Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Remove Asus card, problem solved

This is a Gigabyte board you are using, and they are rivals, so it maybe planned that way?

Comment

I will do it...

Also I'm trying to install windows XP 64 bits with a floppy disk including the raid drivers for x64 so but there is a problem with them.
      ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R DO SATA RAID CONTROLLER is missing or at least the nomenclature has changed in new drivers.

These are the available raid drivers:

"Intel(R) ESB2 SATA RAID Controller"
      "Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA RAID Controller"
      "Intel(R) ICH7MDH SATA RAID Controller"
      "Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller"
      "Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller"

But the ICH10R Raid is not here... maybe "Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller"?

Comment

Ya, looks like they just changed the names of everything in the RST 10 package.

This is from the Readme, looks like you will only see the one you are used to if you are installing in AHCI mode, so yes I do believe the one you mentioned is the one you should choose.

RAID Controllers:
        - Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller
        - Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller
        - Intel(R) ESB2 SATA RAID Controller
        - Intel(R) ICH7MDH SATA RAID Controller
        - Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA RAID Controller

AHCI Controllers:
        - Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) 5 Series 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) EP80579 SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) ICH9R/DO/DH SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) ICH8R/DH/DO SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) ESB2 SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller
        - Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller

Comment

Exactly, it's that generic driver.
          I have selected it and Windows recognize the raid; then in the SO it appears as ICH10R device and not as a generic/unified driver.

Also I have found the problem with the sound card by mistake: DES ADVANCE 2 (aka Energy saver 2). In fact the intensive management of the voltage was provoking high DCP latencies.

I will send this report to Gigabyte because it's something really important to consider before enabling DES 2. Any PCI card becomes unusable in real or professional environments.
          Delays in CPU are not necessarily a problem for standard users but Graphic cards, sound cards, PCI SATA RAID controllers, etc. becomes unstable in the practice.

These high latencies are present even if I take out the Xonar D2 but I didn't be aware of them until now. This could explain some periodic and instantaneous stutter in some games I was experiencing even when I have a PC which could support any high settings.
          For some reason the Realtek onboard sound chip works perfect even with these high latency peaks, it should be related to its "on-board" attribute or some type of cache used to pre-load the data and then send all as a capacitor.

As I showed something was provoking high peaks in the DCP latency

And here the test and evidences:

While performing the tests I have used
          Media Player Classic - Home Cinema which is known by it's great performance while using low resources. This ensures that the DCP latency and CPU usage are not determined by the reproduction itself.
          Anyway I'm using a high specs PC:

Core i7 920 - 3,4 GHZ

12 GB RAM - 1600 MHZ
          GTX 260
          RAID 0 with SO + 2 HD outside the raid storing the music files.
          SO: Windows XP 64 bits
          Audio card: Xonar D2 PM (tested that it's working properly)

I have been running MPC with some DTS original files (Dire Straits-Sultans of Swing DTS cd) which use the 5.1 speaker system; this along with 4.0 and 7.1 systems are really susceptible to sound stutter, delays, etc... which will allow me to clearly identify the sound errors & dropouts with the DCP high latency peaks.

The tool to measure the DCP latency:
          DPC Latency Checker whose documentation leads the user to revise devices and drivers to isolate the problem. I have been checking all my devices one by one and there is no conflicts by this side.

Test 1: Activating DES 2. LEVEL 1

Test 2: Activating DES 2. LEVEL 2

Test 3: Activating DES 2. LEVEL 3

Test 4: Deactivating DES 2. OFF.

The experience: In tests 1, 2 & 3 the sound suffers heavy stuttering (more with higher DES levels). The times the problems in sound are audible match with the peaks showed by the DCP latency tool.

Listening to music provokes headache. A HQ sound card as it's supposed to be the Xonar D2 (properly configured) is simply not working neither offering me a high resolution sound with my 5.1 speaker system. Games (testing it apart) don't work properly because of the DCP latency and I'm force to use the onboard audio chip to have a stable system.

