Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I'm quiet new to computer parts with custom builds, and i can't find on the net does Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 rev. 2.0 support ddr3 ram. I'm planing to buy a pc with this motherboard, and all i can find is Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 rev. 1.0 .
    Pc spec:
    Motherboard:
    Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 rev. 2.0
    CPU:
    Phenom II X4 Black 2.8GHz (125W)
    Video card:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 1GB
    RAM:
    Nanya 4GB DDR2 dual channel (ECC)
    Hard Drive:
    Western Digital 250GB SATA II 7200rpm
    PSU: 500 W
    I'm planing to upgrade this Pc after some time( First RAM, then graphick card and so on)

Comment

I don't know the specs on this particular board...

But, if it has ddr2 installed, then no, you cannot use ddr3. They are not cross compatible.
      4790K@ stock
      Z97 G1.Sniper
      G.Skill TridentX 2666 4gb x2
      Giga 780 ti OC WF3
      Corsair HX750
      Corsair H100i
      OCZ Vertex 3

Comment

When you say cros compatible you mean using one stick of ddr2 ram and 3 sticks of ddr3 ram?

Comment

No. Without getting too technical, the physical specs of ddr2 and ddr3 are different. So they are NOT interchangeable.
          4790K@ stock
          Z97 G1.Sniper
          G.Skill TridentX 2666 4gb x2
          Giga 780 ti OC WF3
          Corsair HX750
          Corsair H100i
          OCZ Vertex 3

Comment

ok ty for your help

Comment

Originally posted by redBM202 View Post
              I'm quiet new to computer parts with custom builds, and i can't find on the net does Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 rev. 2.0 support ddr3 ram. I'm planing to buy a pc with this motherboard, and all i can find is Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 rev. 1.0 .
              Pc spec:
              Motherboard:
              Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 rev. 2.0
              CPU:
              Phenom II X4 Black 2.8GHz (125W)
              Video card:
              Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 1GB
              RAM:
              Nanya 4GB DDR2 dual channel (ECC)
              Hard Drive:
              Western Digital 250GB SATA II 7200rpm
              PSU: 500 W
              I'm planing to upgrade this Pc after some time( First RAM, then graphick card and so on)
              In addition to what was said before:

Mainboards with AM2/AM2+ CPU sockets support DDR2.
              Mainboards with AM3/AM3+ CPU sockets support DDR3.

SOME older processors go into both sockets and thus support both, but the RAM sockets are physically different

Comment

Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce 3X 4GB (Rev 2.1)

i flashed custom bios to my gigabyte gtx760 4gb , and it has crashed, then i re-flashed 4gb gigabyte (rev 1.0) bios from techpowerup , but the graphic card didn't accepts, and so many problems occured so i need to find compatible bios to flash it.. please someone share rev2.0 or rev2.1 version of gigabyte gtx760 4gb bios with me

Comment

is there a any way to disable USB3.0 options on my GA-Z87X-UD5H? 'Cause I don't have any USB3.0 product and my many products compatible with just USB2.0. Which BIOS setting should I disable for this?

My BIOS setting;

XHCI Mode ------------------Auto
                  Legacy USB Support -------Enabled
                  XHCI Hand-off--------------Enabled
                  EHCI Hand-off--------------Enabled

Ps: My system is Hackintosh.

Comment

Originally posted by telepati View Post
                    is there a any way to disable USB3.0 options on my GA-Z87X-UD5H? 'Cause I don't have any USB3.0 product and my many products compatible with just USB2.0. Which BIOS setting should I disable for this?

My BIOS setting;

XHCI Mode ------------------Auto
                    Legacy USB Support -------Enabled
                    XHCI Hand-off--------------Enabled
                    EHCI Hand-off--------------Enabled

Ps: My system is Hackintosh.
                    Is in Manual....page 57/58....

Comment

Hello, I am going to buy one x99 gaming 7 and a 5820k (28 lane cpu), I already have one noctua D15 which I would like to use with the new mobo. The problem is that Noctua have told me that the D15 is going to block the first PCIE 3.0 x16, so I need to connect the graphics card in the next 3.0 x16 slot which is PCIE_2 3.0 x16.

I am going to install only one gpu.

