't you normally get "Hard drive not found" or "No boot device found" or something similar if nothing was connected? And wouldn't the system display an error message if a boot file was corrupt or missing, or if the HDD was bad and it couldn't find a boot file?

It seems to me that the system isn't even getting to the point where it tries to boot from a device. It shows physical connectivity during the POST and then completely fails to proceed.

Comment

yes sorry i didnt flick back to previous comments,you could try leaving cmos/mb batery out overnight just to be 100% sure,i cant think what else it could be other than a faulty mb? idk
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

No worries. I did try removing the battery and shorting the terminals.

Do you know what part of the motherboard is responsible for initializing the boot process? Is there any kind of diagnostic tool I could use for this board?

Comment

i dont know,does it show the list of devices before it goes to windows bootup? are you running in ide mode not ahci?
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

It does show the list of connected devices correctly, but it doesn't actually get to the Windows bootup at all. Also, in the CMOS Setup tool it shows the devices and the correct capacity amount. I have tried using both IDE and AHCI modes.

Comment

You may want to remove the CPU and check all the pins. The pins have different functions. Other than that I'm thinking time for a new motherboard. Although that's just what I think. I don't want to appear misleading. The motherboard seems a little aged from what I've seen in your post #1136. I would be starting there too. I hope you backed up your data. New motherboards usually require clean installs for Windows to work properly.

Then again I don't know if you should stay with a socket 775 or upgrade to the I5 or I7?
                    Last edited by artdrivers; 12-18-2010, 08:45 PM.
                    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                    Logitech G500 USB mouse
                    Monitor: CMV937A
                    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

My system is a bit older than I thought, I found the NewEgg invoice from 12/29/2007!

If it's either bad processor or motherboard, it's time to upgrade. So much for investing my holiday bonus... but at least I'll have some shiny new toys for Christmas!

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

• Comment

Does it always show DC on the debug code LED?

Does this happen with no BIOS changes, I mean just Optimized Defaults loaded?

What BIOS are you using? Maybe you should update if it is an older version, if you do please use Qflash to update and be sure you disable "Keep DMI Data" in Qflash before you flash.

Here is a guide on how to flash

And here is the latest BIOSes

Comment

hey guys just wondering do you know what the post error f7 means im using an x58a-ud5 motherboard thanks.

Comment

F7 could be 7F

2b
                              When the system powers on and the Debug LED shows the usual POST code sequence but hangs on 2b or you get a beep code as soon as the sequence reaches 2b, then the Mainboard cant detect your Videocard properly. Note that the POST code sequence might not halt at 2b but continue, so the final POST Code it displays could be FF, 00 or 7F which means the Maiboard booted, entered BIOS, or OC recovery kicked in and is waiting for Input to enter BIOS. Since the Videocard couldnt be detected properly you will only see a black Monitor and either 2b, FF, 00 or 7F. Check if there is something wrong with the Videocard, the PCIE slot or BUS, the Monitor or monitor cable. Turn the Monitor on and off, switch the Monitor cable from one D-SUB or DVI plug to the other in case your Videocard has two. If this doesnt help then reboot and load the optimized defaults. If that doesnt help either try another Videocard if possible, or try the Videocard in another system to make sure its working properly. Try another monitor or try the Monitor on another System.

7F
                              When the system detects that a critical error happened during the last boot attempt or several boot attempts failed, so OC recovery kicked in. There should be a message displayed on the Display informing you that OC revocery kicked in and that its waiting for your input to enter BIOS. If you cant see this message cause your Display stays black, please check the description for POST Code 2b.

Comment

Hi,

While my mob already has a fantastic onboard audio solution I decided to give a try to a dedicated card; my specs:
                                GA-EX58 extreme (last bios)
                                i7 920
                                GTX 260
                                Asus Xonar D2 (PCI version, not PCI-EX)

I have just bought an Asus Xonar D2 audio card to fully enjoy some feature in a 5.1 configuration, or at least that was my idea.

Well the problem has come when I have installed the new card (disabling the azalia codec in Bios, uninstalling old drivers, etc.)... while I can fully assure that there is not a software/hadware conflict neither a wrong installation I experiencing only problems.

As soon as I reproduce any sound file or source I can clearly hear distortions, artifacts, glitchs or delays in the sound. Really a pity considering I had not any problem with your onboard chip.

Then I decided to take a look at the official Asus web & forumsas well as in Google in order to find a solution. I found it:

1.It seems to be a common problem in any Asus audio card. 4.0, 5.1 & 7.0 configurations are totally bugged. Related to drivers issues. While I have found thousands of posts in the Official forums (not here) reporting these problems I have not found any solution neither answer by the Asus Support department. A shame.... I have been force to use unofficial drivers to have an acceptable management of a HQ audio card.

2.The problem (or my problem) is related to DCP or PCI latency. Reading some post and documentation I discovered that the problem could be related to extreme PCI latency.
                                I have downloaded this program: DPC Latency Checker

Just to see that my constant stutters and delays are provoked by periodic peaks in the latency:

Testing any audio source with MPC I can identify the sound stutters & delays every time I see a peak in the program.

And here the question: while the general info I have found in the web and the program documentation leads the user to find the problem in already installed devices or drivers I have not been able to identify the problem.
                                99% sure that the problem is not here; I have disabled all, and I have said "all", the devices that can be disabled in windows to identify the problematic driver/device without results.

So I can only try to find the solution in the Bios configuration.
                                The Onboard audio is disabled, I'm using raid config for my HDDs (not sure if it could be a problem) and I have tried to disable on bios any other device one by one (Lan, usb, firewire, ...) in order to isolate the problem. No result.
                                So if disabling those non PCI-friendly devices/drivers in the SO and the Bios is not working maybe the problem is related with the PCI latency itself or a wrong config. in bios.

Here I ask you to know if there is some setting which could be provoking the problem.
                                Also I would like to know if there is a way to set the PCI latency on bios because the PCI latency tool is not working for me in windows (instant crah) so I can not set it by hand to try a possible workaround.

I hope someone can help me because I'm really astonished with Asus Support & High quality audio card no-quality and after their non-helpful answer my unique possibilities are the search of a solution by myself or -if possible- returning the audio card to the shop.

Thank you so much, Isabel.
                                Last edited by Isabelxxx; 12-29-2010, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X