Many users would not experience these problems because of not using PCI devices. While PCI express cards should not suffer these DCP latency problems due to their characteristics, PCI cards does. So having any PCI card with DES enable does provokes system instability: in my case the sound card provoked crashes in games, stutter in any sound source, lag, ... PCI RAID controllers would simply shutdown the system or provoke corruption in data.

As soon as DES was deactivated the DCP latency becomes stable and finally I can enjoy the MPC reproduction without any stuttering. Problems solved.

I have been manually setting DES 2 to test if there are some specific configurations which provokes these DCP unstable latency without result; simply activating DES the problem starts, no configuration solves it.

Last edited by Isabelxxx; 12-31-2010, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Sorry I didn't think to mention that about DES (Easytune also sometimes), but I assumed you hadn't installed anything like that or had already unintstalled it in your testing.

Sorry about that, yes please uninstall it fully and easytune too and reboot and see if you still have issues.

Comment

Well, in fact I needed to install it due to the installation of a new SO.
              DES voltage management is still active even when you are using a SO which has not the driver installed. So I needed to install it again in Windows XP 64 bits (triple boot) and then deactivating it (alternatively I could boot that which has the driver installed and do the same).

Full uninstall is not necessary -only deactivation- to solve the DCP latency problem.

Comment

Ahh ok, well then you can disable if that works for you and you want to use DES.

Comment

Hi there!

I bought a Gigabyte motherboard GA-x58-USB3 two months ago to build my new computer around. I installed a dualboot with Mac OS-X snow leopard for fun and windows 7 (as my primary OS). It has been working great for the two months I've had it yesterday, however, I was baffled by the loss of the nic that is integrated on the board.
                  I have my computer connected to a switch and as I turned it on, I noticed that the leds that normally light up green on the switch was dark.
                  I entered the bios and saw that green LAN was disabled but LAN itself was enabled. Strange! It looks like it should. I tried booting in windows 7 and could not get a connection. The leds in the nic are dark.
                  Trying reebooting and entering OS-x give the same result. I turned off the computer and pulled the powercoard from it, waited for a few minutes, then plugged it in and started it. Now I got the Nic o work in windows 7 for a minute then it was dead. AARG!

My computer has been running fine and been rocksteady until now, what can be the problem? Is my motherboard broken? If so will I get it repaired or replaced? I boght it in the middle of november 2010.

My rig is bulit like this:

Gigabyte motherboard GA-x58-USB3
                  Intel i7 3.06 Ghz processor.
                  Asus GTX 480 1,5 Gb
                  Integrated sound and nic.
                  Corsair 750 W powersupply
                  Corsair SSD 160 GB disk
                  Samsumg 1 TB disk
                  Sony DVD-RW
                  8 GB ram

I read in this forum that people have the same problem with other gigabyte motherboards which does not bode well. I hope you can help me.

With my best regards

Stefan Schmidt

Comment

Posted a reply for you on this in your thread here

You may just need to reflash the BIOS if you do not see a MAC address in the BIOS, please use Qflash to update the BIOS and be sure you disable "Keep DMI Data" before the flash, and then be sure you load optimized defaults once you are back in the BIOS again. Then be sure to set your SATA/Disk settings and all other changes you need to make before you try to load your system again after this.

Comment

hi my computer hard locks when im playing a online game and i cant see whats wrong with it my mate i really computer savvy and he couldnt work it out and ive had my computer for 3 months.

my system
                      i7 930
                      gigabyte ud7
                      corsair 6gb 2000mhz
                      evga nvidia gtx480

Comment

I have a Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P motherboard running for about 18 months just fine. When the system was created we used the onboard controller and created a raid 10 array with 4 320Gb drives. Shortly after 2 drives failed and I was getting a critical raid error. I actually ignored this for like a year (doh) and then RMA the 2 drives and played the waiting game with seagate. Once I got the drives returned I installed them and restarted the system and went into the raid setup.

The problem I am having is though it sees the 2 old drives in the array it still states that they other drives non functional or disconnected. But the 2 new drives are clearly shown in the assignments tab. What do I need to do to get these 2 drives to be added to the original array?

