Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Problem with GAMA78GM-US2H. This is the second board from Newegg. It won't POST. CPU fan spins up. When in the case, the case fan spins up, but no video. Screen remains blank. Does not post. I tried two different Athlon X2 CPUs,(4400+, 5400+) three different brands of memory (corsair 800Mhz, Crucial CT 12864AA667 8FG, Acer brand memory), 3 differnt power suplies and tow different monitors. All these components worked in other systems.

Is there an issue with this board or something special that needs to be set?

My case is older. I connected the Power switch, HD LED connector, reset switch and speaker (but not the message connector) there were no beep codes at power up. I returned the first board and now I have the same issue with this board. I have tried one stick of memory instead of two and tried all 4 memory slots in various combinations and singularly. I also reset the bios by pulling the battery and puting a jumper on the CMOS reset.

Is there something I am missing? could I get two DOA boards?

Comment

I have replied to you here incase you cannot find it later >>>

Comment

I’ve been trying everything to get my new MB to boot Windows XP SP2 from one of My CD/CCRW drive (Liteon SOHR-5238s). I also have a DVD/R-RW/CD-RW combo drive that will also not boot. I would like to do a clean install of XP.

I’ve set the BIOS to boot from the CDROM first, then HDD, then floppy. I get the message to press any key, which I press, and then BIOS just re-posts. If I ignore the press any key message, Then the OS boots from my hard drive – Seagate SATA II. I want to clean install windows on this drive where the OS is now. It’s booting fine from the HD, but then it’s loading all of the old drivers from my previous MB. I’ve had to get work done so I loaded the drivers from the new gigabyte MB into my current Windows system on the HD.

I’ve tried disconnecting both of my SATA disk drives, I’ve tried different cables from the CDROMs and drives. One of the drives, which is where I would like to boot from is an IDE drive. The other CDROM is a SATA.

I even tried booting with Windows XP startup floppy disks (six of them). I get clear through the process of putting each disk in and then get a blue screen telling me Windows cannot complete installation or I’ll risk equipment damage, that I should update BIOS, check my video card driver and that I have enough space on my disk drive to install. At the end of the message there are 4 different “Stop” errors.

I updated bios to most current version F5F and tried again. Same thing.

How do I get this CDROM to boot?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

System specs:
        MB - GA-770-UD3 (Rev 1.0)
        AMD Phenom II AM3 720 CPU
        160 GB Seagate 7200.9 HD (SATA 2) (Where WinXP SP3 is installed now)
        80 GB Seagate 7200.7 HD (SATA) 3 partitions
        Lite-On SOHR-5238S CD/CD-RW (IDE)
        Lite-ON DVD-CD/DVD-RW/CE-RW Combo drive (SATA)
        4GB Kingston DDR2 800MHz memory (2x2GB)

Comment

I replied to your thread johnquest.

Sorry if you felt I missed your post but I do get very busy here. I do try to get all new posts each night, but 4 pages of new posts takes SEVERAL hours so if you post I will get there, some days it just takes me a while
          Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-08-2009, 05:35 AM.

Comment

I just assembled a system using a Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H motherboard, Phenom II 720 processor, 2X2GB Mushkin DDR2 1000 RAM, Xigmatek HDT-S1283 heatsink and 365W enermax power supply.

The system was running fine for two days, but when I turned it on the next day it didn't POST. Only the heatsink fan was running. I have tried resetting the CMOS, switching power supplies, and using a single stick of RAM in various slots and nothing changes. When I hooked up a speaker I got 3 long beeps followed by 1 short beep.

Also, while the system was working if I set the integrated video to use sideport only, windows would fail to boot if I had the catalyst drivers installed.

Any suggestions on what to do? I don't have any other AM2+ motherboards or processors to test with.

thanks

Comment

So you cannot even get in the BIOS at all now? Just checking since you mentioned GFX Drivers, just wanted to see if you could not post to the BIOS or just could not load windows.

Your PSU worries me, what was the other you had tested with? What GFX Card are you using when not using the onboard?

How did you try clearing the cmos, and for how long? I suggest you try my method outlined in Post # 2 of this thread and see if you get any further >>>

Do you know what BIOS you are using? Can you record the Beep code and upload it and post here for me to listen to? Thanks, hope you can

Comment

I have Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P and in Everest 5.0 the temperature of North Bridge is around 49 C in idle.Is too much or is normal?
                Thanks in advance.

