Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Excellent, glad to hear you got it fixed :)

Stick around and keep posting, I find it a tiny bit theraputic to spread the knowledge I have ;)

Comment

Just found this forum and I'm glad there is a place like this to help people.
      I just built this new system which I hope will last me for a couple of years.

Comment

Welcome to TweakTown jerryel!
        There are a few people around here who will provided you very technical details if you need them! They will also help with all aspects of the motherboard including locating hard to find voltage information, overclocking help, power supply requirements, optimal bios settings to combine with the amount of RAM you have. In fact all things BIOS are covered in depth in the many stickies.
        LSDMEASAP is your main man, but he is a very sought after and busy forum dude, so if you do happen to have any problems or queries, just give it a day or two and he should be around to see you right ;)

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I've already found some interesting information, especially on the memory (RAM) thread. I plan on overclocking but will wait a while since I'm still trying to figure out Vista 64. It's really a pain when setting it up with all one's devices and programs and I finally turned off that annoying User Account Control. MS had a good idea but I'm afraid many people just gave up on it because of the constant warnings and refusal to install/run some programs.

So far, I've found my scanner, web camera, and PowerMate (mouse-like device) won't work with Vista 64. Luckily my cheap Epson printer and Brother Label printer both work fine.

Little annoyances like extra clicks to just shut down or restart were solved with shortcuts I found on the Web but the ability to play Blu-Ray DVD makes up for a lot of those pesky things.

I can't get the Gigabyte EasyTune 6 to work since it upgraded itself the other day and SiSoft Sandra has lost the ability to test video for some reason. I suspect a driver problem.

Comment

Regarding the extra clicks to do normal tasks, yeah they really screwed up on that, ESPECIALLY the networking. I want to see my network status regular to know what either my DHCP address is or to see if the connection is real or it created a false connection with one of those automatic private addresses.
            I think some things are well worth having in contrast to the downfall of the UI design, things like the better use of mutli-core processors because of the revamped SMP and the better support for large amounts hard disk space.
            Again, another flaw would be the amount of processes running "out of the box", but this is a motherboards and hardware thread :p

Onto hardware, if you download CPU-z and find out if your processor is a B3 stepping or a G0 95 watt edition, then I will give you some general bios settings for any overclock you achieve. Sure all chips are different even the same model from a different batch, but they have a lot in common.

I have a G0 with some watercooling by Swiftech and I am currently at 3.6ghz. Sure I could do it with air cooling, but I don't 100% know what the load temps will be with air cooling, and watercooling is well sorta predictable as long as the pump works ;)

Create a new thread for help on overclocking, sure there are lots of people with indepth knowledge on this, even other forums which have overclocking as their core hobby, but here you will find all you need and can expect to be told nicely, not talked to as though you dont belong.

Go forth and multiply!! (the FSB of course ;))

Comment

Thanks, I'll check with you later on when I finish getting things installed and working right.

Comment

I have GA-E7AUM-DS2H
                BIOS : F1
                Two harddrives -RAID1
                One SATA LG BD/HD-rom drive
                4GB memory and VISTA Ultimate 32.
                Drivers and utilities on included CD are the same as on BG website.
                ET6 does not show temperatures/fan speed/core voltage
                Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced doesn't start and tells me to install latest version even most current is installed.
                Looks like there are many people with similar problems regarding DESA.

Comment

Hey Guys,
                  Can i have some Suggestions i have the following setup and i`m trying to OC it or atleast to run the Memory on DDR3 - 1600MHz :
                  MB - Gigabyte EP45T-UD3R
                  CPU - [email protected] VID 1.1875 - OC at 3.8GHz Vcc 1.3V FSB400x9.5
                  DDR3 - Corsair 4GB KIT 1600C9DHX @ 400MHzx4 at 1.8V / 9.9.9.24
                  VGA - Sapphire TOXIC HD4870 1GB 780/1000 - don't think it matters :)

If you can advice me what volts to put on the MCH and what voltages to put where to be stable because it seems to fail... I did quite few things but it seems that i`m doing something wrong and i`m not shure what exactly is it Please help

Comment

Regarding ET6 I heard that these problems exist from other threads. I dont know if there was a fix but I think ET5 might still work for voltages. You also have the option for Speedfan or CPU-z or Coretemp for some or all of the things ET6 provides.

Regarding the overclocking. Overclocking on Intel P45 Motherboards is Harder Than you Might Think - techPowerUp! Forums
                    and maybe some of the posted bios settings over at http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...cks-ram-30024/ might prompt you on what to consider.

Comment

Thank you. It seems working fine for over 10 hours now on Orthos i did play a little with the MCH and a little with the other things :) But will see what will come about after atleast 12-20 hours of Orthos and am i supposed to get Prime 95 after this or Orthos is fine ? Tonight will put some more detailed settings of the bios so if i made mistake somewhere or you think something can be improved to tell me. Thanks for the advice again.

Comment

No problem post just a general thank you to the Gigabyte service in Holland.
                        After some lengthy dealing with my reseller i was left in the cold by them with a broken UD5 MB. Trough world wide support i got a contact for rma service in the Netherlands. I wont say hear name public but i cant recall been serviced and answered any better the past years by any company.

My motherborad could not be repaired but a new one has been shipped, all i can say THANK YOU Gigabyte

Sorry for the *** licking but sometime this must be said to imo.

Comment

Hi,

I don't know if this the right place to post this message, but I try it.
                          I build last week a system with an X58-UD5 i7/920 CPU (Bios F4) but the DPC latency is a nightmare (my dual core 4 year old laptop outperforms this system).
                          I'm using/intended this machine for dedicated Real Time Audio production, which means I need a steady DPC latency.
                          The system shows very low DPC latency values with WIN XP and hyperthreading off (about 4 us), but with constantly spikes reaching up to 8000 us, and this is a killer.
                          I know you had problems in older boards with that, is this issue a known issue also for this board ?

I tried the DPC checker with the following configuration:

- Gigabyte X58-UD5 (Bios F4)
                          - i7 / 920 (no overclocking)
                          - Memory OCZ DDR3 1600 Gold 6Gb (6 x 1 Gb)
                          - Graphics : Asus512 D3 EAH3650
                          - Disk : Samsung 1 TB SAT2 HD103UJ
                          - Disk : Samsung 160 Gb

Also i disabled all onboard components that don't use (LAN, onboard audio, Sec. SATA).
                          Could it be there is a disk faulty ? Because it appears then when there is disk-activity also the DPC latency increases dramaticly ?

Best regards, Rene Reuscher

Comment

Hello. I have GA-EX58-UD5 and 6GB corsair dominator 1600. the problem is that my Vista x64 shows 4GB only. Everest, cpu-z and memset show all 6gb.

my specs:
                            Core i7 920
                            GA-EX58-UD5
                            RAM: 3x2 Corsair Dominator 1600
                            XFX 8800GT 705MHz
                            500w PSU
                            Bios: F4

Comment

If everest and CPU-z show 6GB then you are fine for sure. Just wondering, do you see total memory 6xxx in taskmanager/performance tab "Total Memory"? You should, and I would imagine you will since everest and CPU-z are showing correct.

I find Vista (System Properties, and other areas) often get memory, and CPU Speed incorrect

Comment

Negative
                                Taskmanager: Total 4092 MB
                                (Thanks for replying so quick)

Edit: my fault Everest shows 4092MB too but it shows the 3 sticks with their specs in SPD tab. CPU-Z shows 6GB.

Last edited by Phizik; 02-19-2009, 08:33 AM. Reason: addin pic

Comment

Working...
                                X