Comment

I couldn't find anything after a couple searches on either topic, so I hope they haven't been asked to death already :) I'm using firmware FB right now and I'll be updating it soon as I realize there is a newer version out with some SATA improvements? Oh and running windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I think the rest is covered in my signature.

1. USB charging doesn't work properly. The on/off charge and, in general, charing works great for a battery pack I have... but it doesn't work on my iPhone! When I plug in my iPhone, it shows that it is charging (usually) but the % batter never increases. So, usually if it's at 25% when I start charging, it will stay at 25% charged. I've tried the on/off charge port (which I use for my battery pack), the normal rear panel usb 2.0 ports, eSATA/USB port, and 3.0 ports.

The real weird part is that sometimes after having it plugged into a 'defective' port and then charging with something that works, the batter life % shoots up as if the other port had charged it. i.e. if I plug it into any of the ports for a while and then plug it into a different port, the batter % increases after a couple seconds (by a noticeable amount) and then stops increasing until I plug it into something else.

The problem though, is that if I don't plug it into something else, and it stays at (say) 25%, then my phone dies as if it was only 25% charged and has to be fully re-charged on something proper. The on/off charge seems to drain power from my iPhone to make things worse... I tired to use it a couple times to just find my phone dead in the morning and my battery pack full (I have tried charging with only the iPhone plugged in).

2. I read that Intel now supports TRIM in RAID mode on SSDs for their chip sets. Does this mean the Intel SATA2 controllers will support TRIM in RAID mode with the latest firmware update? I'm confused by what the article meant when they said on Intel chip sets.

3. When using HWmonitor, a lot of my reads are completely messed. I get gigabyte DES voltage is okay with 1.25v but current and powers list the CPU at 218678.38A and 272910.63W??? I'm not in the market to buy anything for 'physical' testing atm (i.e. using voltage read points).

4. When testing a 3.81 Ghz overclock (see BIOS settings) with OCCT, I'm getting
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-01-11-01h29-Volt12.png
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	751158
                          12v graphs that sort of make me worry... is this just an effect of stress testing with power saving features enabled? I only checked that I could start a stress program with each BIOS setting before enabling power saving features.

Edit: I forgot to ask about the firmware thing... I have no AUTO option for CPU clock skew and IOH skew where some people (with the same hardware) do. I read something about installing the UD7 GOOC competition firmware on the UD5 but can't find it.
                          Last edited by draemn; 01-11-2011, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Hello.
                            I just bought the GA-P55-UD5 and I've switched out all working components from my previous system (Asus P5Q Deluxe) to the new build. My problem is that the installation of Windows 7 (64-BIT) hangs at the "Boot from CD/DVD" screen. The cursor just blinks with no other activity on the screen. How do I get past this and continue with my install? Thank you for your help.

GA-P55 UD5
                            Intel i5 760 Quad Core 2.8GHz
                            8GB Mushkin PC3-10666 DDR3-1333 (8GB G.Skill PC3-10666 DDR3-1333 Troubleshoot test kit)
                            XFX RADEON 5850 Black Edition
                            Corsair 750W PSU
                            1 X DVD-RW (IDE)
                            1 X CD-RW (IDE)
                            1 X DVD-RW (SATA)
                            1 X Bluray DVD-RW (SATA)
                            1 X Western Digital Raptor 150GB HD
                            4 X Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HD
                            Cooler Master HAF932

Comment

I'd suggest you try the latest BIOS to see if it fixes your USB Charge issue.

TRIM is NOT supported for RAID arrays, only for single non-member drives in RAID Mode.

Your power results look like faulty PSU to me, but you may want to wait on others comments on that because I don't use OCCT but I know the rails shouldn't drop like that under any load and if it is an issue it's with the PSU.

Comment

There are several bioses to the gigabyte x58a-ud3r rev2 , but which one is the best to overclock cpu and mem?
                                Gigabyte P67A-UD3P , I5 2500K@5ghz 1.35v , A-DATA DDR3 1866mhz , XFX HD6870, Corsair Force F120

Comment

Working...
                                X