Comment

That is about normal, I think mine is 56 right now. Pretty warm though, I dont like the new Heatsinks I think the material is too thick. The "Fins" like on the P45 ones cooled much better

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                    So you cannot even get in the BIOS at all now? Just checking since you mentioned GFX Drivers, just wanted to see if you could not post to the BIOS or just could not load windows.

Your PSU worries me, what was the other you had tested with? What GFX Card are you using when not using the onboard?

How did you try clearing the cmos, and for how long? I suggest you try my method outlined in Post # 2 of this thread and see if you get any further >>>

Do you know what BIOS you are using? Can you record the Beep code and upload it and post here for me to listen to? Thanks, hope you can

Thanks for your response.

That is correct, I can't get into the BIOS at all (The comment about the drivers was referring to when the system still booted).

I have tried two other DELL power supplies around 300W.

The graphics card I used was an ATI Radeon X300 PCIe.

To reset the CMOS I tried shorting the jumper for several seconds (many times) and left the battery out overnight. I will try the method you suggest tonight.

I'm pretty sure the board has F1 BIOS, I don't think there are any other available.

thanks again for your time
                    Last edited by bigjoeroy; 03-11-2009, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks for support.

Comment

Anytime man!

@ Bigjoeroy

Did you get any further clearing the CMOS using my method?

Comment

No luck with clearning the CMOS. I have ordered another board and processor which should arrive today. I'll post which one I find to be the problem.

thanks

Comment

Ahh, ok well let us know what you find out! Hope all is well with the new hardware

Comment

Please help me with a problem I have (maybe) with my board. I wasn't able to resolve it so far.
                              My board is MA78G-DS3H rev1.0, I assembled my system last August.
                              Trying to make sure everything is fine with the new build I was following the temp with both BIOS and Everest Ultimate. The numbers seem to match with the difference that what BIOS calls system temp Everest calls motherboard temp and Everest is giving temps of both cores of my Athlon 4850e.
                              The CPU temp was always around 34C and system temp max 41-42C. Everything looked fine for months so I stopped starting Everest to check from time to time. Few weeks ago I started the program and was shocked to see reported temp of 77C for motherboard temp. Rebooted to check the BIOS reading, the same 77C for system temp.
                              The PC is exactly the same, sitting on the same spot. I even don't open the case that often.
                              Do I have a faulty sensor? Lot of people seem to be complaining about this.
                              Best to my knowledge, this second sensor is close to the NB chip, underneath the NB heatsink. I opened my case when the PC was already running for hours and touched the NB HS. Slightly warmer than my finger. I am no temp sensor myself but it looks to me more like the 41-42C I has reported earlier than 77C. I would not be able to hold 77C more than few seconds while I can hold my NB HS 8-10 second without any discomfort, even longer.
                              So the first main question to locate the problem I guess is:
                              Is that sensor really underneath the NB HS? Is this 77C reading real or fake?
                              Also, could the HS just somehow lose connection with the chip making the chip much hotter than the HS? The PC is exactly on the same spot, not moved or banged around. What would disconnect the HS?
                              Just to make further test, I used two screws and attached a 40mm fan on top of the NB HS, blowing downwards towards the HS. The temp didn't even move, 77C. No way that is correct. When I touch the HS with the fan on, it's cold. I wouldn't give it more than 15-20C.
                              What do you think? And depending what you think I will have more question, don't worry. :)
                              I am really desperate, I even don't know if I have a problem. I read somewhere that someone with GB board had that reading showing up to 127C and not below 89C at any time and he just disregarded it as faulty sensor. Is it safe if I do the same? But mine was showing 41-42C for months and then a sudden jump to 77C, a whole 35C difference.
                              Thanks in advance. Cheers.
                              PS. Could the NB HS get slightly detached from the chip which would make the chip hotter (maybe the 77C is correct after all) but the HS only warm to touch because there is no heat conducted properly. Should I try replacing the manufacturer HS? It all depends whether the 77C reading is correct or not. I would disconnect and take out the board, replace the HS just to find out that the sensor still says 77C. The case has not been moved or bumped around so I have no reason to think the HS is detached but who knows...
                              GA-MA78G-DS3H rev1.0 F6; Athlon x2 4850e 2.5GHz; Corsair XMS2 CM2x2048-6400C4 2GB kit; Seagate 250GB SATA2 16MB

Comment

Hy All!

My Friend's P35C-DS3R (rev 2.1) not supported the Pentium Dual Core E5400 processor.
                                New bios update? Or the mobo is unsupported platform?

Thx!

Comment

Working...
                                X