The problem is I don't know is the gpu will work in PCIE_2 3.0 x16 mode or it will work at 3.0 x8 mode due the 28 lane cpu.

The manual isn`t clear because It recommends the first slot for 1 gpu and the other descriptions are for SLI 40 and 28 lanes. But I would like to know for sure if the gpu will work 3.0 x16 or x8 due the 28 lanes, in the PCIE_2 with all the others clear.

Thanks for your time and help.
                      Last edited by wimstrek; 10-01-2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I have a build using the Z97X-SOC with the F5 BIOS update and an i7-4770K. When I plug a Sceptre 1280x1024 monitor into the DVI port but do not see the boot screens. It seems I can only see boot output through the VGA port. I'm sure the cable and monitor are fine since I am able to install and view Linux via the VGA port.

What am I missing? I did not see any BIOS settings that appear to affect this.

Thanks for you help.

Comment

Originally posted by wimstrek View Post
                          Hello, I am going to buy one x99 gaming 7 and a 5820k (28 lane cpu), I already have one noctua D15 which I would like to use with the new mobo. The problem is that Noctua have told me that the D15 is going to block the first PCIE 3.0 x16, so I need to connect the graphics card in the next 3.0 x16 slot which is PCIE_2 3.0 x16.

I am going to install only one gpu.

The problem is I don't know is the gpu will work in PCIE_2 3.0 x16 mode or it will work at 3.0 x8 mode due the 28 lane cpu.

The manual isn`t clear because It recommends the first slot for 1 gpu and the other descriptions are for SLI 40 and 28 lanes. But I would like to know for sure if the gpu will work 3.0 x16 or x8 due the 28 lanes, in the PCIE_2 with all the others clear.

Thanks for your time and help.
                          According to spec.,PCIE_1 and PCIE_2 running at x16.
                          But,
                          with i7-5820K CPU installed, the PCIE_2 slot operates at up to x8 mode
                          GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 2011-3 - GA-X99-Gaming 7 WIFI (rev. 1.0)

Btw,
                          here is some dimmensions arround X99 CPU socket:
                          Gigabyte's X99-UD4 motherboard reviewed - The Tech Report - Page 1

Originally posted by wrlee View Post
                          I have a build using the Z97X-SOC with the F5 BIOS update and an i7-4770K. When I plug a Sceptre 1280x1024 monitor into the DVI port but do not see the boot screens. It seems I can only see boot output through the VGA port. I'm sure the cable and monitor are fine since I am able to install and view Linux via the VGA port.

Thanks for you help.
                          Do you have D-Sub connection ?
                          According to spec.,The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
                          Lasting Quality from GIGABYTE.GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ motherboards bring together a unique blend of features and technologies that offer users the absolute ...
                          Last edited by stasio; 10-07-2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by wrlee

Thanks for you help.
                            Do you have D-Sub connection ?
                            According to spec.,The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
                            http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4967#sp
                            Nope. I, of course, have a VGA connector/cable for the VGA connection and a proper, DVI-D (single-link) cable for the DVI connection. I'd meant to mention that Linux is working through both the VGA and DVI ports, even simultaneously (where it extends the screen across both monitors). The boot screens do not output any video signal thru the DVI-D connection.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                              According to spec.,PCIE_1 and PCIE_2 running at x16.
                              But,
                              with i7-5820K CPU installed, the PCIE_2 slot operates at up to x8 mode
                              GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 2011-3 - GA-X99-Gaming 7 WIFI (rev. 1.0)

Btw,
                              here is some dimmensions arround X99 CPU socket:
                              Gigabyte's X99-UD4 motherboard reviewed - The Tech Report - Page 1
                              Thanks, but now I have recieved two gigabyte support responses of two different tickets, which I copy-pasted exactly the same text in both of them :

Ticket one 1.
                              As long as you inserted it onto the 2nd x16 slot it will not effect performance. However you cannot use the 5820k, please use another model which does not have this limitation. Only the 5820k cpu have this limitation, if you must use this processor you must use a Intel recommended fan cooler so you can use the video card onto the first x16 slot.
                              Ticket two 2.
                              Dear Customer,

Yes, it can work on GEN3 when use VGA card on PCIE2.

I don't know what to believe.

Comment

Best is to try yourself....

Comment

Working...
                                X